On top of the Mountains (Hyoyeonxyou)

Winter Tales [on a HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

*****

 

"Waah~ This holiday is going to be the best!" Mina exclaimed as she sat down to her signed seat in an airplane. She and her girlfriend were visiting a popular ski resort in Girdwood, Alaska. It wasn't their first choice, but Hyoyeon wanted some privacy for them. After few negotiations, they settled with Alaska. Besides, it's not like many people there are going recognize SNSD's Hyoyeon. It was sure to become an awesome vacation. Just the two of them, snow and good food.

"The plane ride is going to be pain in the though." Hyoyeon said taking off her sunglasses and sat down next to her girlfriend. Mina glanced at the blonde and smiled.

"It doesn't have to be. We can cuddle and talk."

"For the whole time?"

"Don't be a party pooper babe." Mina said and tried to find a good position to sit. Her seat was between Hyoyeon and the airplane's window. Hyoyeon circled her arms around Mina's waist and leaned her head on her lover's shoulder. She let out a yawn. Their flight was scheduled to departure at 4 am. They had been awake since 2 am and sleep was creeping into Hyoyeon's eyes. Mina on the other hand was awake. She was full of energy and ready to concur the mountains of Alaska. Mina also had a mission. A mission she was not going to back out anymore.

"Ladies and gentleman, this is your captain speaking. We have been cleared to take off. The cabin crew is more than happy to serve you and answer to any possible questions of this aircraft's safety. Please remove your headphones during the safety presentation. We hope you have a pleasant flight with Korean Air. Thank you."

 

~~~

 

"Yes! I love this place!" Mina dashed from window to window in the hotel room. The scenery from their hotel was fantastic. The city was right there in the darkness illuminated by streetlights and lights from many many small shops. Behind that city stood tall snowy mountains. The ski resort was high on the mountains and it happened to snow hard at the moment so seeing the resort's lights were difficult. It was not that late yet, but it was too late to grab snow boards and go to the mountains.

"I'm really glad you like it." Hyoyeon said sitting down on a comfy brown sofa. Their hotel room was fancy. It was all thanks to Hyoyeon who decided to spend some cash when they were browsing for a hotel. Mina didn't want to get this fancy hotel at first, but after Hyoyeon read that there was a bowling alley and a swimming pool in the hotel, Mina gave in instantly.

Mina turned to leaned against the window still and looked over to her blonde lady. Hyoyeon was skipping through a booklet about the restaurants and bars of Girdwood. She had crossed her legs and was leaning comfortably against the couch. Her blonde hair was swiped to her left shoulder revealing her white right shoulder and neck. She was so beautiful. Her very dark brown eyes, straight nose and plump, absolutely kissable, lips. Those black jeans she had on made her legs look long and skinny. Her legs really were nice. In fact her whole body was out of this world. Many hours of dancing had left their marks on her. Not that Mina minded at all. Hyoyeon's hair was so fantastic. It didn't look like pee yellow, but it was the perfect yellow. Mina had been in a shock the day Hyoyeon had walked through her door with blonde hair. She had loved Hyoyeon's brown hair. It took some time to get used to waking up next to a blonde woman instead of a brunette. Now that time had gone Mina really couldn't picture Hyoyeon with any other hair color.

Mina made her way in front of her girlfriend, blocking her reading light. Hyoyeon moved her eyes upwards to find the reason why the bright light was gone. That moment Mina gestured her hands for Hyoyeon to sit properly, her both feet on the floor. The blonde did as told. Mina sat astride on Hyoyeon's lap and s her hand around Hyoyeon's neck. With her other hand she gently Hyoyeon's cheek. The blonde smiled and tossed the booklet away on the couch. They looked into each other's eyes for good 20 seconds before Hyoyeon pulled Mina by her waist closer, their lips touched. Their eyes closed at the touch of their lips. They knew each other well. Their lips moved against each other's, taking in all that intimacy and love they offered for each other. They were so focused on kissing that nothing could interrupt them.

Except.

Lack of air and Hyoyeon's growling stomach.

"Little hungry, are we?" Mina teased at her girlfriend who hoped to get back to kissing, but the growls of her stomach kind of killed the mood.

"Yeah...You think anything is open this late?"

"Probably not. Well except bars and their snacks." Mina said, reaching to the same booklet tossed away by her girlfriend.

"We could go to a bar.." Hyoyeon ran her hands on Mina's thighs and looked at the black haired woman's face.

"And wake up tomorrow with horrible hang overs? Not an option blondie." Mina said, slightly smacking Hyoyeon's head with the booklet.

"Many restaurants serve steaks and other heavy food." Mina said and pointed to few names on the booklet. Hyoyeon looked at the booklet upside down and tried to read the names her girlfriend pointed at.

"Oh! Feeling for sushi tonight?" Mina said now turning the booklet to Hyoyeon. She pointed at a restaurant named Sakura.

"Ooh~ Let's go there!"

And so they got dressed in warm winter coats, mittens and beanies. Hand in hand they exited their hotel and took a heading to the sushi place. They walked past many small boutiques full of Christmas ornaments and candies. The wind was cold and snow was falling from every direction, covering the roads, benches, statues and everything. After a while they sat down in the small but comfy sushi place Sakura. As they waited their orders Hyoyeon took out the map of the mountains they were going to go. There wasn't really a ski lift all they up the mountains so it seemed like they needed to do some hiking. It was going to be a good exercise for the both of them.

 

~~~

 

Hyoyeon and Mina stepped out of their rented car and took out their snowboards. Hyoyeon's board was blue and the bottom had a picture of an electric blue ball sending electricity all over the board. Mina's board was white and the bottom was covered with different kinds of round shaped tribal patters. They made their way to the counter and bought 8 hour tickets. The saleswoman also gave them two GPS trackers when they told they were planning on snowboard some unmarked slopes. Just to be safe, had the woman said. Without any protests they took the GPS devices and put them in their pockets, a safe place if they happened to fall or end up under an avalanche. The GPS signals would help their rescuers to find them easily under snow. Their snowboarding jackets had many pockets and they put their keycards in the pockets of their upper arm. You needed a keycard to access the ski lifts and the machine before the lifts was going to read their keycards through their pockets. The duo proceeded outside.

 

"What are going to try first?" Mina asked putting on her helmet and adjusting her black colored goggles. Black color was told to be the best one to use when it was sunny and the snow was gong to be reflecting lot of sunlight.You needed to see where you were going in order to avoid accidents. The one who was coming from behind was always suppose to go around the slower one carefully. Also, there might be some snow piles and the board might get stuck, then down you go on the snow. Ice was always unpleasant to board on to. The ice was usually revealed under all the snow when the slope was in busy use. It was dangerous to snowboard or ski on the ice fast. Your board's or ski's sharp metal edge might not dig into the thick ice and then down you go again, sliding on the icy hill side.

 

"How about we go up with the chairlift number four and go the medium hard slope first?" Hyoyeon suggested pointing her hand at the chairlift number 4.

"Sounds like a plan. We can get to the other side of the mountain if we go on that shortcut what starts after the beginning of the slope and goes to the lift 10, right?" Mina asked putting on a backbag with full of hot chocolate in thermo bottles and some sandwiches. She clicked all the straps of the bag tightly close, making sure it was not going to fall.

"Yeah, but we need to walk quite some time to get to the other side." Hyoyeon said, now locking her boot on the board. Mina was ready to go. Her glasses and helmet secured, GPS tracking devise switched on and her other boot attached to her board. Snowboarders need to always have one boot free when they enter ski lifts. It was a safety procedure and they can get forward by pushing on the ground with their free foot. Otherwise they would have to hop their way forward, and that would be tiring.

 

Hyoyeon reached at the keycard reading machine first and pulled Mina by her arm. Mina had some small problems getting forward with her board. The snow was kind of melted and it had a negative affect on Mina's board. The metal pipe doors opened when the machine read their keycards and they hopped on the moving chairlift. The lifts were moving constantly so you needed to hop/ski/push your way to a marked zone where getting on the lift was going to be easiest. If you were too late, getting on the chairlift was going to be hard and you were possibly going to fall. As the lift went on they pulled down the safety metal railing. They placed their other legs on the foot place what came down with the safety railing, and their other foot which was attached on the board hang loosely in the air.

Wind was colder than in the city. There were no trees on the mountain and sun was shining brightly. They kept looking at the views in awe as the elevator kept going higher and higher. Snowboarding was not a sport for people who were afraid of heights. The elevator was good 10 meters above the slopes and other snowboarders and skiing people who happened to be on the slope below them. The lift took around five minutes to get to its destination. Getting off the lift was also a challenge. You needed to push up the safety rail at right time. The lift was going to slow down rapidly, causing the long chair to swing back and forth. You didn't want to open the rail too early either, because falling down from it was a high chance if you did. If you opened it too late, getting off was impossible and you needed to make another round with the lift. You needed to leave at the time when the chair you were sitting on was at an exact marked zone. The zone was not snow, it was pure ice and chances of falling down when your board and other feet touch the ice were high. The tactic was to set your board on the ice and not place your free foot on the ice. You needed your both feet on the board and you had to push some speed from the chairlift you were sitting on. That way you could just slide across the ice area, down to snow where you could stop safely.

"You did well Hyo!" Mina patted on Hyoyeon's shoulder when they were standing on top of the medium hard slope. Hyoyon had gotten into snowboarding three years ago when she met Mina. Year and a half after that they were in a relationship. Mina on the other hand had been snowboardig for her whole life. Thanks to her father who loved the sport.

"I was super nervous!" Hyoyeon said placing a hand on her heart. Mina chuckled and comforted her girlfriend with an awkward hug. It was hard to hug her since both of their feet were already attached on their boards. With a giggles from both of them they released the hug and Mina gave Hyoyeon a light push. The blonde started to slide towards the medium slope. Mina hopped forward a little to gather some speed and soon followed after Hyoyeon. They always snowboarded Hyoyeon first in case she happened to fall or something happened to her, that way Mina was there to help her up and save her.

They managed their way to chairlift 10 and it took them nearly to the top of the mountain. There Mina opened her straps and freed her both legs. Hyoyeon on the other hand didn't free her leg, but instead motioned towards Mina with her hands.

"What?" Mina asked as she lifted up her snowboard.

"Pull me~" Hyoyeon used her not so popular aegyo against her girlfriend.

Please log in to read the full chapter