Daily News

Reporting Live

"Reporting live, from the top of the Eiffel Tower! Kim Jaejoong. I'm here because of the recent kidnappings of foreigners from across the country. Strangely, they have all been last seen from the top of this very tower. Based on recent studies..."

 

"Amazing, isn't he?" Yunho sighed with admiration while watching the television.

 

"He's quite the charmer." Yoochun took a swig of his beer, wrapping his arm around Junsu's shoulder, who was sitting right next to him. "You think you could do that too, babe?"

 

Junsu snorted. "Doubt it. He's much more of a people person than I am. Besides, I enjoy my job at the bakery." He pecked Yoochun on the cheek with a cute grin.

 

Yunho watched them, grinning. He was happy for Jaejoong. His career was finally taking off and he was living his dream. But that meant Yunho was stuck at home without him.

 

Despite his pride in his boyfriend, Yunho wished he would stay home more often. He grew up without anyone--living in an orphanage really made him an outsider. So as soon as he turned 18, he got a job and supported himself as well as he was able. That was when he met Jaejoong.

 

"Welcome to Yi Jung's Candy Shop! How may I help you today?" Yunho smiled at the group of people entering the store. He didn't know why there were cameras behind him, but he kept his smile as the guy with the microphone approached.

 

"My name is Kim Jaejoong from Channel 12 news. I'm here reporting on the growing popularity of this shop, and from frequent guests' opinions, it seems it's you who has made this little shop on the corner a local hot spot. Tell me, what got you started here?"

 

Yunho explained everything to Jaejoong, but not in full detail. When he finished, Jaejoong thanked him, turned back to the camera to wish the viewers good night, and the cameras clicked off. "So, you grew up in an orphanage home?" Jaejoong asked.

 

"Yeah." Yunho rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "I, uh, I should probably--"

 

"Call me when you get off. I need someone to hang out with tonight." He slid a business card across the countertop to Yunho with his personal number on it. "I hope to see you later." With that, Jaejoong turned and exited the building, his camera crew following.

 

A few months later, a relationship blossomed between the two and they were inseperable. Yunho soon met Jaejoong's friends Yoochun and Junsu, and he never felt lonely again. Now that Jaejoong finally got the job of his dreams, Yunho needed to remind himself that Jaejoong wasn't leaving him when he left the country; he was just doing his job.

 

And that scared him the most.

 

 

 

Three weeks went by before Jaejoong walked through the front door again. When he did... he wasn't the same.

 

Yunho heard the door close gently as he made himself a sandwich for lunch. Bags dropped on the floor as he got up to greet Jaejoong with a warm hug. The beautiful man didn't return the hug. "What's wrong, Boo?" Yunho asked in Jaejoong's ear.

 

Jaejoong shook his head, sighing. "Nothing. Just tired." He left Yunho's arms and walked up the stairs to the bedrooms. Yunho followed him. This wasn't normal of his lover.

 

"Jae, tell me what's wrong."

 

Jaejoong quickly slammed the door shut in Yunho's face, crying immediately as he got in the room. He couldn't tell Yunho about France. He couldn't! There was nothing more shameful than what had happened to him. He would not admit anything to Yunho. He would go out of the room with his head high, a smile on his face, and--

 

No. He couldn't. How could he even bare the thought of telling Yunho that he'd been kidnapped and tortured for two weeks without anyone realizing it?

 

~~~

A/N: Not what I originally intended for this story, but... I guess it's a nice way to spice things up. Let's see what my brain pops out next, yes?