Yellow

Yellow

 


Minhae got up as she heard her alarm rang, signalling that it was her first day in a new school. She got up, feeling aches all over as she hates foreign beds. Minhae and her dad moved back to Korea just right after the divorce of her mum and dad. She rubbed her eyes and head to the kitchen.

"Oh Minhae, you're up? " Mr Lee, her beloved father placed his newspaper down and she nodded while brushing her teeth.


" Okay... here we are Ms. Lee. " The chaffeur stopped at a school.  Minhae sighed at the sight of it and pulled her backpack closer to her shoulder. He got up and opened the door for her as she turned to her chaffeur and softened her smile, " Thank you. " The chaffeur bowed and left.

Here we go.

She took a deep breath and walked to the office.


" Here is your schedules and your locker.... Okay its just one level up and straight ahead... The second locker infront of the toilet. Yup, thats about it . Any questions? " Your homeroom teacher, Mrs Kim looked up while pushing up the spectacles slightly. " Nope, I got it! Thanks for your help, Mrs Kim " As Mrs Kim was about to open to speak, the bell rang. " Ah its time to go to our class. Follow me. " We both got up and I followed her. I straightened my uniform and walked into the class. " Okay class, listen up ! We've got a new student here ! Introduce yourself, dear. " I nodded and bowed, " Annyeonghaseyo , I'm Lee Minhae. I'm half Korean, half Japanese and I just got here yesterday. Please take care of me. " I gave a warm smile and I already heard some whispers about me. Gosh, when will it ever stop? " Okay Minhae, you can sit at the empty seat between Tae- V and Jhope. " I nodded and shuffled my way at the two who waved their hands to signal. " Hi ! Minhae right? " I nodded. " Jhope and V ? " Both of them nodded. What a weird street name, but I just shrugged it off. It was kind of awkward at first, but as the classes go on, we discussed and asked questions and soon got comfortable around each other.


The bell rang, it was lunch break. Minhae had no one to go with, so I suggested that she should go with Taehyung and I .

"Ayo, what's poppin? " My eyes spotted Bangtan as I walked towards the cafeteria. Taehyung and I sat down with the other 4 boys. I looked at Minhae and Taehyung motioned her to come forward. She eased her shoulders and shuffled to our table. " What, this is your new girl? " Jin hyung teased Taehyung. " Hyung! She's our new seatmate. " Minhae looked in confusion. She just stood there, I admired her figure and her priceless expression. Hah, how cute.

 

Wait.... what?


"This is a new girl in our class, Minhae. Minhae, this is Rapmonster, Jin, Suga, and Jimin. " " Wow.... Why do most of you have weird names. " She scratched her head in confusion, " Suga is a cool name though. Nono, all of your names are cool. So... are you guys dancers and rappers or something? " She teased. " Well, bingo. Yeap we are . We are called Bangtan Boys." Rapmonster clicked his fingers and winked.  " Seriously ! " Her eyes brightened as she replied amusingly. Everyone's faces were serious and she understood the situation and kept a straight face. Suga laughed, " Your friend's cute. Ah, should we go buy some food now? "


"I'm so full ! Thanks for such an enjoyable lunch, the both of you. " Minhae turned to look at the boys as she smiled brightly. Taehyung's eyes softened, " No problem buddy, you can always sit with us. " He ruffled her hair, " Aish! Dont make me embarrassed ! " Minhae pushed his hands away and Hoseok laughed at the scene. " Anyways, what class are we having now? " " Maths ! It's the last class." Minhae looked at the schedule and turned to Hoseok who asked the question. " Ah, we are having different class. The both of us are having Geography. " " Jinjja? " " Yup, should we bring you there? " Hoseok asked sincerely. She bobbed her shoulders up and down and followed their lead to her maths class. The three of them came to a stop at a classroom, " Here it is. " " Thanks guys ! See you tomorrow, I guess. " The boys nodded and walked back to their geography class. Hoseok looked back to see if she got into her maths class safely.

 

" You like her dont you, hyung? "


I got into the class and found an empty seat at the back of the classroom. As soon as I sat down, the bell rang and students started filling up the seats. Hm, looks like no one would seat with me. Thats fine, though. I sighed with a slight smile as the teacher got in. I got ready my maths stuff and the teacher started teaching.  " Sorry I'm late. " A guy's voice distracted my concentration on the teacher and I turned to him instead. " Go and sit at the empty seat there. " The teacher pointed with her marker and continued teaching again. I scoffed as he looked at me with a smirk. This guy must be a player. I looked back at my textbook as he pulled the chair and sat beside me. " What, youre not looking at me? " As expected. P L A Y E R. I shrugged my shoulders and started the practice the teacher instructed us to do.


Minhae felt a nudge on her shoulder and instictively turned around. She took out her spectacles, " What isit? " " I need help in this question. I dont really understand... " Minhae smiled at the confused Jungkook as she explained how to solve these simultanious equations. As she was explaining, " You havent tell me your name yet. " Jungkook pouted. " How am I supposed to not know your name when I'm going to be seated with you for the whole year? " Minhae blinked at the question and scoffed, " Its Minhae. Lee Minhae. " She instinctively took out her hand. Jungkook brightened and introuduced himself as well, " Jeon Jungkook. " The both of them shook hands.


I felt a werid yet a warm spark go through my body. Maybe Jungkook's just a normal guy afterall, like Jhope and V. Soon enough, the class ended. First day of school and there's already alot of homework. Well, that's fair enough since I dont really have anything to do after I go home anyways. I felt a tap on my shoulder. "See you tomorrow, Minhaeyaa~~ " I turned around to see Jungkook pushing his delicate bangs away while smiling brightly. Ah, he's really an idiot, isn't he. I smiled and waved back as I saw him walked out of the maths class. I packed my bag and left to put the unnecessary subjects' textbooks in my locker. I closed my locker with a lock, and when I was about to walk straight, " Omo, you scared me ! " A tall figure with brown hair stood infront of me. I looked up to see Jhope smiling sneakily. I lightly smacked his hand, "What's with you, sneaking around like that?" "Ah, right. Where's V and the others? " I adjusted my backpack and walked together with him. " They went to the skate park. I was too tired dancing till late last night so I decided not to join. " I finally understood. " So you want me to walk you home ? " Jhope chuckled at my dense personality. "No, I want you to follow me to my favourite cafe." What fo- " " Just come. " Jhope pulled my hand as soon as we got out of the school.


I pulled Minhae to the nearest yet the best cafe place ever. I stopped at our destination. "Omo, this place looks good. " She nodded her head in sastisfaction as she opened the door to the cafe. We stopped at the counter, " What do you want to have? " " Hmm.. 1 camarel macchiato and 2 chocolate chip cookies. " I looked at her in surprise,  " Wow, I didnt know you were such a big eater. " Minhae rolled her eyes, " I'm a big eater at sweet stuffs. "


I felt a vibration in the pocket of my skirt, Oh right! My chaffeur is supposed to pick me up after school! I picked up my phone, " Hello ! " "Ms. Lee, I've been looking all over for you, where have you been ? " "Ah... That is.. Ah... I- " " Hi, Minhae is out with her boyfriend. Can you dont disturb our moment please? " My phone got snatched from Jhope. He hanged up just as immediately and smiled sneakily, " I was good, was I? If any boys disturb you again, tell me alright? " I blinked at his relaxed expression. Those words was said nonchalantly, but why does it warm my heart? I smacked his arm lightly, " Yah! That was my chaffeur. Thanks alot ! " His smile fell off. " Cha- Chaffeur? Omg Minhae! You didnt tell me you were that rich ! " I smacked his arm again. This kid. Why do I seem to be liking his tease? Ugh, whatever. I shook my thoughts off and turn to Jhope again.


Its about time for the sun to start setting. Jhope and Minhae were in the cafe for awhile now, talking about themselves and having fun. They now could be considered friends, or even best friends. The cafe was near to the sea, so they could see the sunset even from the cafe. " Wow, the sun's really orange-y today. " Minhae stared at the beautiful dark orange sun, with immensed eyes. " Mmhmm. " Jhope stared as well, but turned to look at how perfect the sun shine on Minhae, revealing her big round hazel eyes, her perfect nose shape that and of course her flawless skin. Jhope softened as he stared. Minhae felt someone's gaze at her and turned around to find Jhope's warm fixed gaze. She coughed, "Wha- What are you looking at? " Minhae's voice woke Jhope into reality. " I'm sorry. It's getting dark, should I bring you home ? " " If you want. " They both thank the waitress, got up and walked their way to Minhae's house.


"So here it is. " Minhae pointed at that big house down the street. I scoffed, " Are you- You expect me to believe that? " Minhae pouted and looked at me with a serious expression. My jaw dropped. Minhae giggled, " I'll better get going now. See you tomorrow, Jhope ! " She waved. " Ah- Call me Hoseok. My real name is Jung Hoseok. " She smiled. " Alright, see you Hoseok-shi! "  I waited for her to go into her house safely. I smiled, what a nice day afterall huh?


Months passed, I got close to both Bangtan and Jungkook. Jungkook was in another dance group named Block B. Well , Bangtan and Block B seemed to be enemies, and apparently it seems that I'm the middleman. It was finally summer break. Finally a break from all the homeworks, huh. I rested on my bed, oh yes, I got used to my bed too, hehe. I stared at the ceiling, what am I going to do today? I felt a vibration coming from the top of my study desk. An incoming text from Jungkook, " Hey, wanna hang out today? " Why so random ? I laughed at his silly text. Oh right, Jungkook and I..... I have a mini crush on him. Just a mini. But I couldnt really get close to him except for Maths and Chemistry class because the Bangtan Boys were very protective of me and always warned me not to be close to Block B. But well, I guess hanging out with Jungkook is not a bad thing right? Besides, he's really kind and not a bad guy. So why not? I replied to his text and immediately got a reply afterwards. "Great. So Ilsan Mall @ 3 ? ;) " I checked the time, 2.30pm. Yup, enough time. I took out a baby blue dress and my blue flats and wore my spectacles. I adjusted my bangs, smoothen out my hair and wore a headband to add a little bit of style. Since Ilsan mall its quite far, I asked my chaffeur to drive me there. 


Minhae's late where is she? I stood at the entrance infront of the mall so that she'll notice me. I hope she likes the gift, though. I looked at the bag and bit my lip slightly.


The car stopped right infront of Ilsan Mall. 3.05, I'm late arent I? I thanked my chaffeur and looked around to find Jungkook. "Minhae ah ! " I felt someone held my waist. I spun around to see Jungkook's bright smile. "Annyeo- " Jungkook pulled me into a tight hug. " It's been awhile. " " What do you mean, summer just started, idiot. " He was just merely teasing me. " Well, youre kind of late, but lets go and catch our movie ! " "Movie? " He nodded as he pulled my hands to the movie theater.


Jungkook and Minhae both shared a bag of popcorn and a drink, like what Jungkook has planned. Jungkook liked Minhae since she came into the school, but had no chance to confess to her since Bangtan had always been protecting her. Jungkook stared at her side profile and smirked. His hand instictively wrapped around Minhae's shoulder. Minhae blinked her eyes and turned at Jungkook, and when she was about to open to speak, Jungkook just put his finger on her lips, signalling her to keep quiet. She awkwardly leaned back, and was like that until the end of the movie.


"Lets go grab some ice cream. " We got bored of the mall and we decided to walk at the park instead. Jungkook forced me to sit down while he ordered and paid for the ice cream. Such a gentleman, isnt he? I shook off my thoughts as Jungkook approached me and passed my favourite strawberry ice cream. "So, what do you plan on doing this summer break? " I asked casually."More dates with you? " I coughed out some of my ice cream. "What? " Jungkook has always been teasing me like this, I really wonder what's his ulterior motive, seriously. " Didnt you hear? Oh and anyways, this is considered our first day. " I rolled my eyes and laughed at his idiotic move. It was about the time the sun was going to set. We sat below a tree and watched the sun set. It reminds me of my first day at school.

FLASHBACK

Wow, the sun's really orange-y today. " Minhae stared at the beautiful dark orange sun, with immensed eyes. " Mmhmm. "

END OF FLASHBACK

I laughed at the thought of it, which only I can hear, I suppose. Jungkook leaned on my shoulders, "Mmm, its really nice. " I got up , " What. Now youre using my shoulders too ? " I suddenly thought of an idea.


Minhae got up and crossed her arms. Wait, is she angry? She walked towards the sea and stood infront of it. I slowly walked towards her, giving her some peace as I shuffled beside her. "Gotcha! " She splashed the sea water on my clothing. I stared blankly at her. She laughed so hard until she got on her knees. I smiled at how cute she was and decided to splash some water back at her.


"You got me all wet! " Minhae whined as the bus stopped at her bustop. "Said the one who started it~ " Jungkook teasingly said while they both tapped their cards. It was a nice walk home, Minhae complaining about how she got wet and how it was all Jungkook's fault and while Jungkook basically winning all their arguments. " 3 for Jungkook and 0 for Minhae. " " I dont feel like talking to you anymore. Pfft. " Jungkook walked infront her , making her stop. They both arrived at a dark alley, just below Minhae's house. Jungkook smiled, looking sincerely into her eyes. Well, thats what Minhae thinks. Jungkook held her hand gently to lead her to nowhere. As Jungkook got closer , Minhae stepped back. She was surrounded by a wall at the back and she couldnt step back anymore. Jungkook leaned closer. Feeling scared, she turned her face to the other side. Minhae got the courage to speak, "Jungkook wh- " " You really think I was that kind of guy, huh? " Jungkook had a dark gaze in his eyes, he grabbed the hands of Minhae and leaned his head forward, reaching her lips. Minhae couldnt get her hands out of Jungkook's reach. Their lips met. Jungkook ped the back of her dress. Minhae's eyes widened, but was unable to speak as her lips was pressed with Jungkook.


"Just what do you think youre doing? " A man's voice shouted from across the alley. Minhae saw a very familiar looking figure, and as soon as it got closer, she saw Hoseok, with a fierce glare in his face. Jungkook smirked and left Minhae behind. Minhae broke down, speechless. She covered her body with her arms. Hoseok punched Jungkook as soon as he got closer to him. Jungkook wasnt as strong as he looked. He backed off slowly with a regretful face.


I bend down and carassed Minhae's face, " Are you alright? " Her face was full of fear, anger and confusion. She finally got the courage to look at me in the eye, and started breaking down again once she saw my worried eyes , I patted her back, allowing her to cry on my shoulders.


Minhae adjusted herself as Hoseok followed her to her house, just to make sure she got home safe. " It's really embarrassing, why did I do that? " Minhae broke the silence. " And you went out with that jerk instead of me? " Minhae stopped and looked at Hoseok blankly. "You supposed to meet up with me at Gangnam, remember..? " She traced back her thoughts and finally remembered. " I'M SOO SORRY... I- " "It's fine. " Hoseok's face softened. They both stopped infront of her house. "Well, this is for you. " Hoseok shyly passed her a gift bag, made entirely from him. She thanked him and got home safely.


I bathed two times cleanly tonight ad I didnt want anything to remind me of today's incident. I dried my hair while returning to my room. A bright red gift bag caught my eye. I wonder what Hoseok gave to me. I opened the gift bag and saw a beautiful yellow ombre dress which look just right for my size. I smiled, he's too kind. I looked at the gift bag again to see a yellow card.

" I know this is really awkward and all... But I've come to like you after all these months we've spend together. And the reason I bought this dress, is because of... the cafe sunset- watching "date " we had a few months back. I'd bet you look good in it. That being said, would you be my girlfriend? "


Author's note :TADAAAA ~ It's done! Oh, I apologise for the being so small. I dont know why I can't add it as a put it as a poster.. Haven't been writing since a looong time, so hopefully I'll have enough time to write with the exception of not having a writer's block, of course. Comment below if you want this to be a fic/ want a sequel hehhe. BTW!!!! Any SG ARMYs here? UGH I'm not going to TRBSG though, even though I really want to ! Hopefully my mum allows me to do some part-time work and I'll earn money and buy the TRB ticket T-T AND BIGBANG IS COMING TO SG TOO UGHHHHHHHHHH 

 

PS; JOIN MY POLL IF YOU WANT TO SEE A SEQUEL TO YELLOW !! CLICK HERE

 

Anyways, really really hope you enjoyed this oneshot! Comment and give me encouragement to write more, kekeke. I would be writing a Jimin oneshot soon too! So please anticipate it!

 

xx, 

 

baekhyunish