Sunday. 2:53 AM.

WINNER Baby

   The concert finished up with an energetic last stage that left the fans with a lingering feeling as they exited the stadium. Many of the fans kept chanting the members name, while some couldn’t help but shed some tears knowing that they may never experience such a precious night where they saw the members in real life again.

  

  In the waiting room, the five members were exhausted. Tae Hyun has his eyes closed while sitting on a chair, and Min Ho passes out on the couch. Even the energetic Jin Woo lumbers around looking for a spot to sleep on. The door opens, and WINNER’s manager walks in, seal-clapping enthusiastically. 

 

    “You have made me proud boys!” He exclaims, “that was probably the best performances I have seen you guys do!”

 

    He was answered back with a hand raise by Seung Yoon as a silent thank you. The other members were already in a state of unconsciousness. 

 

    Unfazed, he continues his speech, “you have really outdone yourself this time. You continue to make every stage even better than the one before…” 

 

    Seung Hoon wakes up from the noise, “oh, hello there Manager.” He greeted, and then asked, “what’s next on our schedule?”

 

    Manager suddenly remembers, “oh right, President Jang was so impressed with how the concert turned out that he gave us permission to use the company card to eat whatever you boys want!”

 

    The words “company card” and “eat” jolted the other members awake. 

 

    “Really!?” Jin Woo exclaimed as he jumped up from the corner he was sleeping at a second ago. 

 

    “Asaa!” Min Ho cheered, shooting his hands in the air.

 

    “I want pork belly!” yelled Tae Hyun. Jin Woo’s eyes widened in agreement.

 

    “Oh! Me too, me too!” Seung Hoon joined in.

 

    “Asaaaa!” repeated Min Ho with a higher pitch.

 

    “Okay! Let’s go!” Manager nodded.

 

They headed to the van excitedly with Manager in the lead. Tae Hyun then stopped the group, “just sec! I need to go to the washroom first, sorry.”

 

    “Ah, now that you mention it, I’m starting to feel the urge too.” Min Ho joined. 

 

    “Alright,” Manager said, “I’ll just go pull the van up front then.”

 

    “We’ll just wait for Min Ho and Tae Hyun, then go meet you at the front,” Seung Yoon proposed.

 

    “Okay, sounds good,” Manager said as he starts to walk away, then added, “don’t make me wait too long!”

 

    The members walk the other way to find the washroom. Tae Hyun, in front, starts to turn the corner first, only to end up colliding with a girl holding a stack of WINNER posters that were unmistakably fan-made which scattered on the ground from the impact of the collision. 

 

    “Ah, sorry about that,” Tae Hyun apologized after regaining his footing.

 

    The girl, who unfortunately is not as lucky to balance herself, landed on the hard, tiled floor. 

 

    The other members hurried towards the scene, and noticed the posters first, and then the girl. Seung Hoon grabbed Min Ho aside and whispered, “she must be one of those girls that got through security! You don’t think she’ll start chasing us, right?”

 

    Min Ho looked around to see if there were other fans, “she’s by herself. I don’t think she’s from the group that chased you earlier.”

 

    “Still…what if they’re waiting around to ambush us!” Seung Hoon whispered while shifting his eyes towards every possible spot a human can hide behind.

 

    “Get a hold of yourself man,” Min Ho sighed as he shrugged Seung Hoon off his shoulder.

 

    Jin Woo stepped over the posters and towards the girl. 

 

    “Are you okay, Miss?” He asked as he extended his hand to help her.

 

    The girl grabbed his hand and pulled herself up. 

 

    “Thank you,” she replies in a hushed voice, and then turns towards Tae Hyun and bows her head as she apologizes, “I’m sorry. I was in a hurry.”    

 

She pats down her hair which is parted into two old-school braids, and pushes up her glasses as she comes up from the bow.