-

Silent Treatment

Though he did not show any signs of being apologetic or at least signs of wanting to finally explain, you were rather pleasantly surprised when he let you in. It was a little awkward as he stared at you quietly, Indian-sat on his bed with a pillow on his lap as he waited for you to speak. You were a frustrated, too, of how you couldn’t read his blank face.

“I give up, Taehyung,” you began. “Please just tell me what’s wrong already.”

“What’s today’s date?” he asked offhandedly, being consistent to his random personality, you presumed.

“Can you not change the subject?” you almost groaned, not up for being passive about his tendency to be irrational.

He gazed into your eyes a little bit more after you spoke. Just when you thought he was finally going to say something substantial, he just went to play with the pillow on his lap and hummed a show tune that you guessed was the first thing that crossed his mind at that moment.

He was utterly ignoring you.

“Kim Taehyung!” you finally shouted at him in frustration.

“What?” the first time he actually showed emotion in his face today, you thought you’d appreciate it, but you simply couldn’t cause it was of irritation. Of the two of you, he had the audacity to run out of patience.

“I should be asking that! What is the matter with you?!”

The trace of irritation vanished in his face and he threw the pillow he was playing with aside, without looking elsewhere but at you.

“I thought you came here ‘cause you already figured that out.”

“Well, I haven’t. And I never will unless you tell me, but right now you’re being impossi-”

“Do you love me?” he asked so suddenly and your forehead creased in confusion.

“Why are you even-”

“Do you love me or not – answer the damn question.”

“Of course I do!”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course I am! What-”

“Then, ok. I forgive you.” He simply concluded, getting off his bed and heading towards the door. “Today’s the seventeenth, by the way.” When you heard the statement that in the first few seconds you deemed irrelevant, you realized what was wrong. You shut your eyes, feeling utterly hurt for Taehyung.

Your anniversary was on the fourteenth and you completely forgot.


Disclaimer: I do not have any direct affiliations to the idols used as characters in the story.
Copyright © 2014 by amusingmurdermachine
All rights reserved. No part of this bull may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without permission from the author except if you want to quote craps from here to lecture your kids what not to do. Even so, learn to give due credit.