Chapter 7: Old Friends

My Lovely Sister

*Kang Jong Hee's POV*    

  "Oh, Se Na-ah," I call.   

   "Yes?"     

"A guy named Shi Woo called. He asked you to call him back." I inform her. I just remembered when I see a big poster with a guy on it. The name 'Shi Woo' is imprinted on it too. Oh. So he must be a big star.  Come to think of it, he looks like a guy from a boy group that broke up.

    "Oh, can you excuse me?" I nod and she walks over to the corner, close to where the poster is at. I see her talk for a whole, then she frowns and hangs up. She walks over to me, then her phone rings again. I stifle a laugh.     

"Alright. We'll meet you at the food court then." Se Na hangs up and looks at me.   

   "We're meeting Joo Hong at the food court." she says. I smile.     

"I'm not deaf. I heard."   

   We begin to make out way to the food court. I grin when I see a little girl wearing a happy birthday crown. I wish Yoon So Eun, Yoon Se Na, and I could have celebrated our birthdays together. I frown when I realize something.    

  "Se Na..." I start.   

   "Hm?"  

    "When's your birthday?" I noticed I never asked. She pauses, and then turns to the left path.

    "October 24." I nod. I need to remember that.   

   "Wait!" I gasp. "Your birthday passed?"     

"Yeah, it did."   

   "Let's go buy a present for you!"    

  "I don't need one."     

Before I could persuade her, a brilliant idea pops up in my mind.

     "Yours is April 18?" My jaw drops. How does she know? I never told her. For the past few months, we never bothered to ask each other this. We didn't really hang out either; let alone talk to each other. As if reading my mind, she answers my question.     

"I've seen one of your paintings before. I really liked it, so I took a picture of it since I couldn't afford it. I was cleaning out my room for you yesterday and found the picture. Your name was engraved on the bottom of the painting. I searched the name up and sure enough, you're the very same artist and my older sister."    

  I didn't know I'm that well-known.     

"What was the name of the painting?"    

  "Cryptic Mist." she answers. The memories all came back to me. I feel my hand shaking. I cross my arms to keep it from shaking even more.   

   "That's my least favorite painting that I created." I admit. She looks at me as if I'm crazy.     

"Wh-"   

   I decide to ask another question.   

   "What do you do for a living then?" She was frowning when I interrupted her, but after I finish my question, she's smiling.     

"I'm a songwriter." This kind of shocks me.     

"Songwriter?"   

   "Yeah. I wrote a hit song called 'Only You' before. Kim Tae Woo sang it." My jaw drops. I love that song! I grab her and spin her around.      "Unnie is so proud of you!" I pull her into a bear hug.     

"Unnie! You're hugging me too hard!"     

"Jong Hee-ah?"

My grip loosens when I hear that voice.

     I swallow a lump in my throat and pull away from Se Na, who's giving a weird look to whoever is behind me. I turn around and sure enough, I see him.

     His face is cleanly shaved, and his hair is now up in a professional cut. His hair color is no longer dark brown, but black instead. Hes wearing a business suit. His appearance didn't really change. He just looks a bit more handsome.

     "Moo Yeol-ah." I reply. He looks shocked and bewildered. A little girl that appears to be probably 3 years old is clinging on to his leg.     

"Appa! I'm hungry!" the little girl whines. I feel my eyes burn.

     "Unnie, do you know him?" questions Se Na.  

    "Honey, I told you to wait!" a woman yells. My eyes widen when I see how much her appearance changed.    

  Her short hair is now long and flowing at her chest. She appears slimmer, and her curves are showing. It's impressive for a woman who had a child. Maybe its because she's still young. It's Eun Jae. She runs over and carries the little girl.    

  "Sarang-ah, I told you to stay with me." I hear Eun Jae say. She notices that Moo Yeol is still gaping at me.

"Yah! Who are you looking at?"    

  Her head turns and she sees me. I'm staring back at her. Her eyes widen, and I know she's also shocked. Se Na clears . Then, to my surprise, she walks up to the trio.

     "Um, hello!" Se Na greets. When I'm finally able to control my feet, I walk fast to catch up with her. I stand by her side and hook my arm around hers.

     "Hiiii," the little girl replies in a giddy tone. Se Na smiles.  

    "Oh, wow, it's been... So long." Eun Jae speaks up first. I suddenly find my composure and grin, despite the pure stab in my heart.

     "Wah! Is that your daughter with Moo Yeol?" I ask. Eun Jae looks uneasy, but she smiles and nods.

     "What's your name?" Se Na asks.

    "Park Sarang!" she states. The little girl shows a goofy smile.

     "What's your name?" Sarang asks politely.

     "Yoon Se Na." my sister replies. The child points to me.

     "Sarang! Don't point at people! It's rude." Eun Jae scolds.

     "Who's that pretty unnie?" says Sarang. Se Na grins.

     "That's Kang Jong Hee, my older sister."

     "Wait, what?" speaks Moo Yeol. His voice is still the same.

     "You never told me you have a younger sister." he continues. I smile and hug Se Na's arm.

     "Well you two made a daughter, and I found out I have a sister." I say.

     Right then, Se Na's phone starts ringing.

     "Excuse me." I hold on to her arm and look into her eyes. I really don't want her to leave me.

     "I'll answer it later." she says. "Would you like to eat with us? We're heading to the food court right now."

     "I wanna go!" Sarang shouts excitedly.

     "Uh," Eun Jae hesitates.

     "Sure." Moo Yeol speaks up. I'm surprised he's the one that answers.

     We begin making our way to the food court with Sarang, Eun Jae, and Moo Yeol following closely begind. Honestly, I was hungry five minutes ago. Now after I've seen the people I promised myself I wouldn't see again, I've lost my appetite. Se Na leans closer to me.   

   "Unnie, your hand is cold." Se Na tells me. Confusion flashes on my face.

     I look down at our hands. My fingers were intertwined with hers. I didn't even know my hand had drifted down her arm to her hand. I'm not complaining though. Her fingers fit perfectly with mine. I smile.  

    "My hand is naturally cold." I tell her.   

   "Oh." she replies. Not too long after, I see Joo Hong waving at us.

     "Se Na! Jong Hee unnie!" I grin. Se Na's friend is really funny; some people nearby are giving her glances since she's so loud. She's one happy, cheery pregnant woman.

     When we sit down at the table, she gives Se Na and me a confused glance.

     "These people are my friends, and that little one is their daughter." I explain. They introduce themselves.

     "Is the baby a girl or boy?" curious, cute Sarang asks. Joo Hong laughs.

     "My baby is a boy." I feel a set of eyes on me. I turn my attention to see Moo Yeol staring at me. I give him the best smile I can muster up. He also smiles back.

     "So what do you guys want to eat?" Se Na asks.

     "I want pizza!" shouts Sarang. She's the cutest little girl ever with her chubby cheeks and cheerful grin.

     "Sarang-ah, don't be rude." says Eun Jae.

     "Oh, it's fine." Se Na responds. "What about you four?"

     "Actually, I just ate with my friend." Joo Hong admits.

     Se Na gives her a glare that says 'you just couldn't wait, can you?'.

     Joo Hong returns it with a 'I am a pregnant woman' look.

     "Sushi sounds good to me." Eun Jae speaks up.

     "Same." says Moo Yeol. I look over and he's still staring at me. Se Na squeezes my hand a little. I didn't notice we're still holding hands. I let go of my grip and she let's go of our hands.

     "Hm?" I answer.     

"What would you like to eat, unnie?"

     "Hmm... Just get me anything. Oh, but I don't like cucumbers."

    "Or anything from or related to the melon family." Moo Yeol adds. The atmosphere becomes awkward. We all (except for Sarang) is giving him a weird look. He nervously laughs.

     "I remember a good friend's preferences and dislikes." he tries. Eun Jae is giving him a nasty look. I get up. I don't want to be any kind of reason for them to argue.

     "I'll go with you."     

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

     A/N: You know what; I am so sorry for taking a long time to update. The whole Jessica and GG thing just sort of hit me all over again. As my part of my apology, I also wrote another chapter so two chapters in one day. Yay! (Sorry if my story disappoints you. Like I said, I didn't really plan it out.)