Not My Gumdrop Buttons!

Christmas Drabbles

pairing: girls day ot4

rating: G

πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ‚

Β 

The colour red is very special to Hyeri. It was in her blood. And Minah now holding the last red gumdrop in her hand was worse than treason, worse than cheating in monopoly. "Unni, please? I'll trade you all these skittles. Please I need it for the sidewalk!"

Β 

Minah scoffed from beside her. "And? I need it for my windowsill!"

Β 

Yura, sitting on the opposite head of the table, nudged Sojin with her free hand. The other was still trying to hold the base walls of her house together, they still wouldn't stick yet! "Unni, look, it's like watching a political debate."

Β 

Sojin looked up from where she was meticulously piping swoops along her roof, to Hyeri and Minah in heavy discussion, backs straight and chests puffed up with importance.

Β 

Right then Hyeri scoffed in return, turning up her nose. "Windowsills are old fashioned, and who pays attention to them anyways? Just cut some of the others up and line the pieces like brick.Β SidewalksΒ are right in the forefront, in importance and in reality! I can't have an unfinished sidewalk!"

Β 

"Maknae, listen to your elder, okay, your sidewalk will be fine. You shouldn't rely on handouts." Minah lightly flicked Hyeri's nose, then turned to pick up her piping bag.

Β 

Hyeri looked like she was going to cry, her eyes welled up and twitched just barely, pouting slightly like she couldn't help it. "Unni, please? Shouldn't you spoil your maknae?" Her voice started to falter. "Haven't I done well for the group?" Once finished Hyeri looked down, twiddling her thumbs in her lap and sighing.

Β 

Minah looked over, then back at her windowsill. Then to the gumdrop in her fist, then to Hyeri's subtely shaking shoulders, and back to her windowsill. She looked at it longingly, and sighed.

Β 

She quickly shoved her hand in front of Hyeri's face, unfurling her fingers. As soon as the red gumdrop was revealed, Hyeri squealed loud, beamed, amd finished her sidewalk with one quick plop.

Β 

"Thanks unni, thank you!"

Β 

Back down the table, Yura and Sojin shared a look, shrugged their shoulders in unison, and got back to work.

Β 

As Hyeri bent over her house to get started on her own roof, her hair fell in front of her face, the one downside to her new blonde bob. She snuck a glance to her newly finished sidewalk, and the corners of pulled into a mischievious smirk that was gone before her hair fell back.

Β 

a/n: why just be a maknae when you can be an evil maknae.

or slightly sneaky maknae, whatevs