The Party

Forever Young
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Um... Bam Bam?” Yugyeom asked awkwardly as he straightened out his closet, hanging up the clothes that needed to be hung.

“Mm?” the blond haired boy asked, not looking up from his computer as he laid across his bed.

“Do you want to, uh, hangout tonight? I’m meeting up with Jinyoung and Young-”

“No thanks,” Bam Bam cut him off, putting on his sound cancelling headphones.

Yugyeom frowned and went back to sorting his clothes. He noticed that his roommate was very independent. Not independent like Youngjae, who was shy and afraid to speak to new people. No, Bam Bam was independent as in he didn’t want any friends. It annoyed Yugyeom more than anything. He wanted to be friendly with his roommate, but his roommate was just making it hard for him.

Yugyeom sighed and stacked his clothes in the closet before standing up and moving to his bookcase. He started sorting his books, wanting to keep them organized. Yugyeom was always a big book reader, and he loved keeping his books in a good condition. His friends had always about how much he loved his books. It was their famous thing, to tease Yugyeom.

“What was your friends in Thailand like, Bam Bam?” Yugyeom asked, trying to start up another conversation with his roommate. The boy didn’t answer, causing Yugyeom to explode. “YAH! Why are you ignoring me?! Why can’t I talk to you?! Can’t I get to know my roommate?! You know, we’re going to be LIVING together, meaning we should get along, don’t you think?”

“You know,” Bam Bam said, taking off his headphones. “I don’t think I want to get to know a stupid .”

“Excuse me?” Yugyeom asked with wide eyes.

“Yeah, you’re a jerk,” Bam Bam said, standing up and uplugging his laptop, placing it under his arm. “No wonder your friends aren’t up here talking to you. Who would want to be friends with a jerk like you. I don’t even want to be roommates with you.”

“Y-yah, I-”

“I don’t even want to see you right now,” Bam Bam said, before walking out of the room.

“W-what the hell?” Yugyeom asked, watching after him. “What just happened?”

“Hey Yugyeom?” a voice asked as Mark and Jackson came into the room, probably just returning from their stroll around the campus or something. “What’s up with Bam Bam?”

“Well he kept ignoring me so I kinda exploded... Then he got pissed at me and said he didn’t want to be my roommate and just left,” Yugyeom told them. “I don’t really understand why he got so mad.”

“Must be puberty,” Jackson said, causing Mark to burst out laughing.

“Anyway, Yugyeom,” Mark said, looking at the younger boy. “You said you’re hanging out with your friends tonight, right?”

“Well, yeah,” Yugyeom replied, nodding his head.

“Well a friend of ours is throwing a beginning of the year party and we wanted to know if you wanted to tag along and bring your friends.”

“We don’t party,” Yugyeom said with a frown. “We’ve never been to one.”

“Come to this one. It will be fun.”

 

...

 

“Yugyeom, when you said we would be hanging out, I didn’t think you would mean by going to a party,” Jinyoung said with a frown as the awkwardly stood in the entrance of the party room.

“Come on, Jinyoung-ah, college parties are fun!” Jaebum cried with a huge grin, pulling on Jinyoung’s hand. “Come meet my friends! I want to introduce them to my awesome roommate!”

“H-hey,” Youngjae said, reaching out for his friend who was dragged away. He then turned to look at Yugyeom, but he was also gone. “W-why am I alone?”

Youngjae frowned and searched all around, but found no sight of the younger boy. He started freaking out as his anxiety kicked in. Never once was he left alone in a crowded place. The two of them were always there for him. They would never leave him alone.

Everyone there seemed intimidating and scary to Youngjae. He was having a hard time controlling his breathing. Suddenly someone touched his shoulder, causing Youngjae to jump about ten feet in the air with a high pitched screech. The music was so loud that no one heard him. Calming down his racing heart, he turned to find a young boy staring at him in shock.

“I-I’m sorry to scare you,” the boy told him. “You looked lonely and my friends ditched me and I just wanted someone to talk to. Sorry, I’m bad at meeting new people. Um, my name is Park Jimin. I’m a freshman and I just want to be friends. I don’t mean to scare you off or anything. Um, would you care for a drink? Oh, that was such a stupid question. Sorry sorry.”

“Y-you’re okay,” Youngjae said with a small smile. “S-sorr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter