october 4, 2014

Drabble.

october 4, 2014

he woke up with a start; disoriented and unfamiliar. awakening his mind, he slowly opened his eyes, only to remember why he was feeling discomfort around his eye lids. he had cried himself to sleep a few hours ago because, once again, his birthday plans became a failure amongst his friends. all he wanted to do was spend time with his close friends at the Aquarium, but one recently took up a part-time job housesitting because he needed extra cash, and another had other personal priorities to attend to.

Donghae was over the upsetting turn of events now, much to his appreciation. he couldn't stop crying earlier. now, however, everything seemed null.

checking the time, he groaned. it was 01:27. he checked his phone to see if anyone contacted him while he was passed out. no one. subconsciously, he sighed and proceeded to scroll through his social medias: instagram, facebook, and twitter. finding nothing interesting, he pondered interest in watching a couple ographic clips. a few minutes into the first clip, and a hand his limp in attempts to arouse it, he quits. queuing up a series of fan fiction about him and his best friend, he scrolls through a few of them, remembering the plots for some and wondering why he started reading for others. when his head started to ache a bit, he checked the time again. 03:19.

he rolls around on his bed, trying to get comfortable. he reminds himself he has one appointment at 12:00 before attending a friend's relative's wedding at 15:00, and he'll probably be forced to stay up late because his friends want to go out to eat. and then, he has to get up early the next day to drive three hours to visit his mother. he needs to sleep, or he knows he's going to act like a stereotypical female starting her menstral cycle throughout the day.

approximately an hour later, he's still awake. he propped open his netbook and started typing whatever came to mind in hopes to write himself to sleep, which obviously did not work. he stared at the time posted in the corner of his electronic's screen. another sigh escapes him.

he peeked over at a spot next to his bed, where Bada laid. she was awake, aware of his discomfort during this particular night. he reached down and her, assuring her he was all right. with that, she closed her eyes and drifted back to sleep. Donghae smiled a little.

prompting back to his netbook, he stared at the time again. 04:28. with another sigh, he saved his work and shut the electronic down. setting it aside, he adjusted his alarm to wake him in a few hours and rolled around so he was facing away from the devices. much to his dismay, he sighed again, and closed his eyes. he felt the slumber slowly creeping up on him.

soon enough, he drifted back into sleep.