Final

Mind Control

Wonsik had always been able to control people. At first, he didn’t realize it, but once he got older…….well, it didn’t take the eight year old long to realize what he was doing. For a while, he’d just played around with it, enjoyed getting what he wanted. It was fun, like a new toy. He didn’t realize what he was doing was wrong until he met Sanghyuk.

Sanghyuk was like him, yet not. Sanghyuk had the same gift, but he didn’t use it like Wonsik did. No, he tried to help people with his gift, not himself. Wonsik couldn’t understand it and that pissed him off. For a while, he even started actively trying to undo all of Sanghyuk’s work. That had lasted for a couple of weeks before Sanghyuk realized what he was doing. Sanghyuk had yelled at him, called him a lot of names. It hurt more than Wonsik wanted to admit.

Then Sanghyuk was gone.

He moved away with his family and Wonsik wished he’d known so he could make Sanghyuk’s parents stay. If his powers worked on Sanghyuk, he’d have made the younger boy stay. But he hadn’t known and his powers didn’t work on Sanghyuk, so he woke up one day with the other gone. Wonsik didn’t want to admit that it made him sad, but his parents could tell. His mother said that if he was good, maybe he would get to see Sanghyuk again.

So Wonsik did exactly that. He became good. He started only using his gift when it helped other people, just as Sanghyuk had done. Eventually, he stopped doing it in hopes of being rewarded with Sanghyuk’s return and started doing it because it made others happy. He smiled to himself when he realized that he now understood why Sanghyuk used his gift the way he did. Maybe, if he did get to see Sanghyuk again, the younger would be proud of him.

But that didn’t happen for several years.

Wonsik had become Ravi by that point, dreams of being an idol filling his head. He’d almost given up on ever seeing Sanghyuk again and then there he was, standing before him in the dorm with a nervous smile. He couldn’t believe his luck. And yet Sanghyuk didn’t remember him. It had been ages since they had last seen each other and they had been pretty young, but Wonsik thought that he should remember meeting someone who had the same gift.

“Hey,” Wonsik smiled, pulling Sanghyuk to the side, “it’s been a while.”

“Yeah,” Sanghyuk nodded, narrowing his eyes slightly as he looked Wonsik over.

“Your gift,” Wonsik asked, “do you still have it?”

“Do you still have yours?” Sanghyuk countered, glaring even more.

“I do,” Wonsik smiled, “but I don’t use it that much anymore. And I don’t use it like I did.”

“Oh,” Sanghyuk looked a little surprised.

Wonsik was about to tell him that it was because of Sanghyuk that he’d changed his ways, but the younger was called away.

It was painfully hard for Wonsik not to use his gift after that. He wanted so badly to help Sanghyuk, to make the others include him in things. But if Taekwoon suddenly stopped glaring at him or Hongbin started including him in things, Sanghyuk would know why. Then he’d get angry with Wonsik and he wanted to avoid that. Wonsik wanted so badly to use his gift on all the people who commented on Sanghyuk’s talents, questioning his worth. It made Sanghyuk sad and Wonsik hated seeing him upset. But, again, if the hate suddenly went away the younger would know who was the cause.

Not using his gift proved to be worth it later on when Hongbin became one of Sanghyuk’s most trusted friends within the group and Taekwoon started smiling around the youngest. It was worth it when the voices questioning Sanghyuk’s abilities started to fade away because Sanghyuk was proving himself. Seeing the smile on Sanghyuk’s face, the pride shining in his eyes over what he’d managed to accomplish, was worth it.

But the want to use his gift over Sanghyuk didn’t go away. It just changed. As time went on, more people started to fall for him. Wonsik could understand, Sanghyuk was hard not to love, but if Sanghyuk was going to be with anyone it would be Wonsik. They were perfect together – in Wonsik’s opinion anyway. Sanghyuk was the only person who he couldn’t control and the younger made him want to be good. Jokingly, Wonsik also add a little ‘we’re both y as hell, so why not put two y people together’ when talking to Hongbin about the situation. The visual just rolled his eyes, laughing and encouraging Wonsik to go after what he wanted.

But no matter how perfect they obviously were for each other, others kept trying to win Sanghyuk’s heart. From Taekwoon who was actually pretty subtle about his affections to Jaehwan who’d come out right and tell Sanghyuk how much he loved him through cheesy pickup lines, to Hakyeon who’d even asked Sanghyuk to marry him once as a ‘joke.’ Then there were other idols who made it clear that they were interested in the maknae and the trainees at the company who often made their own interest clear, flirting hard every time they saw Sanghyuk walking down the hall in their direction.

“Leave Sanghyuk alone,” Wonsik growled at the young trainee girl, using his power for the first time in ages.

“Alright,” she nodded, looking dazed before walking off.

Wonsik sighed, relieved that the girl would no longer bother his maknae. But his interference didn’t matter too much. Sanghyuk liked guys, so the girl had never stood a chance. But knowing that she would never flirt with Sanghyuk again did make him feel better. He’d feel even better if Sanghyuk never found out about what he had done, but when he found Sanghyuk standing just around the corner he knew that he’d messed up.

“What was that?” Sanghyuk hissed, glaring at Wonsik. He was used to the younger looking at him like that, but it still hurt.

“She was annoying,” Wonsik shrugged, trying to sound like he didn’t care, “and it’s not like she could get anywhere by flirting. I did a good thing, Hyukkie. Now she can go look for someone else, someone who’ll love her or at least show interest in her.”

“Don’t justify yourself,” Sanghyuk hissed, “you didn’t do that for her sake. You did that for yourself.”

“So what if I did?” Wonsik questioned, pressing Sanghyuk against the wall, “I don’t like seeing people flirt with you.”

“You’re so jealous,” Sanghyuk sighed, relaxing into the elder’s arms.

“I’m sorry,” Wonsik sighed, “I just…..I hate seeing girls throwing themselves at you.”

“You act like we’re dating,” Sanghyuk giggled, “Last I checked, you haven’t asked me out yet.”

“Sure I have,” Wonsik replied, “when I first found out you can control people. And then again when I first saw you at the dorm when you joined the company.”

“You didn’t ask the first time,” Sanghyuk shrugged, “and that second time doesn’t count because I still thought you used your gifts like you did when we were little.”

“Alright,” Wonsik decided, “then I’ll ask now. Will you go out with me?”

“Yes,” Sanghyuk grinned, allowing Wonsik to press a quick kiss to his lips.