CHAPTER ONE

Why?

“I hate that too many people from our school comes here.” Chanhee sighed. “This isn’t the only one café at Seoul, you know?”

Daniel laughed. His best friend liked to complain about everything.

“Get over it. Let’s keep working.” He said while going toward a table with some orders.

 

They had been working at a café near their school for almost 9 months alongside their first year friend, Yoo Changhyun. Daniel just came one day with the idea to his friends and after a lot of begging they agreed.

 

Since the café was really close to their school, many of the students spent their time in there after classes and extracurricular activities were over; Daniel was really surprised that Chanhee has gotten this far.

It didn’t bothered Daniel... but he also wasn’t okay with it.

 

“Hey fish lips.”

He knew exactly where that came from; that guy always sits at the same table at the bottom of the place with his two best friends and a different group of girls each time.

He held his breath for a while trying to relax for a bit before having to face that guy.

“Good afternoon. How can I help you?” Said Daniel forcing a smile.

“The girls wants some hot chocolate and I want a latte.” Byunghun, the honey haired guy answered with a superiority tone. “Minsu, Jonghyun, what do you want?”

“I will take hot chocolate too.” Jonghyun said.

“I want a coffee, please.” Minsu, the older one at the table talked. Daniel wrote their orders. “Something more?”

“No, just go already, and be fast with our orders.” Byunghun said while making a manner with his hand telling Daniel to leave. Daniel tried his best to ignore it and left the place making his way to the bar where Chanhee was.

 

“What’s with that face?” Asked the older. “Let me guess. Lee Byunghun and his friends are here.”

“Sadly, you are right.” He answered while pouring the hot chocolate in a cup. “I don’t know what you see on him.”

“Shut up , someone could hear you.” Chanhee said while looking around him.

 

Chanhee had liked Lee Byunghun since a few months after they started high school; the red haired itself didn’t understand why he still liked so much someone as stupid and a player as Byunghun was.

 

Daniel sighed. “Well, as I always tell you, he doesn’t deserve your attention Chanhee. You should look for someone better to fall in love with, and stop liking some useless player.”

“I wish I could, but I just can’t.” Daniel knew that Chanhee had a little hurted smile even if he wasn’t facing him.

“Don’t feel like that, he’s the one that’s losing by not paying attention to someone like you.” He tried to comfort his friend before leaving with Byunghun’s table order.

“Did you go to collect the coffee beans or something?” Said Byunghun to Daniel while the latter was placing their orders in front of them.

All Daniel wanted in that moment was throwing the hot beverages at Byunghun, but he had to control himself or he would be the one who suffer the consequences. “Sorry for the wait sir.” He said after all the beverages were over the table. “Do you need something else?”

“No. Now that you are done, stay away from my sight.”

After that, Daniel bowed and happily left the table.

 

When he came back to Chanhee, the red haired was talking to Changhyun who was taking some cakes from the kitchen.

“That looks really great.” The tallest among them said while looking at what Changhyun had baked.

“My skills have been improving after working in here for a long time.” Changhyun started talking after taking out the last cake. “I could say it’s thanks to you Daniel hyung, so I will bake you something one of this days.” Chanhee slightly punched the youngest head.

“What about me? I deserve something too.”

Changhyun laughed. “Ok Chanhee hyung. I will bake something for you too.”

“I like that.” Chanhee smiled.

 

“Hey, sweet Daniel.”

The good mood between the three friends disappeared after hearing those words.

Hwang Youngjae.

A third year student from their school who liked to harass Daniel since the first day they met. As Byunghun and his friends, he was also a kingka. When he knew that Daniel was working at that café, he became a regular.

Daniel hated Youngjae presence more than Byunghun’s; he would prefer hearing the latter insults 24/7 that just a few hours of Youngjae lustful stares.

Why was it like that? Ahn Daniel was well known at their school because of his beauty and feminine looks; actually Youngjae wasn’t the only one who harassed him, there where many students who did, but after the kingka announced Daniel as his, all of them stayed away from him because of the fear they felt towards the kingka.

At the beginning, Daniel thought that Youngjae’s harassment would stop in no time, but almost a year has passed and he stayed the same.

 

“You want me to go?” Chanhee said with worried eyes.

Daniel sighed. “You know how he is. He can become very troublesome if I’m not the one attending him.” Then he walked away toward Youngjae and his friends’ table.

“Good afternoon. How can I help you?” As usual he forced a smile.

Youngjae smirked. “I think you already know what I want.”

The younger frowned a bit. “And I think I already told you that it must be something from the menu, and if you can read you can notice that I’m not part of it.”

“Stop frowning, you know that it really turns me on.” With the smirk still on his lips, he looked at Daniel with those lustful eyes that the guy with the thick lips really hated. “Well, I will take the same.”

Daniel excused himself and returned to where his friends were.

“He…”

“Wants the same?” Chanhee interrupted his friend. “Don’t’ worry, Changhyun already started” Daniel smiled.

“Why he always wants a just baked cake when there are some already done?” They heard Changhyun complaining from the kitchen.

Chanhee looked bothered while talking. “That way he can stay in here for a long time and look at Daniel. I wish I could make him disappear.” He said feeling useless.

“Don’t put that face hyung. You have tried everything you can and I really appreciate that.” Said the younger while placing a hand on his shoulder.

Chanhee’s face was the same. “Yes, by trying everything I could is how I understood all the power he has. What if someday he uses that power and does something to you? I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if you were hurt.”

That’s one of the reasons Ahn Daniel loved Lee Chanhee so much and thanked God everyday for giving him such a wonderful friend. He knew Chanhee since they were so young and as the oldest, Chanhee always tried his best to protect him and Changhyun.

“…” Daniel was going to say something when they noticed someone in front of them.

“I came to pay.” Bang Minsu said when he got their attention.

Chanhee rapidly got close to the cash register and received Minsu’s money; the latter kept looking at Daniel the whole time while waiting for his change. For some reason, Daniel didn’t felt uncomfortable with the way Minsu was staring at him. Why? Maybe because he couldn’t read his eyes.

“Hyung, what are you looking at?” Daniel didn’t realized the moment Bang Minsu left until Changhyun talked to him.

“Nothing Changhyunnie, I just got lost in my thoughts as always.” He said while smiling. “Why are you here? It’s the cake already done?”

“No but it’s already in the oven. I just had to leave the kitchen because it’s really hot in there.” The younger tiredly said.

Daniel laughed. “Be thankful that it’s March and it’s still cold outside or you would be melting.”

“Daniel, some customers have arrived.” Chanhee said while attending someone at the cash register.

“Roger.”


Another workday went by. As always, Daniel had to bear with the intense gaze of Youngjae while going trough all the place assisting the customers. The guy didn’t left until closing time not before saying his usual “see you tomorrow at school” to Daniel.

“We are done for today.” Chanhee gladly said; the three of them were dressed with their school uniform heading toward their homes. On their way they talked and laughed about many things.

“I will go this way.” Daniel said while taking a different road than his friends. “Bye hyung, Changhyun. See you tomorrow at school.”

Both of his friends also said goodbye to him and when he already was really far from them he heard his hyung screaming a “be careful on your way home” to him.

 

He walked home thinking about the two good friends he had and how happy he was of finally being the three of them together at school again. It didn’t felt the same when he and Chanhee got into high school and Changhyun stayed at middle school; that what’s the really hard part of their age difference. Well, he had two more years to be the three of them together until his and Chanhee’s graduation so he would enjoy every seconds by their side.

 

Ahn Daniel wished to have a good school year by just being at his two friends side.

 


HERE'S THE FIRST CHAPTER; SORRY IF THERE ARE SOME MISTAKES. I HOPE YOU LIKED IT AND I WILL BE WAITING FOR YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS AND COMMENTS.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING.