Over a cup of coffee

Is She My 'Joy'?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Why did I ended up here?'.

I looked at my surroundings just to make sure that I fit in this awkward atmosphere.

"Hello, welcome to Elixir. May I take your order, please?", said an older woman which was the waitress at this grand coffee house.

"Yes, what do want Sung Jae-ah?". Soo Young said, putting her chin in her palm with a lovely smile on her face.

I answered her with a clueless face.

'What did she expects me to say in this situation?'.

I continued to shut myself up, tilting my head a bit while looking at her questionably.

"..cute..", she murmured quietly.

"Excuse me?". I asked her calmly.

She flinched a little before replying me, "No, it's nothing.", smiled again.

"Then, give us two cups of coffee, please. Thank you, that's all.".

'I better escape before things turn out badly.'.

"Umm, I think it's better for me to go. I got stuff to do at home, so will you excuse me.", as I tried to make my way out she took my hand firmly.

"You promised to walk me home.". She stated it clearly.

"I never promise you anything.". I said, looking away from her deep gaze.

I tugged my hand slightly.

"Can you let me go now? We got school tomorrow remember?".

I tried to give an excuse. But, she did not seems to falter even a bit.

This is the first time I see she is actually serious about something.

"Let's have our drinks first, then we can go home together.". She said lovingly.

'Is this a trick? Why would someone like her, talking to someone like me?'.

I sighed. "Okay but please, no more stops after this.", as I said this, I pulled the chair behind me and sat quietly.

"Yay~! Thank you Sung Jae-ah.". She said excitedly. I wonder how can she fixed that smile on her face.

"Excuse me, here are your orders.".

The waitress smiled while looking at us, teasing.

'This is so uncomfortable.'.

"Thank you.", I thanked her lightly.

I took a sip of the coffee when I heard a voice coming from Soo Young saying, "Sung Jae, will you go out with me?".

Thanks to that, I spurted the coffee in no time.

'WHAT?'.

I stared at her blankly. Giggles escaped her lips as she pulled out a napkin. Soo Young leaned forward towards me, reaching out her hand to clean the coffee that was dripping on my chin. Slowly, she cleaned the mess that I have made while whispering to me, "Is that a no?". Her delicate hands were still doing what they were doing and her eyes shifted from my chin to meet my eyes. Her face was red but still the bright smile never wore out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter