Asylum

Why

 

“Not her! No please… I beg you!”

 

It was a dark-pitched place and a number of hoodlum-looking women are surrounding a helpless doe eyed girl.

 

But it was not because of their hand knuckles and heavy-duty baseball bats that made her beseech. It was of the fact that a certain tanned girl is worriedly clasped under the strong grips of some of them that made the infamous rebel tremble.

 

“Who would know that it all takes a beautiful, young lady like her to make you plead Im Yoona?” the one with the red tresses lady spoke, donning an amused smirk on her lips.

 

“Please! It’s me you wanted.. Yuri has nothing to do with this..”

 

“Aaaww.. All mushy Im. So gross.. Hmm beautiful, young lady has a name. Yuri huh??” the woman asked, turning her head to the calmly-demeanored tanned girl.

 

She checked the girl out like a hungry lion prying its prey and Yoona doesn’t like the smug smile that the thug was donning.

 

“But let me say this Im, you have a good taste…” the woman admitted and playfully shoved herself to smell strands of Yuri’s dark locks.

 

The act made the helpless Kwon to squirm under their hold and pull away from the hoodlum’s danger-leaking antics.

 

And that did really good in making Yoona infuriate more.

 

“Get off of her!”

 

Hearing this, the gangsters broke out in a couple of mocking laughter full of sincere ridicule and amusement that was not even funny to start with.

 

“Uhmm mmm..” the red-haired girl shook her head, “Not unless I get to taste her Im..” and grinned cunningly as she saw the reaction from Yoona.

 

“Bastards! No! Gaah! Please, no! Yuri!”

 

With all the might she has, the doe-eyed girl tried to get away from the rope that was tied on her wrists and the strong grips from the mob. She tried wriggling from their painful s but all she received was a painful hit on her gut that made her fell to her knees.

 

Looking up with a pained expression from that strong punch, she saw Yuri being taken away from her, a number of figures almost drooling over the beauty that they are yet to use for their own satisfaction.

 

“Yoona!” the Kwon tried to extend her hand, although their great distance and the strong pull of the hoodlums did nothing to help her get near the girl.

 

“Yul! Please no!” Yoona extended her hand too, but of course, to no avail.

 

The girl with the irritable red hair turned around for her final words with a very smug look on her face.

 

“Oh wait Im, just wanna let you know that Yuri here is for us to share. You do know that I’m not a greedy one to devour her myself, eh?”

 

With that said, the group of thugs started walking away from them, laughing evilly as they finally got even from their worst nemesis.

 

“Yoona! Yoona!”

 

“Yuri!! Damn it! Please no! Yul! NOOO!!!!!”

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

“NOOOOOO!!!!”

 

A sweaty, very astonished and breathless doe-eyed girl screamed on the top of her lungs as she jolted up from her deep slumber.

 

Her ragged breaths filled the oh-so-quiet living room and the heaving of her chest was almost defeaning. At least for her.

 

“Yuri…” she whispered the name so delicately as if it was something that will break the moment she pronounced it improperly.

 

With her lips slightly ajar, the helpless doe carefully scanned the living room.

 

So it was only a dream? Sigh… Thank goodness.

 

Sinking in to her consciousness was the fact that she had fallen asleep on the couch, waiting for her girlfriend to arrive. Speaking of which…

 

Is she home now?

 

Getting up from the sofa, Yoona walked towards their shared room—expecting to see a tanned figure curled up on their bed.

 

But much to her surprise, the mattress looked so neat and tidy—indicating that no one slept over it.

 

Scrunching her face, Yoona entered the room.

 

“Yuri?” she called.

 

No answer.

 

With a heart that is starting to pound faster than its normal pace, Yoona went out of the room and walked towards the bathroom at the end of the corridor.

 

“Yuri?” she called once again.

 

But no Yuri in sight.

 

Yoona is now starting to get worry. Flashes of the dream she just had took over her anxious mind and she hurriedly went to search all over their shared home.

 

No. No. Hell no. This isn’t happening.

 

Guest room.

 

Empty.

 

Mini library.

 

Empty.

 

Kitchen.

 

Empty.

 

Balcony.

 

Empty.

 

Where the hell is she??!!

 

Now looking all concerned and uneasy, Yoona went back to the living room. She quickly grabbed her phone resting on top of the table and opened it.

 

There was not even a single message or a missed call and the clock says it already 8:52 in the evening.

 

Yoona was now silently cursing herself for initiating that petty argument they had in the morning—maybe that’s why Yuri was not yet home. Maybe Yuri hates her for her sudden outburst.

 

Maybe Yuri decided to leave her after seeing this impatient side of her.

 

But Yoona believed Yuri should not joke something as serious as that. She should never—not when Yoona is on the verge of going crazy of trying to stop the dangers to even come close to her only sanity.

 

But then again, it was not called a pun for nothing. And usually, the doe-eyed girl knew that she gets Yuri’s jokes lightly because well, it is from Yuri—the love of her life.

 

Fiddling with her phone and her lips pursed in between her lower lip and her teeth, the Im paced back and forth the living room as she thinks of the places Yuri might have gone.

 

Or maybe her dream was real… Maybe Yuri is in danger.

 

NO!

 

No no no no no… That’s not true… She’s just hallucinating. Yoona should believe that she is just being delusional. Or else, she will definitely lose it.

 

Hold on.

 

She halted on her steps and immediately dialed a number. Why didn’t she think of this on the first place?

 

The line got connected to the phone and Yoona silently prayed to the heavens that someone should answer it.

 

RING

 

RING

 

RING

 

RING

 

“Aish! Why aren’t you picking up Yul??”

 

More rings have been buzzing the other line and soon it diverted to a voice mail.

 

“Tsk. Where could she be?? Why isn’t she home yet?” Yoona muttered to herself more, now biting her thumb’s nail out of anxiety.

 

She is definitely getting more worried in every tick of the clock. The images of her dreams came flashing once again and this did not help in easing the tension building up at the idea of her Yuri getting into some trouble.

 

Inhaling a heap of air to give her a bit of strength to overthink the idea of her lover being hurt, Yoona dialed a number once again—this time of another person’s.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Yo Yoong! ‘Sup!” the voice on the other line chirped.

 

“Hyoyeon unnie, where are you?”

 

“I’m on my way home from the university. Just finished the lab experiment. Why? You need a ride?”

 

“N-no unnie. I am home now. I’m actually looking for Yuri..”

 

“Yuri?? Why? I thought you two spend the whole day together?”

 

“Uhm,n-no. Something happened and we kinda fought..”

 

“Aigoo. This kid. Well, have you tried calling her?”

 

“I did but she’s not answering. I-I’m scared unnie. What if—“

 

“Stop… Yuri is fine okay? She might still be in school Yoong. Stop thinking that something bad is going to happen to her.. I’m gonna do a U-turn and pick you up, alright?”

 

“Arasso unnie..”

 

The line ended.

 

Haigoo.

 

This is all her fault. She must have not acted so childish. If not because of her temperament, Yuri is with her now, probably reading a book or finishing some papers. Even better, maybe cuddling with her possibly.

 

Yoona mentally sighed. She doesn’t want to hear it audibly, afraid that she might slap herself for being a jerk.

 

“Yeah, I’m a jerk.”

 

 

***

 

 

Hyoyeon arrived after a couple of minutes, picked up the worrying Im and zoomed fast to the possible place where Yuri must be. Even when she was just about to park her car, her cousin was already struggling to break loose with the hugging seatbelt.

 

“Yoong, relax. Yuri will be fine…”

 

“Not until I find her, I will never relax unnie.” Yoona said in one go and hastily went out of her cousin’s porche.

 

She immediately let her heart direct her legs to fasten her step and get to the place where she initially thought of Yuri’s whereabouts. Most of the time, her lover will be spending her entire day (and night) in this place—drowning herself with the responsibilities that were slumped into her muscular yet frail shouders.

 

Most of their memories are even drawn inside the four-cornered wall of the place that instead of calling it just an office, Yoona calls it their sanctuary—their asylum even.

 

This was where the words of care and attention that Yuri secretly gives her were blurted out by the tanned President. It was a sweet-coated moment and although she clearly recalled that she was pretty injured during time, Yoona vividly remembers the fluttery feeling of hearing Yuri’s confession.

 

 

Blood was dripping down the wounded head of her head. She just got into a fight, if you were wondering.

 

It was the typical fight she gets into most of the time. Well, almost everyday, that is.

 

Yesterday she got herself a cut on her lower lip; the gang she fought was too weak to injure her much that the only pain she got was a lame cut. Pfft, her mind screamed.

 

The other day was much better (or worse if you’re not her) because she went home with a limping hand. The thuds she fought were skilled enough to break her hand, hitting the latter with a metal bat.

 

And today, this is what she got. The best among the three: a bleeding head.

 

Oh how she liked it to have a swirling world before her; how the students looked like each one of them have twins with them for a moment before fusing back into one.

 

It was not only ten minutes ago (and it was 2 in the afternoon) since Yoona appeared in the hallways of Dongguk University and she already got all eyes on her. Teachers, students, even janitors for the record.

 

All eyes are on her.

 

And just when she thought she would just nonchalantly ignore their condemnatory stares and walk away, the bleeding Im spotted a recognized brown orb gawking at her just meters away.

 

This was the very person who had been hanging out with her for weeks now. After fate brought them to the cemetery to fatefully meet, it was as if luck had never run out of them as both she and the person was partnered up by their History teacher for a paper to submit.

 

Yoona will be a liar if the presence of the girl didn’t make her heart go dugeun dugeun—not when she is standing there, bleeding her head out like a sorority girl who just got initiated.

 

At the short time they spent the time together, Kwon ‘the President’ Yuri has grown into her and having her around looking like this brings the cold Yoona... anxiety?

 

The doe-eyed girl wanted to just walk away and ignore the named President’s stare but it was as if Yuri was telling her not to move any further until she says so. And if she was not mistaken, she saw concern and anger written all over the leader’s face.

 

“In my office..” Yuri said, firm yet soft. The tanned girl started walking away and as much as Yoona wanted to walk away too (to a different direction of course), something in Yuri’s tone just made her follow the president’s command.

 

And it all left the civilians to wonder: when did Im Yoona complied to someone’s words?

 

It was a long walk, both Yuri and Yoona thought so. The prying and disputed looks from the gaping people made the amble so tiring and exhausting.

 

Slipping inside the office with Yuri ahead, Yoona slowly closed the door behind her—face turned against the President’s eyes just in case she is staring. She remained staring at the door before confusingly turning her head when she heard Yuri speak and a ruffling sound.

 

“Where is that?”

 

Scrunching her face in curiosity, Yoona slowly walked towards the President who was busy rummaging through a small cupboard.

 

“Yuri—“

 

“Where is that?! The first aid kit?! I knew I put it here somewhere! It has to be here!”

 

Yoona was taken aback at the sudden outburst of the girl. Yuri was usually composed—very composed. That is why she is really admired by the students and professors because of her reserved and wisdom-full demeanor.

 

But the Kwon Yuri she is seeing now is far from the image she thought so she was, let alone angry.

 

Yoona was sure that Yuri was mad right now and not for once she saw Yuri mad before. 

 

“W-what are you looking for? Here, let me help you..” But Yoona easily shrugged Yuri’s eruption and was about to extend her hands when the President suddenly turned to her.

 

And Yoona was beyond agaped to see the girl with tears flowing down her cheeks.

 

Yuri was glaring at her, her face clearly showing Yoona that she was trying her best not to spill more tears. But of course, to no avail—not when the bleeding face of Yoona was just inches away rom her.

 

It was excruciating to see this angel-like person all wasted and hurt like this, Yuri felt.

 

“Hey…”

 

“Don’t” Yuri muttered firmly, making Yoona retract her hands. “Are you that stupid??”

 

Yoona flinched. She is used in getting insults but not from this girl. She is the only one to care so much about her and hearing this, she is starting to think that maybe Yuri is no different from the others.

 

Sniffing, Yuri continued. “The other day you broke your hand; yesterday was a cut on your lip and now this. You’re head is ing bleeding Yoona!”

 

Yuri cursed. That was another first for the doe-eyed girl.

 

And wait, how did Yuri noticed such petty things? She has been avoiding her for days and Yoona doesn’t even know why.

 

“Did you even wonder why I started avoiding you? Did you?”

 

Nope. She doesn’t know. And the doe-eyed girl wants to know.

 

Yuri leaned in a bit closer for Yoona to hear her words clearly, “Because I am hurting.”

 

DUGEUN.

 

DUGEUN.

 

That left a mark in Yoona’s heart.

 

She stared back intently at the President opposite of her and gone was the furious expression on Yuri’s face for it was now filled with pain as tears freely flowed down her cheeks.

 

Sniffing vigorously now, Yuri still continued. “I was hurting… and I am now more than aching to see you like this Yoong..”

 

The always calm-demeanored Kwon was now breaking down infront of the infamous cold rebel and she knows why..

 

“It kills me to see you hurting and I-I-I don’t know if I can take it to see you everyday looking like this..” Yuri whispered delicately.

 

And now, Yoona’s surprised face is already replaced with a very soft and warm that anyone would say she was the goddess Aphrodite’s daughter.

 

“Yuri, hey—“

 

“Don’t just hey me!” Yuri suddenly blurted, “Did you not even understand—“

 

“I understand Yul..” and Yoona immediately cut her off, her soft-tone still apparent. “I completely understood..”

 

The doe-eyed girl doesn’t know but her hands seemed to have a mind of its own as it slowly went up to reach the tanned girl’s dampened cheeks and wipe of the tears that was running down over it.

 

Her unknown feeling soon invaded every part of her body especially her drowsy eyes who seemed to see clearly right through the hurting brown orbs of the Kwon.

 

Doe-eyes meet Brown orbs and Yoona, for once in her life, never seemed so happy after being beaten up by a bunch of hoodlums—not when she gets to hear this sweet assertion from Kwon Yuri.

 

“I understood that I hurt you, Yul and I am sorry..” Yoona never thought that the word ‘sorry’ would slip this easy from .

 

“I’m sorry Yuri… for being stupid… I’m sorry I hurt you and I’m sorry I made you cry…”

 

Yuri cried even more at the girl’s expression of regret and this couldn’t intensify less when Yoona decided to lean her forehead against hers, eyes closed with their breaths tickling each other’s.

 

“I’m sorry Yul. I’m sorry. Please stop crying, I don’t want to see you like this..”

 

Sniffing, Yuri whispered, “Only when you promise me not to fight again..”

 

Yoona then pulled up and stared right though those fragile-looking eyes of the sobbing tanned president. If Yuri’s fangirls and fanboys could see her in this state and would know who made her wail like this, Yoona might end up dead with their beatings.

 

And with her heart fluttering with the concern Yuri had just showered her, Yoona lovingly replied, “I promise..”

 

 

“Yuri!”

 

Yoona called after hastily opening the office’ door. She scanned the room for the figure of the person she was intending to see but much to her surprise, Yuri was not there.

 

“Is she there??” Hyoyeon asked, popping out from Yoona’s back.

 

Yoona blinked profusely and her heart was beating so badly. This is the place she where she commonly finds Yuri but right now, Yuri is not here.

 

Flashes of her dreams came rushing once again as Yoona started to imagine what trouble her lover could possibly be into.

 

No..

 

“Hey, relax. Stop thinking trouble okay? Come on, there are other places Yuri might be hiding..” Hyoyeon patted her cousins back and tried ending it with a joke but of course, Yoona did not end up laughing for all she was thinking was about her lover’s whereabouts.

 

Dragging themselves through the dim-light corridors and covered walks, both Hyoyeon and Yoona walked silently as they turned her head from left to right to see if there’s any sign of the great Kwon.

 

The blonde cousin tried to inititate a conversation to ease Yoona’s anxiety but her dongsaeng is too worried to even further their talk. Hyoyeon certainly understands and she silently thanked Yuri for this.

 

Their cousin was once a lone wolf who never knew what true happiness is.

 

Even when they were kids, Hyoyeon was hearing a lot of stories about Yoona from her parents and relatives. They said that she was the notorious black sheep of the family—the outcast. They said that Yoona is the member who had always tainted the family’s name with her reckless act and that Hyoyeon and the rest of her cousins should avoid the young juvenile.

 

But since Hyoyeon is an inert rebel, she never listened to what they told her. She purposedly dragged her closest cousin Taeyeon to meet their untouchable relative and get to know her.

 

And much much much to the Kims’ great surprise, they realized that their doe-eyed cousin was only one among the worst misunderstood persons in the family.

 

The girl is as normal as they were and she was even better when you get to know her. Yoona was sweet and kind and thoughtful—totally different to the person their parents and relatives told them.

 

What their family members did not see in the girl was the purity and the longing for love that their tall cousin never once get in their lonely home. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon might have a very busy parents, but somehow one among the two was still able to pay attention to them—if preparing breakfast and having a 5-minute talk every night count as an attention.

 

But Yoona—NONE. And they knew why. Their parents told them so and came to believe it once they went home with a lonely Yoona crying her heart out in basement of the mansion, clutching a crumpled picture of a woman that looked so much like her.

 

And when they grew up even more, getting involved in gang fights became their cousin’s refuge to redirect the pain she was going through. By that time, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon were banned to see her for months before the rebellious among the two made a way to see their cousin once again.

 

Although she was still the same person, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon knew that Yoona grew indifferent when they came to see her. She was now becoming the person her family was falsely portraying her and how Hyoyeon wished she was there to save her cousin.

 

But the blonde shortie knows that she was not destined to wake Yoona up—someone else is meant for that. And thanks to the heavens, her prayers came true in the form of Kwon Yuri.

 

Kwon Yuri…

 

That girl is now a part of their cousin’s life and her new found refuge—and Hyoyeon will do anything to let Yoona maintain her savior.

 

“There she is.” Hyoyeon announced, a smile of relief escaping .

 

Hearing this, Yoona hastily turned her head and saw the person she has been missing.

 

Yup, there she is.

 

Yuri was gracefully doing a butterfly when Yoona landed her eyes on her. The tanned president was too occupied in doing the cool movement as the cold water continued to wet her face and body. The pool seemed so deep from the place where the cousins were standing and Yoona wondered if Yuri was not scared of drowning in the bottomless pool.

 

“See? You’re princess is fine Yoong…” Hyoyeon smiled, patting her dongsaeng’s shoulder gently.

 

This will be the second time Yoona will be seeing the tanned president in her swimming trunks and in her swimming movement. She recalled that the first time she saw Yuri swim was months ago and she completely remembered the awe she felt as she saw the girl dip and sway through the waters.

 

It was as if seeing a mermaid in the university’s Olympic-sized pool.

 

“Go talk to her kid. I’ll be waiting outside.” Hyoyeon ruffled her dongsaeng’s hair and ambled away with a motherly-like smile. It was as if seeing her own child grow up, the shorty thought.

 

With Hyoyeon now gone, Yoona was still glued to her position—stuck staring at the glamorous mermaid in the water.

 

She was hesitant to approach her, afraid that she will disturb Yuri during her practice. One specific trait of Yuri is never to be bothered when she is totally engulfed into something she is doing, that’s what the doe-eyed girl learned throughout the time she was with the Kwon.

 

But little did the Im know that the tanned swimmer is actually thinking about her—her Im Yoona.

 

Yuri wanted to drown herself in the water in the hopes of forgetting what happened this morning—with Jessica.

 

Jessica kissed her. On the lips. Her lips.

 

The lips that was supposedly to be sealed by her Yoona only.

 

Yuri doesn’t know but, it feels like she cheated on the doe-eyed girl. She knew that she never backed away from the little peck and the black pearl is feeling guilt all over her.

 

She knew it was wrong—Yuri knew it. She should have never let Jessica do that—unless she wanted it.

 

But no! She did not like it (no offense Jessica) the way it feels like when her lips would brush against a specific deer’s. Her heart felt it too—that’s why she is burdened now.

 

Especially when she would remember the little argument she and Yoona had this morning. She is beyond anxious how she will be able to face her lover later at home.

 

So Yuri made another round of strength-filled lash on the water, her lungs hastily inhaling the necessary amount of air before the Kwon can even plunge her head back into the water.

 

Yet, before she can even dip her head back, a scrawny figure is suddenly visible in her line of sight. A walking deer is slowly approaching her and that act itself made the swimmer’s heart to skip a beat.

 

Yoona…

 

Realizing that the girl was actually the very person who was running in her mind for the entire day, Yuri hastily swam towards the edge of the pool and pulled herself up.

 

She took off her goggles and there it was.

 

Doe-eyes meets Brown orbs again.

 

Only this time, the intensity between the stare was fiercer and more passionate.

 

They need not to speak a thing as their eyes already speak for themselves.

 

I missed you…

 

Gradually, Yoona let her feet drag her towards the drenched kkab. Her doe-eyes were shimmering as she made her pace, making sure that every less distance between them will be memorable.

 

Meanwhile, Yuri’s heart started to race. It was as if she had been running for the past hours; and she is a swimmer. Ambiguous metaphor, yes?

 

Yup, the Kwon knows that.

 

But whose brain won’t fail when an angel is already before you—more so of the thought that this angel is the very person who completed the missing part of your life you doesn’t even know was missing?

 

And Yoona and Yuri stared.

 

They stared at each other as if there was no time that ticks but their eternity; no other people in the world but them; no troubles to face but their future—only Yoona and Yuri.

 

Only them and nothing else.

 

Yoona now scooted even closer and surrounds her lover around the dry towel she grabbed. Her fingertips longingly grazed over the clothed shoulder of the Kwon as she kept her eyes locked on the girl’s.

 

Yuri remained still, doesn’t know what to do or say with the proximate distance she and Yoona have.

 

Even with months of being together, the doe-eyed girl still has this effect on her. And Yuri doesn’t mind.

 

And before the Kwon can utter, Yoona gently beat her to it, with the simple yet meaningful words only both of them can fully understand.

 

“Let’s go home”

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yoona and Lee Seunggi break-up news, Lion Heart MV teaser, and upcoming You Think MV teaser later at 12AM KST???

 

I was never better!! :D

 

As a hardcore YoonYul trooper, I am more than pleased than disappointed to hear YoonGi breaking up. Now, I will patiently wait for Yuri’s break-up news to come out :D Wahahahaha! But seriously though, I’ll do it :D

 

No offense for YoonGi and YulHwan (am I correct with this?) shippers out there ^_^V

 

Oh well, I am in this ship for like three years now and just like my golden rule says: Good things come for those who wait :) And it pays off well. Oh how I love YoonYul. Kekeke ^^

 

Thank you for waiting on my update guys :) I decided to make this one a little less complicated to celebrate the oh-so-good-news that came this week :P Kekeke. I cannot thank you individually but A BIG THANKS for the continuous subscriptions, comments, views and upvotes on this fic my dear readers—including the silent ones :D I used to be like you, too :)

 

MIDTERMS will be this coming week so I will not be able to update my other fics folks. I apologize in advance. But I assure you I’ll start working on them after this hell-of-a-coming-week and I’ll be thinking about you guys too :)

 

OOPS! My author’s note became too long. Sorry about that. I just missed you so much and all. Kekeke ^^ Thanks for reading! SNSD and YoonYul fighting! God bless! ^^