Prologue

The Diary of a Professional Fangirl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Created February 4th of 2014

Prologue:

 

    “I NEED THERAPY LA LA LA LA THERAPY!” I sang at the top of my lungs into my vanity mirror holding my brush to my face as a microphone.

 

 

This was my life; singing VIXX songs, watching VIXX music videos, listening to VIXX, watching VIXX TV, watching VIXX on TV, reading and writing fanfiction, and well anything else that had to do with VIXX or just Leo. I don’t have any friends at school, not because I’m shy, but just because I haven’t really made any efforts. My life was really just VIXX. I guess you could say they were my only friends.

 

 

“I’m home!” called my mother as she entered our house.

 

 

I just ignored her, it was 1:30 am and she was out late with her boyfriend, James, again. I just sighed and climbed into my queen size bed with my laptop. I figured that I should just work on the next chapter of a Leo one-shot I had began to write.

 

 

“Effy! Can you please come down?” she called. “I have some very important news to tell you.”

 

 

I grumbled, but got up. I could almost smell the alcohol radiating off of her as I made my way downstairs to the kitchen where she was most likely to be.

 

 

“What?” I say as soon as I see her looking for some advil in her drunken state with a big smile planted across her face.

 

 

“Darling! James and I are getting married!  Isn’t that fantastic? He’s so freakin rich! I won’t have to work anymore. It’ll be everything I ever dreamed of,” she giggles in her intoxicated state.

 

 

James. Married. Those words ring through my head like a broken record that’s obnoxiously loud. I want to scream at her, but my lack of confidence and shy-ish demeanor prevent me from doing so.

 

 

Everything she ever dreamed of. All those years spent together before dad died must mean nothing to her. I’m disgusted. After he died, she had turned into a complete waste.

 

 

All I want is to run away from this infuriating scene.

 

 

So I did just that.

 

 

I backed away from her, grabbed my shoes by the front door and left. I heard her call my name.

 

 

She called my name once.

 

 

It wasn’t enough in comparison to everything; and she had already passed out from the alcohol consumption.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter