Drabble One

{DRABBLES} Domestic Baekyeol For The Soul

Chanyeol likes 4 a.m’s the most. It’s an old habit left over from their more glamorous days, back when he was EXO’s Chanyeol instead of just Park Chanyeol. He doesn’t have practices or schedules these days but 4 a.m is still ingrained into his body; eyes blinking awake, adjusting to the dimly lit room.

He turns to the body beside him and smiles. Baekhyun is curved into Chanyeol’s side, sleeping soundly, eye lids fluttering. Chanyeol stretches out his arm, yawning because his body still needs sleep but his brain won’t shut down.

Chanyeol runs a hand through his face and thinks back to their idol days. He doesn’t reminisce very often but these thoughts drift back from time to time - sometimes in the most unexpected moments.

He doesn’t miss the grueling training, the long hours at the airports, fighting through a sea of people and cameras. Chanyeol has had enough of that for a lifetime.

Lifetime, Chanyeol cards his fingers through Baekhyun’s hair, catching the glimpse of silver on his left finger. Lifetime, partner, companionship. It’s funny how many feelings those simple words stir up.

Baekhyun shifts beside him, Chanyeol waits as his husband adapts to his surrounding. Baekhyun is always a bit lost after he wakes up, his brain too groggy to process what is happening.

"Hm?" Baekhyun snuggles closer, "Is it time?"

Chanyeol presses a kiss against the smaller’s man temple, “No. It’s still early, go back to sleep.”

"Why are you up?"

"I’m just thinking."

Baekhyun lets the words sink in. Then he sits up, pulling his legs up so he can lean his chin on his knees. “About?”

Chanyeol reaches out his hand because he knows Baekhyun will always hold onto it, linking their fingers together. “Just…the old days.”

"EXO’s Happy Virus, Park Chanyeol," Baekhyun chuckles as he mimics Chanyeol’s deep baritone voice.

"Yes and," Chanyeol flutters his eyelashes, "EXO’s Eyeliner Diva Byun Baekhyun."

"Diva?"

"Yes."

Baekhyun glares but there is no heat behind it. “Well, you married me.”

"I love them feisty," Chanyeol says, face completely serious. "And small. With pretty fingers. Wide hips. Droopy eyes, thin lips." To make his point, Chanyeol sits up so he can kiss Baekhyun’s fingers, those droopy eyes, ending at those thin lips.

"You missed my hips," Baekhyun comments with a giggle.

"I’m saving it for later."

They lapse back into silence after that, Baekhyun is just studying his taller husband, love of his life, with keen eyes. Eyes that see too much.

"What’s wrong?"

Chanyeol pauses to sort out of the words. “I just miss EXO, with the reunion coming up. I can’t believe it’s been ten years. I feel old…and out of date - used up and worn out.” The words flow out of him easily, because he doesn’t have to hold back. He never has to hide anything from Baekhyun. Even when Baekhyun doesn’t agrees, he understands and accepts. And that’s enough, Chanyeol appreciates that Baekhyun has his own opinions and doesn’t always mirror what Chanyeol says.

"I miss EXO, too." Baekhyun says after awhile, "But I wouldn’t go back. That part of our life is over, I’m looking forward to this life, right now."

"To going to work from eight to five?" Chanyeol can’t help the dry comment. It’s not that he wants to go back to life as an idol and he is happy - but sometimes, just sometimes, he misses the cheering fans and the flashes of cameras.

"Actually, yes," Baekhyun lies back down, head on Chanyeol’s chest. "And to waking up, just like this - with you."

Chanyeol loves 4 a.m’s the most, when he hears Baekhyun’s breathing even out as the smaller male drifts back to sleep. It’s nothing glamorous and he has a full work day ahead, but he will see the other members soon enough at their reunion. Right now, though, he loves being in his bed, in their small apartment in Seoul, with Baekhyun wrapped around him.

Chanyeol loves 4 a.m’s, when he can’t sleep and Baekhyun is openly honest with him. When Baekhyun’s face is untained from the hassle of the day, when Baekhyun is soft and warm against him.

Chanyeol loves 4 a.m’s - 5 - any time - because of Baekhyun.