Toasty

Toasty

“Sorry, Wannie. I can’t come out and play today. I have a cold…”

Minwoo sat in his living room on his couch, wrapped up in a blanket holding a mug of honey tea in his hands. He felt miserable. It was day two of a horrible cold and he just could not seem to get rid of it. He spent the previous day sleeping trying to combat it. Normally that was all it took, the second day would just leave him a bit stuffed up. Not this time.

He sipped on his tea and sighed. He would love to go out and shop with Dongwan. Thus leading them to play in the fresh fallen snow, which would make them cold, leading them inside to get warm by “playing” in bed. He could not risk getting his friend sick; he would feel awful doing so.

He set his mug down on his coffee table. His body feeling weak as he laid onto his side, curled up under the blanket. He closed his eyes, falling asleep. He

He was not sure how long he was out but when he opened his eyes he realized his mug full of tea was gone. As well as the used tissues he had piled up. He sat up slowly and looked around, “H-Hello?” He watched as his best friend came into the room wiping his hands on a towel, “Wannie?”

Dongwan smiled at him, “I am making you another pot of tea.”

Minwoo blinked in confusion, “W-Why are you here?”

Dongwan walked over to him and put his hand on his head, petting his hair, “I came to take care of my Wooie.”

He looked up at him and frowned, “B-But I don’t want to make you sick…”

“You don’t have a temperature…” Dongwan placed his hand on his friend’s forehead, “So I think I am safe…” He smiled at him for a moment before kissing his friend’s forehead.

Minwoo smiled back and watched him go to the kitchen. He already felt better now that his friend was there. He watched him return with some freshly brewed tea. He took the mug from him, “Thanks Wannie.”

Dongwan smiled and sat down next to him, “I couldn’t just let you suffer from a cold all alone. You did yesterday…”

“I slept all day…” He took a sip of the tea, “Still you didn’t have to come here…”

Dongwan took the tea from him, setting it on the coffee table. He pulled the blanket off of his friend. Minwoo just sat there confused as his friend positioned himself so he and Minwoo’s legs were on the couch. He put Minwoo’s back against his chest and covered the both of them with the blanket. Minwoo grinned to himself as Dongwan’s arms went around his waist; he rested against his friend’s chest and sighed happily. Dongwan closed his eyes as he rubbed his friend’s stomach, “Nice and toasty under this blanket…”

Minwoo nodded as he began to get tired suddenly, “Thanks for coming…”

Dongwan kissed the back of Minwoo’s neck, “I’ll always come for you.”