Meeting Omma

Is She My 'Joy'?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'CLANG! CRACK! THUMP!'.

'Oh my, I bet I won't recognise the kitchen next time I enter it.'.

I kneeled on the couch to take a peek at Mom.

"Omma, do you need any help?".

I asked worriedly. Omma is never good with housework. I did the housework most of the time after we lost a husband and a father in our house. Omma is always busy with work so I am responsible to take care of the house hold. That is also one of the reasons that I don't have time for friends and stuff. Not that I have any that is.

"Nah, it's okay Sung Jae-ah. You go and watch the tv or something. Just a bit mor- WOAH!". Then I heard a loud noise.

'CLANG! CRASH!'.

"Omma?!". I rushed to her.

When I reached the kitchen.

"A-Ahaha..". I saw Omma's sitting on the floor while covered in flour.

One of her hand was rubbing her head, maybe she stumbled upon something.

"It's okay! I'm okay, Sung Jae! H-Hahaha!". Omma said nervously as she flustered.

"Wow, the floor sure is slippery!". She added, continuing her awkward laughs.

'The floor is just fine Omma.'.

I smiled to myself as I helped Mom to get onto her feet. Slightly brushing her hair to get her off of the flour. Omma gave me the brightest smile ever to show that she's fine. Being able to see that, I guess I am the luckiest son in the universe. I pulled her into a tight hug and whispered in her ear.

"..I miss you Omma.". She returned it lovingly.

"I miss you too idiot. I'm sorry if you ever feel lonely without me here. The work keeps on pilling every single day.". She said that letting a small sigh.

"It's okay. I understand.". I pulled away from her.

"So, how many days this time?". I asked her knowingly.

She usually stays for about three days.

"Hehe, I have to go tomorrow morning. The models these days are problematic. I need to recruit more.". Omma turned around to face the burning stove.

'I need to buy a new stove when she goes back to work.'.

"What's wrong with your models this time?". I asked.

"They were so demanding although they were just some amateur that I've picked on the streets.". Omma said darkly.

She's a CEO for a Modelling Agency. She's strict with her job. I wonder how she met my Dad.

"Well, good luck in your job~!". I smiled sheepishly.

I am quite childish sometimes but only in front of the people I know. 

In the corner of my eyes, I knew that a pair of eyes were staring at me hungrily.

Omma?". I called.

"Emm?".

"What is it?". I asked without looking at her.

"..Would you like to be a model Sung Jae-ah?". She asked me something that I have expected when she returns every time.

"No thanks.". I answered lazily.

"Awww Sung Jae-aaaaaaah~! You're as cruel as ever~!". She pouted.

"Still, no.". I will never change my mind.

"But Sung Jae! Don't you love your Omma, oh? This is the fifth time that I've asked you this! You're face is su-". She tried to persuade me in joining her agency.

"I love you Omma, but I love myself more. Besides, I'm not a guy that you can easily win with your old pick up lines. They are old style. I wonder how many guys or girls have fell for your tricks.". I snickered a bit, looking at my Omma who's quite annoyed now.

"Well, I have forty models now. I guess my pick up lines are still affective. For your information, that is how I seduced your father!". She exclaimed proudly.

'Appa, really? I pity you Appa.'.

Before I could answer her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter