ONE

Happy Kevin's Day

KEVIN B'DAY SPECIAL TWO-SHOT~~~ I HAD POSTED THIS ON THE 25TH ITSELF BUT IN MY UKISS SCENARIOS COLLECTION. HOPE YOU LIKE IT! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

YOUR POV:

 

“The number you’re trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please try...” the voice continued.

“Where on earth is this guy?!” I groaned.

 It was already 12:10 a.m. and I wanted to be the first one to wish Kevin. I had been trying to call him for the last 10 minutes, but the idiot must have thrown his phone into a pond or something. The manager had said that they would be in their hotel rooms at this time. We had last talked in the morning before I was about to set out for office. What was up with him?

I dialed his number again after a few minutes, and was greeted by the same voice. “…please try after sometime.”

Feeling frustrated, I called all the U-KISS members. But none of them responded. “Are they jointly boycotting me or something?” I half-shouted at the phone. Maybe they were in a restaurant or club or somewhere together. It was after all his birthday. But my tired brain refused to reason. And then came up with the idea of tweeting him.

I wanted to hear his voice but never mind. He’s always glued to twitter as if his life depended on it. “Pabo.” I half smiled and began to think of a birthday message.

 I almost tweeted ‘happy b’day patootie’ when the sudden realization dawned upon me. “He’s not even answering calls. How is he supposed to tweet?”

I plopped down on the bed, hopeless.

U-KISS was in Japan, recording their new album due next year. I wanted to go with them, but thanks to work, I was stuck. Even the idea of visiting Kevin to give him a surprise was out of question when I was trapped under truckloads of projects. So my only option was to wish him on phone or via Skype. The guys had already planned a surprise party after they returned, but that was not until next week.

“At least we’ll try and return by 12. I won’t let him get too drunk and touch other women. Promise.” Eli had winked, when I asked him what they were planning to do on the 25th in Japan.

“I wouldn’t even try. I would be able to feel ____’s glares even if I’m thousands of miles away.” Kevin said, rubbing the back of his neck. I smacked his arm. “Ow.”

“You better be a good boy.” I smirked, “or else you won’t get to see me in that blue dress, when you return.”

 “You can’t do that to me!” he started whining instantly.

“Yes I can!” I winked.

 

 

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard the door bell ringing. The person continued ringing the bell without pausing.

I ran and opened the door, to be greeted by a panicked Kiseop.

“____! We have to go! Hurry. It’s an emergency.” Kiseop shrieked.

I stood still for a moment trying to process what was happening. I carefully studied Kiseop’s face. He was sweating even though it was freezing outside, and looked desperate.

“What’s the matter?” I asked, hoping nothing serious had happened.

“No time to explain. We have to go right away.” Kiseop said, almost pleading.

I became tensed instantly. Is everyone safe? Is Kevin alright? What were they doing in back home? Why was Kiseop panicking? A million questions raced through my mind as I got into Kiseop’s car, but I knew judging from his expression, he would not be able to tell me anything. The poor guy looked as if he had run all the way from Japan to my apartment. Swam actually.

We drove in silence both of us lost in our thoughts, until I spoke.

 “Everyone is safe, right?” I was afraid of his answer but he nodded a ‘yes’. I sighed, feeling relieved.

10 minutes later we were making our way through a dark alley, with me following Kiseop. I had to admit whatever that was happening since Kiseop rang my doorbell seemed like scenes from a crime thriller. Until I followed Kiseop blindly into a building.

I squinted reflexively after entering a brightly lit hallway.

“What is going on?” I asked rubbing my eyes. Silence followed until Kiseop caught hold of my wrist and started running through the hallway.

“Yah!” I shouted, my mind in a whirlwind. He stopped suddenly, and I bumped into him and both of us stumbled into a room. A brightly decorated room.

Massaging my forehead I looked around me and a smile instantly crept onto my face. Streamers, balloons, flowers—it looked like an exact replica of my birthday party back when I was 10.

“___!” I turned at the sound of a familiar voice, to find Eli standing with a huge brown teddy bear.

“Don’t tell me...” I was about to begin when Eli cut me off. “Yes, this is your boyfriend’s birthday party. You have to help us with the arrangements. We don’t have much time left.”

I shook my head. “And here I was almost certain that something bad had happened after looking at Seop’s expression. He didn’t even tell me where we were going. He said it was urgent.”

Eli laughed. “That guy started panicking right after we decided to arrange a party on such short notice. Hell, a few hours ago, we were peacefully asleep in the hotel.”

“What happened?” I asked. “You owe me an explanation after making me deal with a panic-stricken Kiseop. And where on earth is Kevin Woo?”

Eli held up a phone which I recognized as Kevin’s.

“It’s with you guys?” I exclaimed. “And there I thought he had chucked into the sea or something.”

Eli was about to reply when Soohyun and Hoon walked in with a giant chocolate cake.

“That cake is twice the size of my boyfriend.” I joked. They laughed.

Soon all the members were together in the room trying to explain the entire plan to the very-confused-girlfriend. And what I learned was:

U-KISS came to know that their schedule in Japan had been postponed to next week, but new schedules had come up. So the poor guys, who were snoring happily in the hotel, were made to board a flight and return to Korea, where they had a schedule at 7a.m. the next day. That is on the 25th. But where was Kevin in all this?

“What happened to the birthday boy?” I asked, scratching my head. “Didn’t he return with you guys?”

“He did, but we dropped him home and made sure that he didn’t leave his house before one of us arrived to pick him up. Plus we have his phone. And we explained everything to Deanna. She’s taking good care of her baby brother.” Soohyun chuckled.

I smiled as finally all the pieces fell into place and the once seemingly crime-thriller (thanks to Lee Kiseop) turned out to be a cute story. But there was one last thing to ask.

“But why the midnight 10 year old themed birthday party, guys?”

“We are not having it now! We’ll make the arrangements now because we have the shooting till 4p.m. after which we won’t get any time to prepare.”Eli explained.  I face palmed myself for not figuring out already. Obviously they would be dead tired after the shooting and not in a state to think things through.

“And the 10 year old theme, because a few days ago, I heard Kevin-hyung saying that he wanted to be 10 again. He missed his teddy bears.” Jun explained.

“Aww, you guys are adorable!” I smiled. “That idiot should consider himself lucky for having such awesome friends like you.”

“Group + girlfriend hug everyone” Hoon declared and we all huddled together in a warm hug.

“Make sure ___ doesn’t start crying.” Kiseop said.

“Or wiping her nose on us.” Eli grinned, earning a punch on his arm from me.

“You people are hopeless.” I laughed. It was going to be an exciting day.

When will I get to see you, Fishy?