05. Candy Canes

Tinsel, Presents and Other Christmas Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s late at night when the two get back home from a party at Sungmin’s house. Sungmin and Sa Eun tend to have Christmas parties every year, and usually Hyukjae and Donghae stay for very late playing stupid games, but today, they decided to come home early.

Hyukjae eagerly on a peppermint candy cane he’d gotten from Leeteuk, and bites off the end, pulling it away from his mouth. He stands idly with a smile on his face as he watches Donghae flop onto the sofa, throwing the candy canes he had gotten onto the table harshly, probably cracking one or two of them.

“Donghae,” Hyukjae says with a small pout, feeling rather childish, but doing it for the conversation anyway. “You cracked them. Now they’re not as fun.”

Donghae scoffs.

“I hate candy canes,” he says cynically. Hyukjae raises his eyebrow and wants to laugh, because the whole ‘hate’ thing really doesn’t suit Donghae, especially not about things to do with Christmas. He lets Donghae continue, the puzzled look on his face remaining. “People used to give them to me all the time, and I put them in my bag and forgot about them.”

“What’s so bad about that?” Hyukjae goes to sit by Donghae, who’s lying all over the sofa, who gets up for a few seconds to let Hyukjae sit, before dropping his head on the man’s comfortable lap. Donghae curls up, and Hyukjae can’t seem to do anything but run his fingers through the shorter man’s hair and grow drowsier, a lazy smile on his face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter