To Forget It

Rappers Got Married

After dancing to a few songs with Dongwoo, Hoya stopped to a halt and took a rather deep breath, flashing a smile to the other dancer.

“Nice. We’re not losing our skills,” he said.

“Why would we even lose it when we practice everyday?” Dongwoo laughed and walked over, smacking Hoya’s back in a friendly manner.

Hoya started laughing together with him, but stopped when he heard some noises outside the practice room. Dongwoo’s laughter eased as well, as he turned his head to the door and then looked back at Hoya questionably. The other dancer shrugged and they both walked to the door, curious to see what was happening.

It turned out that Woohyun had brought a stray dog home. And Sunggyu was nagging at him on how they couldn’t take care of a dog, properly feed it and take it on regular walks because of their busy schedule. But Woohyun didn’t seem to be listening at all.

“I’m telling you, we can’t let a dog stay in our dorm! Think about it a little!” Sunggyu rolled his eyes and pointed at the dog. “No one will have the time to take care of it!”

“I will! Since I brought it here, I’ll be having full responsibility for it,” Woohyun argued, holding the little dog in his arms securely. The dog was glancing between Woohyun and Sunggyu, obviously confused about the whole thing.

Sungjong jumped to the front and started petting the dog’s head playfully, smiling like nothing else in the world mattered. He looked genuinely happy.

“Sunggyu! Let’s keep him, please! I’ll help Woohyun take care of him, so please…” maknae whined, not taking his eyes off the animal.

Sunggyu sighed heavily and shook his head.

“We can’t do that.”

“Why not?” even Sungyeol decided to join into the argument and Sunggyu was the only one objecting the idea of keeping the dog in the dorm.

Hoya and Dongwoo didn’t say anything at all; they just observed the whole thing, betting on the outcome in their minds. And Myungsoo was nowhere to be seen, probably still in his room, though.

Finally, Sunggyu shrugged his shoulders and lowered his head.

“Well, whatever! I don’t care anymore. But do keep in mind that I won’t enough touch that animal. So don’t expect me to take care of him,” he said while looking at the ground and nibbled on his lower lip. “All of you are so irresponsible.”

After hearing the leader’s approval, Woohyun smiled from ear to ear, his eyes disappearing into the smile. And Sungjong took the opportunity to take the dog in his embrace, cuddling with it cutely. Everyone else was smiling while looking at the dog. If dogs had expression, it sure would have smiled as well.

However, Sunggyu wasn’t really happy about it. He had a feeling that Woohyun would direct all of his attention to the dog and he was afraid to lose the main vocalist’s company. Woohyun was so precious to him. He didn’t want to lose to a petty dog.

Suddenly Sungyeol raised his finger and grinned rather smugly.

“He needs a name!”

“Is it a girl or a boy?” Sungjong glanced at Woohyun, who was smiling proudly.

“Boy. He’s my boy.”

Infinite’s leader felt how his heart skipped a beat. Those words were like daggers, stabbing right in the heart. He felt tears starting to gather at the corner of his eyes and he couldn’t hold it in anymore. Silently, he retreated to his room while everyone was thinking names for the dog.

 “Candy!”

“Marshmallow!”

“Superstar!”

“Boogie!”

 “Miracle!”

“Devil!”

“Angel!”

“Superman!”

“DJ!”

Woohyun watched how Sungyeol argued with Sungjong, desperately trying to find a fitting name for the dog. It was rather funny how worked up they got about it. You could almost see the sweat on their foreheads from thinking too hard.

“Guys…” Dongwoo eventually interrupted them and raised his eyebrows. “I think we should let Woohyun decide on the name, since he was the one who brought the dog and all that…”

Hoya nodded, agreeing to Dongwoo’s idea. In the end, both Sungyeol and Sungjong gave up, patiently waiting for Woohyun’s brilliant idea. But Woohyun had no idea how to name the dog.

He looked at it curiously, wondering what kind of name would fit the dog well.

When he couldn’t decide on a proper name, he just decided to say a random thing that came to his mind in the first five seconds. He counted to three and…

“Woogyu!”

Four pairs of eyes landed on Woohyun and bore straight into him. He tensed up when he realized what he had just said. But it was no use trying to take back his words anymore.

“It doesn’t sound all too bad, does it..?” he asked, when he didn’t get any kind of response to his rather odd name.

“It sounds weirdly familiar,” Hoya bit his lower lip to prevent himself from letting out a chuckle. The names of Infinite pairings were well known to him and he knew exactly where this was going. “But I don’t mind it.”

Sungjong let out a sigh of exaggeration and rolled his eyes, disappointment taking over his perfect features.

“Well, my names were better than this.”

“Mine, too.”

Woohyun smiled apologetically to the two younger boys and shrugged.

“But the dog is mine, so the name is also decided by me. it up.”

Sungjong was about to argue, but Dongwoo cleared his throat loudly, acquiring attention from everyone, or rather, Woohyun, the owner of the dog.

“Where do you plan to keep him? In the room you and Sunggyu share? He won’t be too happy about that.”

The main vocalist frowned and shook his head, taking the dog from Sungjong’s arms and hugging it close to his chest.

“I’ll do something about it, don’t worry. Sunggyu will learn to love him,” he mused, messing up the dog’s fur.

The members exchanged glances, but nobody really wanted to say anything else. After all, Woohyun was the current owner of Woogyu. And they could only help him to take care of the dog, or watch over it when Woohyun would be busy.

Suddenly the doors to Myungsoo’s room opened and the boy walked out of it, ignoring the commotion in the living room. Only when a scent of an animal hit his nose, he quickly turned around to know where it was coming from. When he saw a dog in Woohyun’s arms, his eyes widened and his back hit the wall.

“Oh my god. What’s this?” he asked, scrunching up his nose.  He didn’t like the smell of it at all.

“A dog,” Woohyun replied. “He’s our family’s member now. His name is Woogyu. Say hi!”

Myungsoo just barely managed to suppress his disgust and waved his hand nonchalantly.

“I’m not into dogs, sorry.”

With that said, he quickly walked over into the kitchen, disappearing from their eyes.

Woohyun’s cheerful smile disappeared. He was expecting everyone to like the dog, but things weren’t going exactly as he wanted. Sungjong tried to brighten up his mood by making funny faces at him and the dog, but it didn’t seem to be working.

“Eck, I need to rest,” he finally shot coldly and skipped to his room without waiting for other members to speak up. Everyone in the room just shrugged at his weird mood swings.

“If he really wanted to use a couple name, he should’ve chose yadong,” Sungyeol murmured more to himself, but Hoya’s cold stare shut him up from blurting out more ridiculous ideas.