Chapter 02: What the....?

Legacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 I have no idea how long I have been running for my life around my own home! On the night after my birthday! I guess it's so depressing to know that you just aged a year, only to be killed the next day!

 

"Oh the fun is just great!" I just had to curse to my self as I hide behind a wall, and hoping I lost that ugly beast.

 

 I slumped on the floor with an exhausted pant, and leaning my body against the cold wall. The whole house could probably be hearing my exhaustion because I'm panting louder than normal. Oh Yeah! Running for my life is such a fun sport, the irony is so funny I forgot to laugh. As my breath starts to calm down, along the hallway I can hear those eerie four legged foot steps. At first, it was just curiosity when I heard it. Now, since I know what those foot steps belong to, I turn stiff with fear. Why oh why must my night be as bad this.

 

"Can this night get any worse!" I just had say it huh? Well it has gotten worse because I can hear the same foot steps coming from my left.

 

 I cursed under breath and looked around for any means of escape. To my relieve, I realized I am right in front of mansion's living room. Right in the middle of the room is the fireplace. Without thinking twice, I run into the room. To my stupidity, I forgot that I had a metal baseball bat in my hands, I hit the tip of the bat against the sliding doors of the living room as I enter it. The sound of the contact fills the entire mansion hallway, and here I was hoping those uglies won't hear it. I AM DEAD WRONG. At the corner of my eye, one of those disgustingly hideous cretures is staring at me like I'm the prized meal.

 

"Oh !" Cursing under my breath as I rush myself into the living room, closing the sliding doors as if it would help. I WAS WRONG AGAIN.

 

 As I stepped away from the door and towards the lit fireplace, one of those creatures burst through the door as if it wasn't there at all. And due to the surprise I stumbled back on the rug in front of the fireplace. STUPID? Yeah you're right. To make it even better, I stumbled flat on my back, my bat in my hand flew off somewhere. Getting clumsy on the verge of death? Just another routine to my last day as a NEW 21yr old!

               

                                                                                                               ***********
 

 Thoughts and scenarios of how would die run through David's mind as he sees the creature approaching him. Unarmed, flat on his back, and in fear, David is just about ready to accept that he is going to die in a few moments. All hope seems lost until he feels a warm touch radiating behind him.

 

"The fire place!" David thought to himself as his gaze looks turns towards the burning fireplace behind him.

At that very moment, another crazy idea knocked on his mind.

 

"Well I'm about to die.. so why not give it a try!" David said under his shaky breath as the creature readies itself for the pounce.

 

The creature pounced in for the kill and at the same time David closed his eyes and lunged his right arm forward as if to block the creature. And the next thing he knew, the fireplace explodes into an inferno, a surge of heat passed from behind onto the pouncing beast. The beast was engulfed in flames, and thrown backwards 15meters away from where David is.

 

With his right arm stretched forward as if to block and his eyes shut tight. David stayed in that position for a few seconds before finally encouraging himself to open his eyes. 

 

 "I'm. .. Alive! oooh man...!" David exclaimed loudly before covering his mouth again.

 

 "I'm alive?" Whispering to himself, David scanned around the room, "Then what happened to that........"

 

 David's voice trailed into a soft gasp as he sees burned remains of the creature that nearly claimed his life. Motionless, black as charcoal, and definitely overcooked, that's the state of the creature now. David is about to stand on his feet, to make sure that creature is dead. However, before moving a muscle, the creature dissolved into nothing like dust in the wind.

 

 Finally knowing he survived his nearly imminent death, David's celebration is cut short. The second creature's snarl caught David's attention once again. There standing on the broken pieces of the sliding doors is the second deadly and menacing ugly beast. David tries to move his body, but all the response he gets is excruciating pain. Feeling like all his limbs on fire, and stiff on the spot. No matter what he did, all the responses he received are nothing but pain and torture.

 

"Oh....ss..... what...a way..to.. die!" David exclaimed frustratingly in pain while watching his death approaching in form of a hideous creature he knows not.

 

 The creature gallops to it's paralyzed prey, and all David can do is close his eyes. And the next thing he knows is one of the windows of the loving shattered to pieces. A dark and vague figure is standing back facing the shattered window. Its the stranger's hands is a bright blue bow and an arrow notched ready to fire. The galloping creature has no time to respond till three arrow heads pierced through its hide. The beast falls motionless on the floor before dissolving into nothing just like its predecessor that David killed.

 

 "W..what... the?" David looks towards his savior, and realized that she's actually a girl as she steps closer to him. And before uttering any more words, David out.

 

 Stirring and groaning, David finally opened his eyes. Blinking slowly to adjust himself after passing out. As he opens his eyes, he can feel something warm and soft on his forehead. Coming back reality, David looked upwards towards the direction of foreign contact on his skin.

 

 "You ok?" A soft voice snapped him to full wake, "That was really something. You actually burned a Class D to crisp."

 

 Hearing the unfamiliar voice, David jumped away from the source of the voice. Standing on his feet, David observed the stranger who talked to him. The savior who spared David his life. A girl he never met, and who eventually saved his is standing right before him.

 

 "Wh..Who.. are you?" David asked bewildered and awed at her beauty as she stands.

 

 The girl stands up, and crossing her arms over her chest. "Answer me first, how do you feel? Though it seems like you're good enough to stand, but still... Answer my question."

 

"I... um.. I'm.... alright.. Actually. .. I'm great!" David tried stretching his limbs, and realized the pain he felt earlier was completely gone.

 

"Good to know!" The girl grinned, and stretched her hand towards David, "I'm Wendy!"

 

Taking her hand David replied, "I'm David, and ummm.. What did you do to me?"

 

"Well all I did was heal you with my powers, and....." Her words are interrupted as she stiffens as if in fear.

 

"We need to go!" Without waiting for David's reponse, Wendy grabbed his hands and ran while holding his hand tightly as if he would get lost.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter