Drabble Two

{DRABBLES} Domestic Baekyeol For The Soul

So Lucky To Be Your Love (I Am)

Baekhyun knows it doesn’t happen every day. It might even take someone their whole life, and he knows he is lucky – has always been. Every staggered – unsure and hesitant – step has led to this. 

It’s so simple. How can it be this simple?

.trans.gif

Baekhyun is tired, fingers working to loosen the knot around his neck. He tries to toe off his shoes and debates just collapsing onto the ground. The stubborn shoes won’t come off, he frowns. Shoe laces, he has to untie the shoelaces. Maybe he can just nap until he has to get up again for work. He is hungry but he whimpers at the thought of having to heat up something. He sits down to untie his shoes and can’t find the strength to stand up again. So Baekhyun just leans back against the wall and sighs, pouting. Work has been hectic and he has been running around nonstop – unsatisfied client that, uncompromising subordinates that – it has been a nightmare.

A foot nudges his thigh and Baekhyun looks up and up and upward, a hand coming up to wipe his fringe away because it has been too long since he’s had time for a haircut.

“Hello,” He works up the effort to say.

Chanyeol looks amused, “Are you going to get up?”

“No thanks, leave me here to die.”

“As you wish.”

But Chanyeol keeps nudging at his feet until Baekhyun swats him away.

.

It’s later that Baekhyun musters enough energy to fume. Chanyeol is the biggest prick. Can the giant not see that he was tired? Some warm welcoming words would have been nice. When he enters the kitchen, he feels the need to fight draining out of him. It’s not even worth it. He just wants a bed.

“Milk, milk, milk,” Baekhyun mumbles.

“Why are you drinking milk?”

Baekhyun huffs, “I’m hoping it’d coat my stomach so I can just go to sleep without eating.”

“Baek,” Chanyeol says slowly, arms reaching out to steady Baekhyun from swaying on his feet. “Sit down.”

“Okay but milk.”

“You aren’t going to grow anymore, what’s the point?”

Baekhyun scowls.

“Here,” Chanyeol shoves something into Baekhyun’s space. “Open up.”

Baekhyun opens his mouth, squinting when a warm sensation settles in his stomach.

“You don’t have to chew,” Chanyeol sighs, “Just swallow.”

He nods, opening his mouth whenever Chanyeol feeds him another spoonful of soup.

.

Baekhyun is content when he is in bed, dressed in his warmest pajamas. Chanyeol had drawn him a bath and got in as well with an exasperated sigh when Baekhyun kept falling asleep at the tub. He doesn’t remember much of how he got to bed, but he is here now and it’s the greatest feeling.

Well, now it is the greatest feeling – Baekhyun corrects as he snuggles closer to Chanyeol’s body heat. There is no hesitation as Chanyeol begins carding his fingers through Baekhyun’s hair, hissing a little when cold feet meets his shin.

“Sorry,” Baekhyun mumbles.

“Liar. You’re not even a little sorry.”

Baekhyun hums. Nope, not even a little sorry.

He lets the day wash over him as he unwinds. He feels so much better now compared to how he was when he walked through the door. His mind replays Chanyeol trying to take off his socks, Chanyeol feeding him soup, Chanyeol’s voice saying, “Baek, I can’t brush your teeth if you keep trying to bite me.”

“Thank you,” Baekhyun tries to say. He wants to show Chanyeol just how much he appreciates today. But he can’t do more than press a few sloppy kisses to Chanyeol’s face – or at least somewhere in the vicinity of his boyfriend’s face. “I’m sorry for this evening.”

“You don’t have to thank me,” Chanyeol scoffs. “You never have to thank me.”

.

How can it be this simple? How can Baekhyun falls in love with the most amazing person, and how does this person loves him back? Chanyeol doesn’t love him because of this and that – Chanyeol loves him because he is Baekhyun; because Baekhyun comes home a little too grumpy from a long day, because Baekhyun always seem to get lost the moment he steps foot outside, because Baekhyun can be too loud for no reason and too quiet when it counts. Chanyeol loves him for all of his flaws, not despite of them.

And Baekhyun feels so lucky.

He doesn’t have to say it. He knows he doesn’t because Chanyeol gets it – Chanyeol gets him.

But Baekhyun wants to say it, wants to make it count. So he presses himself impossibly closer to Chanyeol, lips ghosting his boyfriend’s ear, “I love you.”

“Goodnight, Love. Go to bed,” Chanyeol replies, pressing soft kisses into Baekhyun’s hair.

And it’s so simple. No string violin, no piano performances, no bouquet of roses.

Baekhyun is – to simply put – lucky.