01. practice makes perfect

` Ignite the Reign #STORYSTARTING

 

  practice makes perfect.
    December sixth...
TnmV6KC.gif

Shortly after, from the 20 trainees, the 8 chosen trainees were selected. In groups of four, they were told that they unfortunately didn't make it. As for the chosen ones, they were gathered in a room with Soojoon and Charles.

"Hello everyone," the CEO blandly started off with, "You're all probably wondering why you're here today?"

"Well no ," Daeho scoffed under his breath.

Rina looked at the guy next to him and glared at him, "Seriously?" she shook her head, "Shut the up and listen."

"We're here to tell you that..." he dramatically paused. "You've all been recruited." He smiled at his new group, "Congratulations, you are all a part of Ignite."

In the midst of all the excitement, Soobin raised her hand to caught the CEO's attention. "Wait," everyone stopped, "So this group will be a co-ed group?"

"Unless all the guys are girls, then yes." Soojoon joked.

"Working with the ladies?" Jaesoon looked at the girl next to him, "I do not have a problem with that at all."

Choin chuckled, "Yeah right."

"I'll be giving each of your positions right now so if you could settle down." He turned to Choin, "Ahn Choin, you are the main dancer and leader so take care of the group."

Respectfully, she bowed at the CEO and his assistant, "Thank you so much. It is the greatest honor."

"Kang Daeho."

Upon hearing his name, he pulled away from the mini battle he was having with the girl next to him. "Yeah?"

"Change your tone," Soojoon demanded. "I don't like it."

"Well how exactly do you want me to speak?" he argued back.

"Not like before and most definitely not like now."

"You caught me at a wrong time."

"Well you shouldn't have been talking when I was."

Oh boy was the room growing more tense. Jooeun looked at them with wide eyes. Yongshin looking at his bandmate with concern of being dropped. Rina, she just shook her head. This kid.

"You are the lead dancer but before you practicing I expect that behavior of yours to be fixed. Friendly reminder, this group was originally seven. I can always cut you off and have Choin be the only dancer in this group."

Daeho bit back his comebacks.

"Bae Yongshin, you are the face of the group and will serve as the triple threat. As the face, you will serve as the group's representative so keep a good image."

"Thank you, sir." he answered with his Busan accent. "I'll work on my Seoul accent, in the meantime."

"No need. Girls love it." he reassured with a smile. This kid seemed so genuine, he knew it wasn't a mistake to put him in the group.

"Im Jooeun, you are the main vocalist and Bang Jaesoon, you will be the lead vocalist. Work well with each other to build a nice harmony." Wanting to move on quickly, he moved on to the next category, "Wesley, although you are the youngest, you are the main rapper. Jeon Rina you are the lead rapper and Min Soobin will the the sub rapper and vocalist."

Soojoon clasped his hands, "Now that we have established our groups, you must practice for your first ever performance: SBS Gayo Daejun."

"Gayo Daejun?" Jooeun blurted out, "That's only a few weeks from now!"

"Exactly why you all must start now. The next two weeks will be the most stressful and vigorous. There will be a lack of sleep and intense learning to come your way. Remember that you are Ignite, so represent yourselves well. Ahn Choin, you are the leader and the main dancer so I expect you to lead your group mates well."

 

Dancing was easy for him, but damn this was intense. It was a partner dance and he wasn't comfortable with dancing with girls, yet of course. He didn't want to come off too strong, but at this rate there was no time to waste.

"Woosuk and Soobin, clean up your dance." Choin critiqued, "There's too much space between you two, it looks unnatural." She turned to everyone, "Back from the top." she said as she walked back to Jaesoon.

"Can we take a break?" Yongshin asked, still bent over. He looked at their leader, "We've been doing this nonstop since this morning."

"I second that," Wesley said.

"You guys get up, this is crunch time. We can't afford to take breaks." Jooeun clapped her hands, "Everyoen on their feet."

Choin scoffed, honestly amused by this girl. She the music and got int he position with Jaesoon. "You look kinda pissed," he said so that only the both of them could hear. "Wanna talk about it?"

"Let's do this first, pretty boy."

 

Finally after two straight weeks of cutthroat practicing, the Gayo Daejun was here. Choin gathered her group mates together. There was only 10 minutes left before it was their turn to go up there and perform as a new and unconfirmed group.

"Okay everyone listen," Jooeun cut in before she could, "We're gonna go up there and make everyone know who Ignite is!"

"Hey sissy," Choin addressed her, "Cut the speech, this is my department." She looked at her members, "I know we did not have any time to get to know each other well, but tonight let's do what SM does best; adlib and faking relations. Yongshin," she said to the visual, "You go out there and flaunt that adorable dimple of yours and make them fall in love with you. Make them know who Yen is. Jooeun, you talkative , trap them with your loveable personality. Joey, you know what to do, make them swoon over you. Jae, show off your voice and don't screw us over, same goes for you Joo. Rin," she paused, "For the love of god just try to smile. And lastly Wesley," she sighed, "They love maknaes. especially giant ones like you so you just go there and make yourself known."

"Ignite," the PD called, "You're up."

Ian extended out her arm and huddled them, "We have been training for this moment for a long time and our time is now. Remember, we are Ignite so let's blow up the stage!"

 AUTHOR'S NOTE howdy so this is an official chapter. ignite hasn't exactly solidify as a group yet meaning they're not comfortable with one another yet, but that's for another chapter. i was suppose to add much more but let's save the good stuff for later.