one [FLASHBACK]

the same heart

It was autumn. The weather was getting colder and colder each day as every trees rain down red, yellow and orange leaves. The wind was so strong that day and it looked as if the leaves were flames when they were blown away. It was two o'clock after school and I was rushing home, my bag draped over my shoulder. I felt the cold, strong wind rushing by and looked up to see the dark clouds have gathered. Before I knew it, the rain started pouring. Lucky for me, there was a temple right in front of me. I dashed towards it before the rain got heavier. The rain looked as if it was going to last for a while and I was trying to wipe myself with my shirt but then I saw him, Lee Seung Hoon. We've been in the same class since the first year of junior high but we barely talked. I've always wanted to talk to him but whenever he walked past me or looked at me when I turned around in class, I became speechless. There was just something so special about this tall, gorgeous guy that affect me in such a way. Between us was a pillar and I couldn't tell if he noticed me or not. But my heart, it was racing so quick. I've been dreaming about this for years. It was as if god created this chance for us to spend time together. I put my hands in my pocket and removed them, I kept doing it as thoughts ran through my head. Did he see me? Is he trying to ignore my presence? Will he talk to me? That was when I realized if I don't hold on to a chance, I might not get it again. 

" Seung Hoon-sshi, a- " I opened my mouth to say something.

He cut me off, " It came down pretty suddenly....... huh? "

I did it again, my hands in my pocket. My hands out of my pocket. In the pocket. Out of the pocket. " Yeah. " That was all I could manage and I wanted to hit myself with a rock. 

He didn't say anything then and I turned to look at him. His face was built with fine features. His sharp jawline, small and delicate lips and his eyes, they looked as if there was a million secrets hidden behind them. That was when he glanced back at me and I caught myself trying to breathe. We both looked away immediately and this time, I wanted to hit myself with a bus. We stood in silence for a while and the dark clouds were clearing. I looked around for a topic to talk about and a damp poster of the Autumn festival was laying on the ground. This is it! 

" Seung Hoon-sshi! Are you going to the Autumn Festival? " I asked.

" Eh ? " He looked at me in a way like I was asking him out. My face was feeling heaty as I realized how stupid that came out. I quickly looked on my shoes so he couldn't see the embarrassement writted all over my face.

And all of sudden, I felt a cloth draping over my head. I looked up to see Seung Hoon standing a step away from me. He was half head taller and when I looked up, he smiled softly. " You'll catch a cold. Use this to dry up. " I took the cloth down from my head and realized it was a gym shirt. His gym shirt! 

" Don't worry, I haven't worn it yet. " He said like he could tell what I was thinking. " Except once. "

I almost jumped up, " Huh?! Then you have worn it once! " He laughed then, his lips curled up to spread a wide smile and it was the most beautiful thing I've seen. I wiped my wet hair with it and mumbled a thank you while trying to hide my reddened cheeks with it.

And there we stood, quietly and closely next to each other for a very long time. There are some moments in life that you can never forget, that was one of it.

A week later, He showed up in front of my desk in class after school. I didn't realize how long he's been standing there as I was packing the books into my bag. When I looked up, there he stood, all tall and slender and confident but you can tell the shyness on his face. I thought of a hundred possible reasons that he's standing there but only one seems valid. His gym shirt.

I quickly removed it from my bag and handed it out to him. " Thank you. " I said with a smile. 

" Jinwoo! A-Are you going to the Autumn Festival ? " He asked before taking back the shirt from my hands.

My mind went blank. " Huh? "

" Did you make any plans with your friends? " 

" Not ye- "

He covered his eyes with the back of his hand-as if he was embarassed- and said, " 7:00! At the clock in Gangwon-do. " 

I wasn't breathing then. It was as if someone took all the air away. Him. My eyes focused on his school shirt, all untidy and untucked as you can see his basketball jersey hidden behind it. I let my mind ran through the few words he just said over and over again. 7:00! At the clock in Gangwon-do. 7:00! At the clock in Gangwon-do. 7:00! At the clock in Gangwon-do. 7:00! At the clock in Gangwon-do. Did he just ask me to go-

" See you there. " He said and walked away awkwardly.

I sat there for a while-maybe longer than i should- trying to replay the whole scenario in my head

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello there! First of all, if you've subscribed to this story for a long time but I never update it, I wanna apologize. /bows/ ; ________ ; I got involved in a car accident after New Year and I broke my arms so typing/writing was a huge problem for me. Now that I can type again, of course I wanna get back to this story! Honestly, I have no idea where this is going. But if you stay with me, I promise It can be a hella fun ride ^____^ Leave a comment of what you think about chapter 1 and more will come, i promisE!