Chapter 1: What A Birthday!

Legacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                                         

 

  A young man sitting on his bed, and looking down in gloom. His 21st B'day is to be spent without his loved ones yet again, his parents. Though his friends and cousins might be present down the great hall of his luxurious 3 story high Mansion, the presence he wanted most was that of his parents.
Since his 10th B'day his parents are always abroad with business, and were rarely home. His only companion at home are their faithful Butler and maid, Frederick and Rosie. The Butler and the Maid almost practically raised him, and have become like his true parents when his real ones weren't around much.

A knock on the door of his large bedroom, interrupted him of his thoughts. Gathering himself up, and wiping the tears of disappointment from his eyes, he walks over to his door to answer the knocker.

He opens his door to find his maid waiting with a look of concern evident in her warm facial features. "David, your guests have waited downstairs for you..... They are not coming are they?"

David sighs heavily, and hugs Rosie, his maid. "They did this every year Rosie! Ever since I was ten! I was beginning to think that I'm not their son anymore."

"Come on Davie, I'm sure they have their good reasons," Rosie rubs David's back to comfort him.

David sighs heavily as hugs Rosie tighter. "I sure do hope so because those 'good reasons' always made them miss my birthdays. Well, why do I bother right?"

David sighs and pulls away from Rosie's motherly embrace that always comforts him. The aroma of freshly baked cookies always seems to relax David whenever he hugs Rosie. She has been like a mother to David ever since his parents started to be BUSY when he was 10. And to David, both Rosie and Frederick are like the true parents he had ever wished for. They have been with him, and have cared for him as how his parents should. David sees them with his utmost respect, and never sees them as just the people paid to look after his house, and eventually to look after him. For all his past birthdays ever since he was 10, all his parents did are only throwing him parties and giving him luxurious presents. They are never around for his Birthdays ever since he was TEN. Rosie and Frederick were the ones always present with him even if they have their own day offs. To him, Rosie and Frederick ARE his parents.

After his sad little conversation with Rosie, he made his way downstairs to where his own Birthday party is ongoing. As far as he knows, his closest and best of friends will attend along with his closest relatives. This Birthday Party is as fancy as usual, and the gift his parents gave him now is a brand new black Lamborghini Murcielago, and his very own Yacht. Dress code for the party is definitely fancy as well, fancy suits and fancy dresses worn by the cities' most looked up sons and daughters of the most important people around. Not to be on the offensive side, but someone who is not of this class will sure be nervous of his or her wits. Not only are the attendees rich and powerful next in line for the biggest companies of the world, they are all top of their schools and classes. Even David finds himself nervous around them, and he is already one of the group.

He made his way down to the huge dining hall which almost looked like a dome, and its supported by 6 huge pillars of marbles. The dining hall itself if big enough for two or three tennis courts. Not just any tennis courts, but the Wimbledon standard kind. And it is filled with, believe it not, reporters and journalists. They go around interviewing the attendees as usual every year because not only are they famous, but also the fact that they are attending the party of the year. Fancy here and there is all you can see in this party, but to David this is just the same as usual. His parents are not around to celebrate their only son's 21st Birthday party. His birthday party has become just like a yearly routine of just fancy here and there plus the interviews. Sometimes David even thought that half of his party guests only came for the attention.

Being the heir and son to the biggest most successful bussiness company in the world, anythin David does makes the headlines. Like last 3 months ago, he bought an ice cream for a little girl who happens to be his niece, and that made the headlines.

"The Young Heir With His Daughter?"
The headlines read.

Living as the son of a big shot in the US have its perks. Some good ones and bad ones. David went through them all with the 'I don't give a crap' attitude. Parties after parties. Expenses after expenses. Though he has anything that anyone could probably only dream about, he always wished he'd run across something different for once in his life. And maybe felt like living a normal life for once.

                  

                                                                                                  ****************************************

 

"Here's the birthday boy!" A familiar voice is heard as David made his way to the party.

His favorit cousin, Ailee gave him a big bear hug. "Look at you! All grown up!"

"Thanks sis!" David returned the hug with a light chuckle, "And thank you for coming."

"Hey! I wouldn't miss out on my baby cousin's birthday!" Ailee said while pinching David's cheeks playfully.

"Ailee! I'm not a kid or baby anymore," David said as he rubbed his pinched cheeks, and pouted.

"Ew ew! Don't try that! You're ugly when you do that!" Ailee playfully flinched at David's gesture.

Shortly after laughin with each other, Ailee gave him another hug. "Hang in there alright? Auntie Moira and Uncle Pete must have their reasons ok?"

"I hope so," David gave his cousin a weak smile.

Ailee is like the big sister he never had. Four years older than he is, she has been both his best friend and a very close relative to David. And he has grown to admire her through the things she did. Before becoming a successful designer and singer, she has always been there also for David to be his friend. Along with Frederick, Rosie, and Ailee, David has gotten the kind of family he was hoping for. He feels so loved and cared for with them around.

"Anyways, lighten up alright?" Ailee pecks his cheeks, makin David blushed like crazy, "This is your night lil bro! Enjoy yourself aight?"

"Will do big sis!" David gave Ailee another hug before goin to greet other guests.

 

                                                                     **************************************************************

 

"Yo! My man! Happy B'day bro!" David's best friend, Kwangsoo, gave him a big brotherly hug. Which seems a bit ironic because Kwangsoo is way taller than David, but a little skinnier than David was.

"Hyung! Gumawo!" David returned the hug to his famous actor best friend.

"Still a big party as always!" Kwangsoo exclaimed, but then his expression changed, "They can't make it again can they?"

David took a deep breath, and sighed as he look up to his best friend. "Yeah, another 'business' trip for them. Certainly no time for me."

"Ehhhhh.. I'm sure they have their reasons," Kwangsoo ruffled his dongsaeng's hair, "For the time being, just enjoy your night my man!"

"Aight hyung!" David hi-5ed Kwangsoo, "Thank you!"

"Ehhhhh.. No problem!" Kwangsoo pats David's back before makin his way to his famous long time model girlfriend, Kwon Yuri. The same girl who waved with a smile towards David as he made eye contact with her.

Then there is Kwangsoo, the hyung that David never thought to have. They met when they were in their elementary school. Kwangsoo being two years older than David have always been the one lookin out for David in his school. Kwangsoo became David's first ever friend when he first entered elementary. With Kwangsoo around, he finally has the big brother figure he longed for. Even when Kwangsoo finally went out with the girl of his dreams, he never fails to visit or just hangout with David even when he brought along his girlfriend, Yuri. And Yuri herself is only a few months younger than David, but in a way since she is dating Kwangsoo, she has automatically become David's sister. Or the way he puts it, his sister in law. All in all for David, despite not always having his parents around, he still have these people in his life. And he couldn't be more grateful.

 

                                                                             ************************************************************************

 

  After greeting his most important guests, David made his way towards the center of the big dining hall to address the rest of the guests. He stood in the middle of the hall surrounded with the huge dining tables that serves tonight's servings. Each tables are beautifully accompanied by 6 big candles, making each table impossible to miss. David, since he is already old enough, picked a glass of champagne from the nearest table along with a little spoon.

 David cleared his throat before tapping the glass to get the guest's attention. " Evening ladies and gentleman! I would like each and everyone of you for making it to my birthday party! It is such an honor to have each and everyone of you to be here tonight."

 The guests' responded with smiles and their own toast as they slightly lift their glasses up to David's little speech. "Please enjoy yourselves and help yourselves to the awesome meal my cooks have prepared! And don't worry, I won't bill you."

 David's little remark receives small chuckles of  the guests. David spread out his arms to gesture around the room. "Ladies and Gentleman enjoy..."

 Out of nowhere the candles around David shoot up flames meters high to the ceiling as soon he spread out his arms. The speech was interrupted as the guests around stand both in awe and pure shock of the unexpected show or accident. David, who is also in shock, puts down both his hands. Suprisingly the meters high flames shortened back to its original size. The whole crowd become silent the moment his arms were down and the flames dying back to its original state.

 The hall was quiet for almost a whole minute as they stare at David, who is actually a bit panicking. Just when David thought that this is gonna awkward, his best friend clapped his hand, and broke the silent. That shocked David, but somehow it made him at ease.

 "Wow! That was awesome light show bro!" Kwangsoo made his way beside the stunned David, and puts his arm around his buddy's shoulder, "Isn't it awesome people? Awesome way to celebrate his 21st b'day right?"

 Surprisingly, the guests all start to clap along with Kwangsoo. The crowd giving hoots and cheers to the still stunned young man. For to David, he felt something weird as those flames shoot up the ceiling. For a moment there he felt like those flames are a part of him, and an extent of his being. He felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter