Lovely Tiger

The Beauty In You

The sun was warm on Taekwoon's skin when he woke up, his lover's arms wrapped tightly around him. They often took turns holding one another, though it was getting harder for Hakyeon to hold Taekwoon with his belly slowly swelling. They were expecting twins, two little girls that were going to be named Ren and Minki. 

Taekwoon gently unwrapped Hakyeon's arms from around his sides and he turned over to look at him. Hakyeon was beautifully tan despite the nearing winter. His frame was small, something Taekwoon loved because it made him feel like he needed to protect his lover. Taekwoon looked down and smiled at Hakyeon's baby belly, knowing his little girls would grow strong and healthy. He gently slid down the bed and kissed the bump, 

"Appa loves you.."

Hakyeon stirred a bit, and managed to smile.

"Taekwoonie.."

He looked to Hakyeon's face, listening to his sleepy tone.

"I have to pee, very badly. Please help me up."

It wasn't so much as Hakyeon needed help, he just knew Taekwoon /wanted/ to help. He smiled when Taekwoon pulled him up gently and then guided him to their master bathroom.

"Thank you Woonie~"

He gave him a quick peck on the cheek before going and freshening up in the bathroom.

Hours later, Hakyeon decides that he needs to go on a walk. So, Taekwoon lovingly dresses him up in a nice coat before they go out. The wind is chilly, nipping at Hakyeon's nose but he doesn't mind. He loves this time of year, it makes him happy. His little ones will be born around February, and the excitement is there. At least it was, until he hears this tiny mewl that makes him stop walking. He hears it again, this sad and scared sound that breaks his heart.

Taekwoon stops walking,

"Hakyeon?"

Hakyeon wrinkles his nose, and scuttles towards the river in the park. It's flooded by now, due to all the rain and slush, but he can see the maker of the tiny mewls. A kitten, so tiny and frail, holding onto a branch that isn't going to hold. To Hakyeon, that kitten is a baby. A baby in distress, and any good umma with instincts knows to help a baby. So he doesn't even answer Taekwoon before he strips off his coat and sloshes into the water.

The water is cold and the current strong, but Hakyeon is determined to save the baby. The branch gives way, and Hakyeon lunges to catch the kitten before it gets swept away. Luckily, it also saw him and tried to wiggle to him, so he gets it just in time.

By now, people have gathered on the shore of the river and Taekwoon is all but leaping in after him, despite fearing water.

"Hakyeon!"

Hakyeon smiles softly, and lets Taekwoon and some other strangers help him from the freezing water.

"What were you thinking?!"

Hakyeon tucks his new kitten to his chest,

"He's just a baby Taekwoon.."

Taekwoon is leading him back towards their home, or their car specifically.

"So you needed to go get him?"

"I couldn't let him drown.."

~*~

On the leap year, Hakyeon has his healthy twin baby girls. Their new babies get to go home after a few days, and right away their kitten, promptly named Tiger in honor of the wild cat theme they have going on, comes to greet them. He's got an adorable stumpy tail, and it wags in excitement when Taekwoon and Hakyeon let him see the pretty girls. Their family is complete now<3