001

Stuck On You

You’re currently brushing your hair when you heard your mom’s voice.

“Hey ____-ah!”  Your mom called you from the stairs. “Baekkie’s already here.”

Byun Baekhyun. He is your childhood best friend; the reason why you’re still single for the whole 19 years of your existence. Yes, you like your best friend, but of course he doesn’t know that. You can’t afford him to know your sinful secret. You’re afraid that he will drift away from you; or worst, will be gone from your life forever. So, right now, you’re contented with your current set up, a loyal partner-in-crimes best friend. Well, as you said, at least you can get to see him whenever you want.

You stand up and put your books in your bag.

“Wait. I’m almost done~!” you screamed. Then suddenly *CLICK*.

“Yah! Can’t you get any faster?”

“Yeah, yeah. Can’t wait to see your girls?”

“Nah. THEY can’t wait to see ME.” He boasts, grinning.

“Tch.  So conceited.“ You rolled your eyes then head to the door while trying to contain your smile.

You reached the school on time and got immediately welcomed    oh well, scratched that, it’s only applicable to him, he was immediately welcomed or much more relevant to say, surrounded by girls.

“Good morning Baekhyun-oppa~!” will be heard here and there in different pitches and obviously-wanting-to-flirt-with-him voices. You glance at him and got more annoyed when you saw that smug look on his face.

“Good morning ____~” you nodded and bowed. If some of them are insecure to the point of irritation because you’re close with Baekhyun, some of them also greet you and try to get close to you. Why? Because they think that if they become his best friend’s friend, they can get to him easily. You pass through them then walk straight to the locker room without looking back.
“Later ____-ah~” you heard him screamed. You wave your hands as response.

“ ____-ah, Good morning!” You’re almost in your room when you heard that familiar gentle greeting. You turn around and meet his bright smile.

“Good morning Junmyeon-sshi.” You smiled back.

 Kim Junmyeon is the President of Archery club. He’s kind of popular in school too, not as popular as Baekhyun though (when it comes to girls). Maybe because he’s the soft type and doesn’t usually flirt around like him; or maybe because he already have a girl he likes and set his eyes only on her. ‘Lucky girl.’ In your opinion, he’s a nice guy. He never fails to greet you when and wherever you meet him. He often asks you to eat snacks or lunch with him sometimes, though you usually decline because you already have a company to keep.

“Do you already have someone to eat lunch with?” he asked,

“Uhm, yeah.” You looked apologetically.

“I guess so. Too bad though.” He laughs. “Oh, sorry for the delay. See you around~”

“Oh , I don’t mind. Yeah, see you..” You smiled back at him and enter your room.

You’re arranging your book when you heard your classmate’s, and also your friend, Min Hoo, voice, 
“So, did he already confess to you?”

“Huh? Confess, who?” You faced her.

“Junmyeon-oppa.” She giggled.

“Of course not! Why would he?” you rolled your eyes.

“He obviously likes you, duh?”

“Of course not! He doesn’t like me, duh?” you mimic her, chuckling. Yeah, you believe that he doesn’t like you. You think, it’s just out of his kindness that he usually ask you.

“Ugh, so numb. Oh~ or maybe not? Maybe you’re just too blind to see his feelings because there’s already someone else that shines too bright in your eyes.” She put her point finger under her chin, as if thinking deeply.

“What are you talki   " You didn’t manage to finish your sentence when your teacher suddenly arrived. You glared at her but she just winked at you while grinning.

---

You’re jotting down some notes when Min Yoo taps your shoulder. “Hey~ your boyfriend’s here.”

“Boyfrie    what?” you look at the direction she’s looking. You saw the ‘boyfriend’ she’s talking about, oh well, it should be, the boyfriend-of-your-dreams, Baekhyun, gesturing you to palli and eat lunch together. You signal him to wait.
“Geez, boyfriend my .” She just chuckles.

"Seriously though. You're really lucky you know, having the infamous Byun Baekhyun as your best friend, having him fetch you every lunch break, having the privilege to go to and from school together and of course growing up with him. Many girls are jealous." You're just smiling at her another dreamy speech.  She’s always like this, talking about how lucky you are and even asking if you really don’t have any feeling for him. “Are you sure you’re a straight girl?”

“Babo~ Of course!”

“Then why is it that you’re not attracted to him?” ‘If you only knew how much I like him. It’s just that I couldn’t voice it out or better to say, I shouldn’t like him in the first place.’

“Because he is my best friend. He’s already like a brother to me.” ‘And I can’t stake the relationship we have just for this foolish feelings I have for him.’

“Oh really huh?” she said with a ‘you-really-think-i-don’t-know-you-enough’ expression that you didn’t manage to see because you’re tidying up your things.

“Want to eat with us?” you asked her as you get up from your chair.

“No thanks! I don’t want to ruin your date.” She shoo you while chuckling.

“Tch. Whatever.” You just laugh and head towards the door.

--

“So what’s for lunch?” Baekhyun excitedly opens your lunch box. He doesn’t bring lunch box anymore because he claimed that it was only for kids and not cool at all. But look who’s firstly opening the lunch box now?

“Ta-dah~ Wow!” you could almost see his glimmering eyes turn into a star shape.

You too almost drool when you saw your lunchbox. Onigiri, kimchi, bulgogi, tofu, meatballs and fried egg. You finished a project and slept so late last night so your mom volunteered to make you dosirak. You make sure to take a note in your head that you’ll kiss and hug your mom when you got home. Within a few minutes, your full lunch box earlier was now empty. You’re now both sitting on your usual spot, under the tree behind the school.

 He suddenly leans closer to you and then you see his hands move up. “B-baek?”  He touched your lips starting from left to right then picks something on the edge.

“A residue. You’re still such a kid.” He laughs then takes it in his mouth. You feel your face turns into scarlet because of his action. You hit him on his arms, “Pabo!” then quickly get up, afraid that he’ll notice its effect on you.

“Well, it’s almost time. I’ll go first. Later~” you immediately walk away before he could even answer.

“Baekhyun, you pabo! Pabo, pabo!” your mind yells as you dash back to your classroom.

And with that, your mind becomes full of him again all day. 

 


 

Hi guys! Here's my new fic~ 
I hope you'll continue to support it and please look forward as I gradually update it..

Thank you so much! :*

x.o.x.o