three

the same heart

I never got to see Seunghoon again. When I got back to school after Autumn break, Seunghoon changed school. He didn't tell anyone about it, not even his close friends. It was as if he just ... disappeared. Oh boy, Seunghoon was always so embarrassingly awkward. The way he would just stand at the side while his friends pushed and pulled each other in laughter. Sometimes, he would laugh along. He was also uncertain and always seemed to be fumbling his way through everything. But I ... really did love Seunghoon. 

The alarm clock buzzed in annoyance next to my bed. I opened my eyes to see the rays of sunshine through the blinds of my blue curtains. The same dream, I sighed, again. Ever since I last saw Seung Hoon, I've been having the same dream every once in a while. The little moment we shared at the temple. It's been three years since then. Maybe even now, he still has a special place in my heart. I pushed the annoying alarm clock off the table but it still wouldn't stop ringing. Frustrated, I picked it up and noticed what time it was. 

A scream came out from my lips and I jumped off my bed, " EOMMMMMMMA! I'M LATE! "

------------

" Jinwoo-ah! Here's your ball, you left it at the gym yesterday! " My friend, Jun Hong said as he put down the ball on my desk. 

" Thanks man! " I smiled and punched him in the arm. 

He squirmed away and sighed, " Yah~ Can you not use so much strength ? " I seriously can't believe he had no idea I was forcing all my strength.

I looked at him acting like a little girl and pretended to laughed really loudly until I felt a pat on my shoulder. I spun around immediately to see my other friend, Min won grinning widely. " But that's what makes Jinwoo a fun person! " He said. 

" Oh, Morning Minwoo. " I made space for him and sat on top of my desk, putting my leg up and shaking my foot. I hated doing that. 

" Hey, look, It's mr.i-think-i-am-too-cute-for-you. " Minwon rolled his eyes at the direction of the classroom's door. I looked over to see Seungyoon walking in. Even though he buried half of his face in his grey scarf, I could still see the redness of his cheeks. Two girls' attention were turned to him immediately and they said their greetings. He looked more embarrassed and mumbled something back with a little smile. I watched as he stumbled his way to his seat, at the back of the classroom. 

" What do girls see in that sort of boys? " Minwon asked in annoyance.

I snorted, " No idea. " I'm sorry, Seungyoon.

" He's not even cute, if you look at his face. " Jun Hong said while making a face. 

I looked over at how the boys in class slowly drifted away from Seungyoon's desk. Is he really okay with this? Everyone in the class hate him. He is completely isolated. Looking at him, It reminded me a lot of myself back in middle school. It's my third year in Daeju high school now. Ever since high school started, I created a new Kim Jinwoo. I got taller and my hair grew so long that I decided to slide it all up. It's messy but at least, It's manlier and more mature. The bangs I had won't get me anywhere. Since I couldn't change my innocent deer eyes, I figured I have to change everything else. I don't want to be alone like I was in middle school anymore. So I changed my hairstyle, my clothes, the way I sit, talk, laugh, picked up sports and I even tried going out with girls. Now no one in my class would hate me anymore. 

--------------------

" I'm so hungry! " I walked back to the boys and complained, carrying three lunch box in my hands.

Jun Hong threw me a look and chuckled, " You sure eat a lot, even for a boy. " 

I was laughing at something with the boys until I heard someone called out loudly, " Seunghoon! " My attention snapped back to the hallway immediately and I turned my head. Did I imagine that? Did I really heard someone called Seunghoon? 

At the end of the hallway, I thought I really saw him. Lee Seunghoon. But no. The man who wasn't wearing our school uniform was taller with his face almost the same like Seunghoon's. Small lips and sharp jawline. But his eyes were different. They were shinning in a way I know Seunghoon's would never. I was still shocked at how much the resemblance was.

" It's not Seunghoon! It's Seungho. " The man as known as Seungho said. " And hey, you need to call me sensei. " 

I sighed and wanted to hit myself. It's been so long but I still freaked out at the mention of his name. Minwon slapped me by the shoulder and looked over at Seungho too, " Could this ... be love? "

Jun Hong jumped in front of me and grinned slyly, " Jinwoo, You show no intrest in girls at all. But you reacted to Seungho sensei! "

" Don't be ridiculous. " I panicked for a while before removing myself from Minwon's grip. 

They both exchanged glances and laughed. " It's a joke. " Minwon said. 

" We know you're not into these things. " Jun Hong raised his eyebrows and laughed out loud. I pretended to laugh along so we could get away from this topic. I couldn't let them know that I am interested in the same .

We were on our way back to class with our lunch box in our hands. I pretended to eat while walking so I could exclude myself in the conversation. 

" Jinwoo, If you're slightly more of a gentleman, You'd totally be popular among the girls! " Jun Hong looked over at me.

" Jinwoo's totally awful around the girls. Remember what happened to Yuri? " Minwon grinned. 

I wanted to buried my face in embarrasement at the thought of Yuri from next class. " I couldn't care less about relationships anyway. As long as I have you two, I don't need- " 

I was cut off by a sudden bump at the shoulder. I stumbled and my lunch box slipped from my hands but the person caught it instead in his. Wow, I could remember myself mumbling after I got a hold of myself. I was still looking down when the person shoved the lunch box back to me and murmured, " Unattractive lunch box. " 

Huh? My heart skipped a beat and all my muscles felt as if they're frozen in place. That voice. I know that voice. Before I could react, he started walking away. The footsteps. It was exactly the same the day he walked away from me. 

Seunghoon? 

" Come on, Jinwoo. Let's go! " I heard someone said but my mind was too tangled with thoughts to bother who.

I turned to Jun Hong and gave him all my lunch box in my hands quickly. " I forgot to buy something. I'm sorry. Please go on without me. " 

Before I got a reply, I started dashing the same way the person went. But everywhere was so full of people and he went out of sight really quickly. I had a million things running in my mind as I ran down the stairs, pushing people out of my way. I didn't even see his face ... so how can i assume it's him? 

But I had to make sure. He was really out of sight when I reached the ground floor. I looked around for a bit until I saw the same tall and slender figure walking towards the door to the next building. I followed him really quietly while gathering up all my courage to call out to him. This is it, Kim Jinwoo, It's now or never. 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello! I'm such a happy kid everytime I got a new comment because ya all are so cute T_____T /throws cookies/ Thank you for all your support and keep leaving comments! It helped me a lot ^^ Thank you, lovelies!