Preparations

Rappers Got Married

 

It was a bright morning- Okay, okay. It wasn’t bright at all.

Instead, it was raining and Sungyeol was staring outside the window with a blank expression on his face.

They were supposed to run away, buy something delicious to eat and discuss on how they would make YaDong official. But with that weather, all of their plans had been washed away by the rain.

“It’s not fair,” Sungyeol whined in a soft voice and poked the glass with his finger. “It’s as if someone’s against us getting them together.”

Woohyun lazily got up from the floor and walked up to the window, looking outside and obviously expecting for the weather to brighten up suddenly. But it didn’t. Disappointed, he glanced at Sungyeol and went back to his seat on the floor.

Nobody said anything else.

Sungjong gave out a faint sigh and wrapped his arms around Myungsoo’s shoulders, burying his face into the older male’s chest. Myungsoo didn’t make any move. He looked like he was sleeping with open eyes.

“Well, since Hoya and Dongwoo are in the practice room anyway, why can’t we discuss it here?” Sunggyu suggested, scratching the back of his head and throwing meaningful glances at Woohyun.

“If we don’t come back to the practice room soon, they might come here to scold us,” Sungyeol said in a monotone voice, still not taking his eyes off the window.

“Well then, we’re stuck,” Sungjong pouted his lips and let go of Myungsoo’s shoulders, dropping his hands to the floor lifelessly. “And we’re skipping practice.”

“Argh, really. Let’s just discuss it here and if someone notices them coming, let’s act like we’re talking about random stuff like… who stole Sungjong’s underwear or something?”

“Yah, Woohyun!” maknae snapped towards him and hit the older male’s shoulder. “Why my underwear? You always get yours stolen!”

“That’s not true!” Woohyun flailed his hands in the air like a mad man. “Sunggyu doesn’t steal my underwear, he just borrows it!”

After a minute, Sungyeol turned his head to look at the awkward group of people sitting on the floor.

“Nice one, Woohyun,” he said silently, holding in a chuckle, while Sunggyu failed to hide a blush on his cheeks.

Woohyun guiltily looked down at the ground, lacing his fingers with Sunggyu’s carefully, as if trying to apologize for that outcome of his miserable joke.

Sunggyu squeezed his hand softly and showed a forgiving smile.

“Anyway!” Myungsoo cleared his throat and pushed Sungjong aside, earning a displeased groan from the younger boy.

“So we already named them YaDong, which ironically means …” Myungsoo continued, forcing himself to ignore maknae’s cute puppy dog eyes.

“What a fitting name,” Sungyeol giggled excitedly and stepped away from the window, joining the others on the floor instead.

Sungjong almost instantly forgot about bothering Myungsoo and moved to sit closer to Sungyeol. The older male placed a hand on the top of Sungjong’s head, but his eyes were still glued to Myungsoo’s face.

“What do you think we should do to get them together?” Myungsoo asked. He was thinking about it too, but somehow getting the awkward couple to date officially seemed harder than they believed it would be.

“Well, they’re alone right now,” Sungjong pointed out and shrugged his shoulders. “Who knows what they might be doing.”

Sungyeol jumped up instantly, but Woohyun managed to catch the younger male’s wrist in his hands, dragging him back to the ground rather harshly.

“We won’t accomplish anything if we keep acting like this,” Woohyun said and helped Sungyeol to sit back up properly.

“They’re not that dumb,” Sunggyu started, but almost immediately took back his words. “Well, at least Hoya isn’t. He wouldn’t risk it to do anything if he knew we might come back any minute.”

Sungyeol poked the tip of his nose with his finger, acting like he was thinking of a solution when in his mind he only wanted to run there and see what the two were doing. But he had to overcome his curiosity and think through every move he intended to make.

For a few minutes the room was silent. Everyone was making their own thinking poses. Myungsoo bit his lower lip and opened his mouth to take a breath before voicing his ideas out loud.

“We could act like we have something to do on the day when we’re actually free and- Woohyun ate Sungjong’s underwear!”

Four pairs of eyes fell on Myungsoo, whose lower lip was shivering. His own eyes were glued to the figure in the doorway, which belonged to no other than Hoya.

“Woohyun ate Sungjong’s undies?” Howon asked, taking a step towards the group of people on the ground. “Is that the reason all of you are skipping important practice?”

“I didn’t eat anyone’s underwear!” Woohyun barked in an annoyed tone and stood up. “Let’s go, Hoya, can you show me the hip-ing move once again? I forgot how to do it.”

Hoya waved a hand in front of his face and plopped down on the ground.

“Don’t lie to me, Woohyun. You were the best at doing it. There’s no way you could have forgotten it.”

Woohyun closed his mouth when he realized they wouldn’t get away with such a simple lie. Howon was indeed smarter than they all thought he had been.

“There’s a meeting without me and Dongwoo… I wonder what you could be talking about…”

Sunggyu stood up after hearing Hoya’s words and looked down at him, testing the younger boy’s expression calmly.

“There’s a dance competition soon,” he started talking seriously and slowly. “We plan to let you and Dongwoo participate in it together, since you two are the best dancers in our group.”

Sungjong’s eyes immediately lit up and he raised his hand to ask for a permission to dance too, but Sungyeol was fast enough to restrict his movements and clasp a hand over the youngest male’s mouth.

“Seriously?” Hoya widened his eyes and a smile broke out on his face. He instantly forgot about them acting so suspiciously. He couldn’t be happier when he saw Sunggyu nod wordlessly.

While Howon was showing off his obvious happiness about Sunggyu’s selfish decision, Myungsoo placed his hand on the dancer’s shoulder and squeezed it enough to draw the boy’s attention.

“But there’s one condition. You have to prepare the dance yourselves, so that means we can’t help you with the choreography or even be in the same room when you’re practising it.”

Hoya nodded quickly, not thinking much about all the advantages he was giving them.

“Go and tell Dongwoo,” Myungsoo pushed the corners of his lips upwards and watched Hoya run out of the room impatiently.

Sungyeol then let go of Sungjong, who was about to lose his consciousness from not breathing for quite a long time. He shook his head slightly and gave Myungsoo a cold stare.

“You remembered about the room?” Sungyeol asked, pushing his lips forward and forming a pout.

He had once mentioned the dark room on the other side of mirror in the practice room. It was Sungyeol’s secret place, which Hoya had forgotten about. Or maybe he didn’t even know about it yet.

“I remembered that time when you were drunk, claimed to be homoual and tried to push me into that room to ‘make love’ with you.”

Sungyeol widened his eyes at Myungsoo’s words and so did the other three. He had no memory of doing such a thing, but he had a feeling that Myungsoo wasn’t lying. Sungyeol was a horrible drinker, thus it wouldn’t be a surprise it he had really tried to do that.

“What’s with the room?” Sungjong asked, trying his best to push away the curiosity of seeing Sungyeol drunk and not very sane. He had always wondered how he would act once he was drunk, but his hyungs were overprotective of him, so he never had the opportunity to overdose alcohol or try out some really strong drinks.

“It’s my secret room.”

Woohyun shrugged at Sungyeol’s words.

“It’s not that secret. I’ve been there once,” he said in a low voice, avoiding eye contact with anyone in the room.

“When I was drunk…” Sungyeol was about to slap his own forehead, but Woohyun quickly shook his head.

“No, no. I discovered it myself.”

Sungyeol showed obvious confusion on his face. He thought that room was really secret and nobody else but he and Myungsoo knew about it. But Woohyun was probably way too nosy.

After waiting for a minute, Woohyun decided to explain himself.

“You can get in if you touch a certain spot on the mirror, right?” the male looked down, not bothering to wait for an agreement. “Don’t laugh at me, but… One day I was practising French kissing and…”

Woohyun’s cheeks reddened and his voice suddenly lost its firm lowness.

“You were kissing the mirror and accidentally touched the certain spot with your tongue?” Myungsoo asked, not sure whether to laugh or be disgusted at the older male’s idea.

Woohyun nodded after a while.

It didn’t take too much time for Sungyeol to stand up and turn towards the door to their practice room.

“I won’t laugh at you, Woohyun, but you’re really funny sometimes. Making out with a mirror, god. What your girlfriend would think if she knew this…”

Woohyun gulped down the lump of uneasiness, which was stuck in his throat for quite a while, and messed up his hair nonchalantly.

And then Sunggyu was the one to change the topic.

“Umm… People. Aren’t you mad that I decided to let them dance without us in the upcoming competition?..”

Myungsoo and Sungyeol shook their heads. Woohyun shrugged his shoulders, looking somewhere else but not Sunggyu. And then there was Sungjong, who jumped up on his feet and crossed his arms on his chest, pouting out his lower lip.

“I wanted to dance! Why didn’t you let me join them?”

“You didn’t say anything, so I…”

Sungjong’s jaw literally almost reached the floor and he pointed his finger at Sungyeol, who couldn’t care less about what was happening in the room at the moment.

“He didn’t let me!”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and gently wrapped his fingers around Sungjong’s wrist, tugging on it slightly, just enough to catch his attention. When maknae looked down at the boy, he couldn’t resist Myungsoo’s gentle stare and without much resistance he gave up on the dance, settling beside Myungsoo instead.

“Okay, so…” Sungyeol moved closer to Woohyun and placed an arm around the older male’s neck. “I’ll show you the secret room once we get YaDong out of the practice room. They absolutely cannot know about it. And for now… We should just go practice our dances.”

Everyone in the room nodded in understanding.

They were about to leave, but Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun’s elbow and dragged him back to the room they were in, letting everyone else leave.

Woohyun turned around and cocked a brow at Sunggyu, who was looking at their intertwined arms. The younger male was about to ask what was wrong when Sunggyu decided to talk on his own.

“I… have something to tell you,” he said silently and Woohyun had to stop breathing to hear the leader’s words.

“Sure, I’m listening.”

“It’s not only YaDong I want to make official.”

Woohyun raised his eyebrows slightly and formed an ‘o’ with his mouth.

“Oh. Myungsoo and Sungjong would make a cute pairing,” he laughed happily, already having ideas on how to get them together.

“No, Woohyun. I’m talking about us.”