Three Old Drabbles

The Baekyeol Drabbles

A/N: The last two were intended to be in the same universe but idk if it makes sense...lol


1. The "Platonic" Bed Sharing
 
So Baekhyun and Chanyeol are in a completely platonic relationship (which Jongdae calls complete on). But sometimes their apartment gets really cold at night, so the two of them cram into the bed big enough for only Chanyeol and huddle together under multiple blankets to keep warm. Baekhyun always falls asleep before Chanyeol, but he usually wakes up in the middle of the night to feel Chanyeol pulling him flush against his body, and he loves the feeling, but he doesn't tell Chanyeol that. He also doesn't tell Chanyeol that even when he adjusts himself away, yes, Baekhyun  can still feel his morning wood pressed into his .
 
 
2. Sad Times
 
Sometimes Baekhyun gets really sad. There are weekends where he sits by the window in the living room with a blanket (Chanyeol's blanket) resting over top his head and billowing down around his body. It's not that he's sad about his life with Chanyeol in the big city of Seoul, because he loves it. He loves it so much. Sometimes, however, Baekhyun misses home. He misses Busan and his parents and his brother and his wife and their beautiful daughter. He misses his old high school and the pretty garden his mother never failed to keep up with. He misses college too. Baekhyun's done this enough that Chanyeol knows now to let him be for a few days, which totally for Chanyeol because what is he supposed to do on weekends when the only person who laughs at his jokes needs his own time? So Chanyeol usually spends Saturday cleaning and Sunday building the biggest blanket fort in their bedroom while Baekhyun gazes out the window. Sunday evening is he usually comes around to apologizing, and Chanyeol is always at his side by the window, waiting with open arms. They usually spend Sunday nights in the killer blanket fort with take out and what ever was left over from the week (usually Kyungsoo's kimchi spaghetti), laughing at old memories. So it's usually no surprise that the couple falls asleep in each other's arms under their blanketed sky. It's also no surprise that they wake up to their alarms going off in the morning, tangled in the collapsed fort.
 
3. The First Fight
 
They never fought; it was something Baekhyun and Chanyeol never did. It wasn't that their relationship was so perfect that nothing ever went wrong; they were just so in tune with each other that it worked. Their arguments were never extreme, and the only time they argued about something was when Chanyeol did something completely and utterly idiotic. ("Oh my god, Chanyeol, are you ing serious?! You're allergic to cats, why the are you bringing home a stray?!"). They never argued about dishes; that was Baekhyun's responsibility. Chanyeol did the cooking, and Baekhyun ordered take out later in the evening when the latter was too lazy to cook. They cleaned everything together on Sundays, and Chanyeol folded laundry while Baekhyun washed and dried the linens. They just fit together. So the first time Baekhyun and Chanyeol fought, neither of them knew what to do.
 
They had been together for five years without a fight, without a riff; so it was chilling to the both of them. Baekhyun remained in the kitchen, furiously scrubbing at the dishes while Chanyeol gathered a night bag for Sehun's house. Neither of them said a thing, but Baekhyun wished he did when he heard the front door hit the wall as it flew open, and felt it shatter his heart when it slammed shut. It was over a promotion Chanyeol got. He got home later than normal, which made Baekhyun bust out his not nearly as amazing cooking skills so he wouldn't starve. Honestly, Baekhyun wasn't surprised the younger got a promotion; the kid had been a dedicated employee ever since he interned for them during their college years. So, naturally, Baekhyun was super excited for him until he heard, "We're moving to Hong Kong, Baek!" Baekhyun worked in Seoul as a music teacher for elementary school kids. It was the perfect job; it was everything he had dreamed of! He loved the children he worked with and Chanyeol knew that! How could he just tell him they were moving to China?! He would be further away from his family, from their friends...it scared Baekhyun. How could Chanyeol let go so easily?
 
Neither of them expected for it to turn into a fight, but then again, neither of them had seen such a reaction from each other. Before anything could even get resolved, Baekhyun stormed off into the kitchen to do his dishes while Chanyeol busied himself with gathering things for his stay at Sehun's. He didn't have to leave, but he did, and it . Baekhyun remained in his cold bed for three days, thanking the lord the children were on some holiday break because he was almost certain he couldn't move. How could he? Chanyeol was pissed at him for being stubborn and not agreeing to move...but he loved Chanyeol. Sometimes, you have to sacrifice the things you love for the one you love... 
 
"I quit." was the first thing Chanyeol screamed when he walked through the front door of their apartment seventeen days after their fight. That day had been torture for Baekhyun. School had resumed and it was upsetting and unusual to not have a cute message from Chanyeol waiting for him on his work phone. Nonetheless, Baekhyun looked at the giant confused. Quit?
 
"But you'll able to afford anything with that job, Chanyeol. You quit?" Baekhyun wasn't sure if he was hearing right to be completely honest.
 
Chanyeol shook his head with this sickening sweet grin on his face as he collapsed on the couch where Baekhyun took refuge after school. "No, you're wrong. Because China would show me something new, but why I do that when I have all the riches already? Why would I leave when I have the world right here in front of me." Chanyeol caressed Baekhyun's soft cheek before placing a kiss on missed tender lips.
 
It was a perfect moment, a Kodak moment as one would call it. Chanyeol cuddled Baekhyun into his arms as their lips slanted hastily, desperate against each other's... until a hushed 'arf' sounded from behind the couch.
 
"Chanyeol, what the . What makes you think we have time for a dog."