Don't temp me.

Oh, my High school! (extended version)

 

“You’re late,” Dongho said but smiling when I approached him.

“Mianhae,” I answered, “I almost got hit by a fast white car.” He chuckled asked if I’m OK and put his arm on my shoulder. I froze again, but managed to shake off his arm. He stared at me and shrugged, “Are you sure you’re OK? I just said “I’m OK Let’s go.” And we walked together to the subway.

 

“Where are we going?” I asked him. He just shot me a glance and smirked, “Lee Ae Ra, you’ve asked that question three times already. I told you, it’s a surprise.” I pouted, “But I’m suspicious. You might bring me to dark place and…” And a teasing smile crossed his face. He let out a soft laugh and shook his head, “Don’t tempt me, Ms. Lee.”

 

I was caught off guard, my mind went blank again. “Uhm” is the only word I muttered. And he wore that smirk again, “You know, I like it a lot when you blush. You look cuter.” And I touched my left cheek. I had to look away because I can’t control the heat on my cheeks turning redder.

 

We arrived at a baseball stadium, I think. “Baseball stadium?” I asked him. He just nodded and smiled. My shoulder dropped. I’m no good at sports.

He made me sit on a bench. He ran to get some things from a rack and ran beside me.

 

He put a cap over my head. “There you go,” and a satisfied smile crossed his face. He seemed really excited about this. I just weakly smiled at him. Deep down, I was trembling. I should tell him.

 

“Uhm, Dongho, are we playing baseball?” I asked softly. He glanced at me, “Of course, that’s why were here.” I bit my lower lip, “Err, I,” I stopped. “I don’t play baseball… Or any sport.”

 

He didn’t answer, he just stared at me. Then the grin on his face came back, “That’s better. I can teach you. I’m the god of baseball, you know,” he said, raising his eyebrows. My worries disappeared. ‘Might as well enjoy this day with him,’ I thought to myself. “Let’s go,” he said, standing up and offering his hand to me. At first, I hesitated, but I smiled and took it.

 

The moment our hands intertwined, it felt… Right. It’s weird. I haven’t dated before. Does holding someone’s hands felt this was? Or is it because it’s Shin Dongho holding me? No, it must be the afternoon weather. Yes, that’s got to be it. Oh, who am I kidding? I know it’s because of two things: one, Shin Dongho is holding my hand and; two, I like him, and I really do.

 

He taught me how to play, well he tried to. But I was too clumsy to learn a single throw. But he didn’t get frustrated, thus, he just smiled and taught me patiently.

 

We noticed that the sun is setting, so we had to stop. We sat on the bench; he took a towel and wiped my sweat. I froze again but managed to smile and he smiled back at me. “You must be hungry,” he told me. He took my hand again and we ate at a cafeteria.

 

“Thank you and I’m sorry for at sports. Today was really fun,” I faced Dongho, smiling in front of my house. He insisted on taking me home. He put his hands in his pockets, and grinned, “You know what I really enjoyed this day?” I waited. “I held your hand more than you noticed,” he said, winking at me. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Lee,” and started walking away. I just stared at his back for a moment and came back to my senses. I ran after him, “Yah! Shin Dongho!” I shouted. He turned around and faced me with a smile, “Hehe, I knew you would get mad.”

 

I didn’t answer; instead, I tiptoed and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. I can tell he was taken by surprise. I can’t believe I did that too. I smiled at him. “Good night,” I said and ran towards my house, my smile not leaving my face. And he was left there, standing for a moment like a statue. Before I went inside the house, I glanced at him, and saw him smile and shook his head while he continued to walk away.