TWO

Happy Kevin's Day

 

 

YOUR POV:

 

“Balloons?”

“Check.”

“Cake?”

“Safe with the chef.”

“Red bull?”

“Double check.”

I laughed. Eli and I were going through the basic party items. It was 3 a.m. and everything seemed to be in order. The place we were renting was a restaurant owned by soohyun’s friend, lent to us for the whole day.

With the help of the U-KISS members and some of their staff (who had volunteered to put the birthday plan together) the arrangements were complete.

“Thank you everyone or sacrificing your valuable sleep for the birthday-dork.” I bowed and everyone laughed. One by one our helpers began to leave and it was time for me to return home.

“Since Kiseop pulled you out, I’ll drop you home.” Soohyun offered. “Plus it’s my duty to make sure Kevin’s girlfriend is safe.”

I rolled my eyes. “Fine, Mr. Leader, kindly drop me home.”

 

After returning home, I literally dropped onto the bed and slept like a baby. Until, I was interrupted by my 7 a.m. alarm.

The rest of the day went by uneventfully. We were supposed to meet again, at 6 p.m. minus Kevin. After meeting at the party venue, I was supposed to go and fetch my unsuspecting boyfriend, who thought I was taking him out for a movie.

“Dress well.” I told him.

“Ok~~” he sang.

According to the plan, I was on my way to his house after meeting with the guys. Dongho, Kibum, Alexander had already arrived and informed that Amber and the others were on their way.

I rang the bell and was soon greeted by Deanna.

“____! You are right on time. Kev was so busy putting on make-up that he lost track of time.” She giggled.

“Isn’t that supposed to be the other way round?” I asked raising my eyebrow.

Deanna laughed. “With him you can expect these things.”

“Expect what?”

Both Deanna and I looked at the direction of the voice. My eyes widened.

The brown haired boy was wearing a blue sweater and jeans. It was a simple outfit, but he looked amazing.

“You look amazing.” I said, and felt a blush creep onto my face. I looked down and after a few moments of silence I looked up, to find him staring at me.

“Sorry for staring. You look gorgeous.” Kevin said, scratching the back of his head.

I was wearing the blue dress which Kevin had bought me during my birthday. He absolutely loved seeing me in that dress.

“You are allowed to stare. Now go and enjoy. But don’t be a creep.” Deanna said cheerfully and pushed Kevin out. “Have fun kids!” she winked.

“Stop behaving like mom!” Kevin replied.

“I’m your guardian for the time being.”

“I’m an adult!”

Before the argument could continue, I caught hold of Kevin and started walking towards my car. “See you later Dee!”

“Bye!” she waved back.

 

 

“Happy birthday, Vinnie!”  I finally wished him in the car. “I know I’m too late, but you were unavailable.”

“I know, I’m so sorry. I wanted to call you but then discovered that my phone was missing. And Deanna was acting weird today. She didn’t allow me to get out of the house or use her phone.”

I felt sorry for Kevin. Poor guy had been confined in his house. But he needed to rest. All of them did. I wonder how the rest of U-KISS is doing after being awake all night. If I asked them, they’d say, “this is nothing for us.”

“It’s ok, patootie. Let’s enjoy now. You can have your gift later.” I grinned.

Kevin stared at me wide-eyed. “What do you-?”

“Not what you are thinking, ert.” I said. “I meant I’ll give your gift to you later.”

“We are not going to a movie, are we?” Kevin asked as I parked the car in front of the restaurant.

“You took so long to realize that? Let’s have dinner. Come on!” I replied and held out my hand. He smiled and took it. Both of us entered the restaurant to be greeted by darkness.

“Omo! What is going on?” Kevin asked.

And soon the lights went on, as everyone shouted, “Happy Kevin’s day!!”

Kevin was shocked. His mouth was hanging open and he stood still.

“Now don’t start to cry.” Amber said wearing a pink party hat.

“You guys are the best! Thank you so much!” he started jumping like a kid and soon he was hugged by his friends. Hoon kept blowing a horn until it was taken away from him by Soohyun.

“There are teddy-bears everywhere! I missed hugging one.” Kevin said, clapping his hands in glee. “I feel like a kid again.”

“You’re not that old you know.” I said, adjusting a blue party hat.

“No but if I go about carrying a teddy bear, at 20-something, I’m about to get a few stares.”

“Who cares? At least for tonight lets be our kiddy-selves again.” Eli said. We all agreed.

From playing musical chairs, to truth or dare, to singing at the karaoke, it was one of the best nights I ever had and I’m sure Kevin did too.

We returned to my apartment, feeling drunk, even though there was no alcohol in our systems. Kiseop suggested going to a bar, but Soohyun interjected, “10 year olds don’t drink.” We guffawed, while Kiseop pouted, but the leader had a point.

“Where’s my gift?” Kevin asked peeking here and there in hopes of finding a gift box.

“Patience, kiddo.” I said and brought out the packet from my wardrobe.

He opened it to find his favorite cologne and a blue sweater which he had wanted to buy for a few months.

“Where did you find this? I could search the entire country and I wouldn’t find it.” He said pointing at the cologne.

“You can rely on my investigation powers.” I winked.

“Sure, I can jagiya.” Kevin grinned. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Kevin was capable of uttering those 3 words at the most random moments, while to me it was a Himalayan task, because right after I did, I felt too embarrassed to face him. But not today.

“I love you too.” I said, trying not to become a tomato.

“Do you know how y you look right now?” he smirked and leaned towards me.

These random, unexpected actions drove me insane.

I sat rooted to the spot as Kevin leaned in and soon our lips touched. His arms s around my waist pulling me closer, and I wrapped mine around his neck, deepening the kiss. With time, the kisses became hotter and more urgent. We broke off panting. After catching my breath, I joked. “Not a 10 year old anymore?”

“Couldn’t control myself.” Kevin smirked. It felt as if my heart skipped a beat. The Kevin Woo special smirks, capable of driving any girl crazy. And I was no exception.

Suddenly Kevin pushed me down on the bed. He was completely on top of me.

“Kevin.” I said surprised. This was my first time, seeing the bold side of him. And I loved it.

“I’m glad I grew up. Otherwise I wouldn’t have met you. And done this…” he trailed off as our lips met once again.

It was definitely a very happy Kevin’s day for us.