The Beginning of the End

Becoming the Stars
 

The Beginning of the End

1
 
 
Just like that, the sun had set. It was the end of another day. I leaned a little more on the railing of the bridge that was across the vast sea. Before my mother had moved to America to pursue her dream of being a fashion designer, she used to take walks with me. The bridge we strolled across was named Dandy Bridge and the river we would throw coins into was Lucky Sea.We named it that because it was fun to say it in English and because we liked the way it felt on our tongue as we both pronounced the words. Quite cheesy I know, but it gave me sort of a warm and fuzzy feel deep within my chest. It was more of a good luck river than anything but only my mother and I knew that. 
As I leaned against this rail and watched the fish and felt the last bit of the sun's heat warm my back before the cool night breeze took over, I wondered if there would be someone on this planet who did the same as me right now. If they threw coins into the river and made wishes then tell themselves that their wishes won't come true. It's a silly game. I always told myself that, because whatever I wished for with all my heart and soul it would not come true. My parents would get back together. My mother would be here tomorrow or the next day and I would not be living with my dad and sister alone. We would be a family again when I open my eyes. Whatever I did and whatever I wished for, it was just a mere game by now. I was mad the world, the fish, the sun and the moon because they could not do anything to make me the slightest happy. 
" I bet high schoolers don't do this" I spoke to myself as I shoved my last won deep into my sweater pocket. I walked away, the sun had set and the cool breezed had aided my walk home by pushing me towards my house. Where the lights were on and silhouettes danced by the window. 
 
" Hold my hand and don't let go Jungkook!" I told my best friend as we walked along the seawall by the sea. He squeezed my hand and laughed. I stood above him on top of the ledge we walked by. I was terrified of falling, he was too but we were rebels and we had always been. And when we were feeling a bit more like rebels we would both stand on the ledge and run on it, no holding hands because we weren't supposed to. As Jungkook had told me, the first one to pass the other on the seawall gets a month supply of ramen paid by the loser. But he would always win and laugh in my face.
" Dummy! I can't pass you because the ledge is as wide my pinky!" I grumbled under my breath. So we made a deal on standing beside each other as we were now. 
" Hey! You think I'll let you fall?" He joked but I was serious. It was possible and we both knew it. Because it had happened before and it'll happen again if we weren't careful.
He sighed and shrugged, popping his bubblegum. " Sorry...um...want to come over today?" The sun had started to set and the sea was dazzling. I shrugged and popped my bubblegum too.
" What's your mom cooking?" I grinned. He grinned too and let go of my hand. 
" I don't know but who ever finds out first will get the first meal!" And he took off in the direction of his house.
 
When Jungkook and I had arrived at his house it was already dark and a cool breeze had started to pick up. We ran inside and closed the door.
" Mom! Sun-Hi is staying over!" He shouted and dropped his backpack to the floor before waving me over to the kitchen. He had won the race of course because he was much faster then me. His mom greeted me with dimpled cheeks and wrinkles besides her eyes. 
" Ah Sun-Hi, is your father okay with that?" I nodded and rubbed my neck, even though it was a complete lie. 
" Sun-Hi..." 
" Okay okay, I didn't exactly tell dad..." she raised her brow in question " B-but! I'm sure he's fine. Ho-Sook is even there with him." Jungkook chuckled and shook his head. My cheeks fevered and I sighed.
" I guess I should go then. Thanks for beating me Jungkook! But next time I'll beat you! See ya!" I grabbed my backpack and walked out the front door. I understood their worry, for my father wasn't in his greatest health to be worrying over a 15 year old girl. 
The moonlight had gleamed through the clouds and lit up the rocky road to my house. My house wasn't very far but it was a good bit away from Jungkook's house. I looked through the clouds of the midnight blue sky and imagined myself up there. Wouldn't it be cool to fly?
" So cool.." I told myself as I kicked pebbles along the engraved rocky path. 
" Who are you talking to Sun-Hi?" My heart nearly leaped out my chest. I turned around quickly and took a step back, just for safety measures. 
" Jungkook?" 
" The one and only!" He grinned and I rolled my eyes.
" It's what? 8:00 at night you should be home!" 
Jungkook scoffed and raised and eyebrow.
" I'm not little anymore and you're more capable of being kidnapped so you need a strong guy to protect you!" He flexed his premature muscles. 
" Wow. My knight and shining armor really needs to work on his figure." I blatantly stated, making him frown.
" Anyway, Mom told me to help you get home safe so I followed you. Your fault you didn't notice yet." 
" S-Shut up, I was daydreaming. " I turned around and continued walking, arms crossed over my chest. It was autumn and the nights would get chillier and chillier as days went by. 
" Cold?" No, I knew this trick. The boy would give the girl his jacket and then love would bloom. I etched closer to the sidewalk and looked at my reflection in the water of the ditch. 
" No, I'm fine. " He hummed and ran up next to me, putting his hands in his pocket and sighing.
" Well... I am. What were you daydreaming about?" He asked. I stopped walking and dug my foot into the rocky road, creating a small crater. I blew some air out of my mouth.
" Don't laugh okay?" He nodded.
" No promises!" 
" Jungkook!" He raised his hands in reassurance and chuckled.
" Just joking, promise. Tell me." 
" Okay well...I was thinking about flying." Jungkook tilted his head and raised an eyebrow"What kind of flying?" 
" What do you mean what kind of flying? I mean like how a bird flies!" 
" Sooo you want wings?" I slapped my face and sighed.
" Forget I told you Jungkook." My fists curled and I turned red in the face from embarrassment. I stomped ahead with him behind me laughing. 
" Wait Sun-Hi I'm sorry. I'm dumb, I'm sorry!" He caught my arm and turned me around. " Just explain. So I can understand you more." He smiled genuinely. And at that moment I wished that I could stop my heart from beating because it was seriously unhealthy to be beating this fast. Dear Lord,Help me! I thought as I touched my chest where my heart laid. My best friend cocked an eyebrow. I shook my head and noted to myself to think about that later. 
" I just...I just want to know how it feels to fly." I looked at the sky and watched the clouds roll by and the stars twinkle against the midnight blue sky.
 
" How it feels to have the wind go through your feathers effortlessly and maybe be able to touch the stars with your fingertips. " He looked up with me and held my hand, a sign or friendship or more. Maybe, just maybe something more. 
" Well I mean the air gives some birds a hard time and if you touch a sta-" I slapped his head with my hand and he chuckled.
 
" Just kidding..." He paused and closed his eyes as a sign of blissfulness. " But, Sun-Hi, I can see you doing anything you put your mind to. Even it its only this time, trust me..." I closed my eyes along with him, and I began to feel the wind pick up my hair and gently blow it in the wind, I felt goosebumps begin to rise on my skin and something warm happen within my heart or my stomach. Whichever, it felt amazing.
 
"... Trust me Sun-Hi, I'll make it happen." 
 
 

How was it?

Leave a comment below on your thoughts and feel free to send me a couple of moola *bricked*