Chapter Three

Love Me in 100 Days

Love me in 100 days

Chapter Three

 

"Don't be so gloomy Hayi. At least you don't have to wear a uniform." Bobby grinned from ear to ear as he welcomed me inside his oversize house. I've never seen a house so large, but I couldn't concentrate on it since my mind was clouded with the thought of wondering how I got this bad luck.

"I've got the wrong house." I lied but Bobby only reached for my wrist and smiled "How can it be the wrong house if I was the one to give you the address?" I closed my hands in tight fists before being dragged into his home. "Let go of me!" I demanded but then I saw a woman stride towards us. She was soaked in wealth based off her clothing and the manner she stood.

"Is that your new plaything Bobby?" She exhaled disappointedly. I was past irritated and was about to express to her how I felt until he said "No mom. I just found someone who wants to work as a maid. She'll work harder and quicker than the ancient people we employed. Plus she'll work for less." His mom thin bloodshot tinted lips curled in a smirk and patted his back before disappearing. I snatched my hand away and declared "I'm not working here. So go ahead and voice to your mom." He wiggled his finger and smiled "Yah Hayi. Do you want me to tell everyone that you wanted to work as a maid?" I rolled my eyes "Go ahead. I really don't care."

I began walking towards the door as Bobby tried to get my interest again. "Hayi! I know you’re doing this for money." I stood still as he continued "Whatever the reason is, you should be joyful that it was my family you encountered. Who knows whose family it could've been? What they could've do to you." As much as I despised this, he was right. I let out a sigh, before telling him I would take the job. "I knew you would pick the right choice Hayi." Bobby said trying to put his arm on me. I knocked it off and told him coolly "I'm only here to work. Don't think it’s for you Bobby." He only teased me by stepping back, falsifying acting how scared he was before chuckling “You start after school then. Do you want me to walk-" I left him hanging as I went back outside to go home.

"Hayi! ~" my mother called out when I entered the house. She was wearing her well-known florid discolored apron and held a spatula. "Where were you? You came later than usual." I opened the refrigerator and pulled out my water bottle before answering "I went to look for a job." "Hayi, you don't have too." I looked her in the eyes "Yes I do. Especially if dad is being intimidated." Mom eyes fell to the floor as she stated for me to finish some of my homework before dinner was prepared. I didn't mean to sound so uncaring, but it was the truth. My dad did need some support.

I went to lay on my bed as the thought of working as a maid lingered in my mind. Being the maid of someone I disliked so severely. I let out a scream in my pillow out of frustration. I needed to obtain another job fast so I don't have to work as a maid anymore but no one wants to hire a student. They should be focusing on earning respectable grades and getting a degree not wondering if they can pay off loans, especially their parent's. But the sooner I work and earn money, the quicker we can return back home and our shop. Return back to where we belong, not here.

-Following Day -

I had just finished seventh hour and I was beyond tried. Last night I stayed up working on a project for English and some homework. Suhyun didn't come to school so it was even more of a pain to finish the project. "Hey." Bobby uttered as he once again tried to put his arm around me as I strolled with my bike. I moved to the opposite side, while he offered "Want me to walk with you? You may have-" I cut him off and told him I didn't forget the address. I got on my bike and rode past him. He started shouting for me to wait for him, but I only giggled.

I slowed down a little, just enough to get Bobby to see me but not within his reach. He looked aggravated but I enjoyed his reaction. He wasn't clever enough to use his parents’ money to get a ride to his house. So it was his own fault. I waited by his house while Bobby just walked at a sluggish pace. Finally he caught up and unlocked the door, as I was welcomed by his maids. They were old like he said but I think that was a positive to this. Bobby had instructed me to just clean his, the living, a guest rooms and partly half bathroom. He took off into a different room, leaving the maids to tell me where the cleaning products were.

Week Later/ 3rd P O.V-

"10 days Bobby. 10 days and I haven't seen any sort of improvement." Mino, Bobby other friend and the one who established the bet, mocked. Bobby was far bothered. He assumed by now he would've seen Hayi have some sort of interest. But she still remained the same. "What exactly have you done?" Hanbin asked curiously. Mino smirked at his friend who was struggling to get some girl's attention.

Bobby waved the question off and only replied "I got this under control." "Well it isn't working." Mino said boredly. "Did you even text her?" Hanbin asked. "Text her?" Mino asked now attracted in the conversation again. Hanbin was about to enlighten him by how they got the number but Bobby had stopped him "It wasn't her number. And like I said I have it under control." Mino rolled his eyes before saying something and left.

Once Mino exited, Bobby stated to Hanbin "I'm a genius." Hanbin laughed "Are you being serious? Because remember that time-" Bobby cut him off and reply "Not that genius. I meant with getting Hayi to like me." "How?" Hanbin asked. "Remember when we searched her bag? The number I found wasn't hers but to a job. A maid job."

Hanbin knew where this was heading but still listened. "I wrote down my number and obliterated the other number now she gets to work for me as a maid. Seeing me every day whether she liked it or not." "Dude, have you been watching dramas or what's up with the main lead's clichéd pick up? Especially after what we overheard about Hayi, this isn’t going to work." Now Bobby was laughing "And being second lead is better?" "You don't even have any competition right now" Hanbin added. "Wait. You have classes with her right?" "Three I think. Why?" Bobby patted Hanbin’s back before smiling "Put in a good word for me" before leaving the cafeteria.

The bell then rung and everyone began exiting the building. Hanbin spotted Hayi from the corner of his eye and wonder if he really was going it. His next class was with her so he might as well. It wouldn't be suspicious.  As he walked into the classroom, Hanbin took a seat in the back where Hayi typically sat at and evaluated ways to speak to her without giving it away. Unlike Bobby, Mino and his additional friends, he couldn't talk to girls that easily.

Should he tap her shoulder? Maybe a note? Hanbin hated when Bobby did this to him. He was so focused onto his thoughts that he didn't even noticed Hayi speaking to him until she thumped him. "Ow!" He cried making everyone look at him and Hayi. "I know you’re not that thrilled to be my partner but at least play the part." Hanbin was about to speak but Hayi left to get the papers they needed for some science project. Great. Now Bobby was going at him for this.

Hayi came back with a packet and handed him his. "T-Thanks" Hanbin hesitated as he grabbed the packet. She frowned at him, probably still furious that he had unintentionally ignored her. He cleared his throat, nervously scratching the back of his head before saying "I didn't mean to ignore you earlier. I was just thinking that's all." Hayi eyed him for a second but shortly answered "Ok."

How on earth was he supposed to get her attention? Let alone how could Bobby even get her interest? Hanbin sunk lower in his seat before working on his assignment. The period only had ten minutes left and they had spent the time in complete silence. Hanbin had no clue what he was doing or what he was supposed to do.

He looked out of the corner of his eyes and noticed how well Hayi was working. Or at least how cool she was that is. Then something else caught his eye. The frame of her face was striking. The way her honey colored hair fell when she would write something down and her expressions of confusion looked pretty. Hanbin snapped out of his thoughts. He shouldn't be paying attention to her like that. Hayi was Bobby bet, and he shouldn't be messing with Bobby's bets.

"H-Hayi." Hanbin stuttered. Which was a strange habit he picked up when he spoke to girls. Hayi gazed at him, no longer angry at him. "I don't know if you’re busy and all today, b-but do you wanna meet up and work our project? O-of course if you’re not busy." He flushed at the sudden burst of butterflies floating around his mid stomach. It was just a date. For school of course.

"Sure." She smiled.

 

-------------------------------------------------
A/N:finally update after period of non stop problems and hope the wait wasn't long since ast posted the second chapter.  

wanted to thank the readers who have shown support for this story by either voting, subcribing or commenting.  originally believed this fanfic would turn out to be flop but I'm surprised many of you guys enjoy ^^ This story is one of my first experiment with a different writing style so I'm happy its successfulfor now

Be sure to leave any sort of feedback Thank you (´∀`)♡

apologize if the chapter did not turn out the best