Amends

Can't Ever Replace You

Min Jong blearily shot her eyes open to the blurred numbers of her clock. 8:30. She cradled her head from a splitting headache. She shuffled to the kitchen where she blindly searched for some migraine killers. Opening it, she poured out a random number of pills and gulped some cold water. Usually, she would be diligent enough to read the directions on how many pills to take and whether or not to eat food with them. Now she didn't give a damn.

She hobbled her way dizzily back to the comforts of her bed. She wanted to be undisturbed for the rest of the day. The headache made her thoughts disoriented. Good. She wouldn't have thoughts about how Kyuhyun. She cuddled into the blankets. Facing the world was far from her mind as she fell quickly back to sleep.

 

Kyuhyun sat on his bed and stared at the ceiling, deep in thought. Being the maknae and all he should probably seek one of his hyungs for advice on how to deal with this delicate situation. But he thought it would be too awkward. What would they say? Would they make fun of him? Sharing your love life with your older hyung isn't easy as it sounds.

Before he could think badly of his decision, he opened the door to seek the first hyung he saw. Anyone would do. He just wanted to share his feelings to release the weight on his shoulders.

Unfortunately, most of the Super Junior members were off with a schedule that would keep them busy for the rest of the day. Because Kyuhyun didn't feel well and wasn't at his best, he was excused. He walked into the living room to see if anyone was there. No one. Kitchen? No one. Bathroom! Nope. He checked all the rooms, not caring about his rude behavior.

"Oh, Kyuhyun. What's up?" Leeteuk looked up from his book to greet the maknae.

"Hyung...can I share something with you? I need....um..." Kyuhyun looked down in embaressment.

"Advice?" Leeteuk filled in.

"Uh. Yeah."

"Take a seat. I'm all ears."

 

"Man. That's one screwed up situation you're in." Leeteuk commented after Kyuhyun told him the whole story.

"How do I get out of it?" Kyuhyun asked hopelessly.

"First off, do you really like Min Jong?"

"Yes."

"More than Mi Sun."

"Yeah." He replied quickly, without hesitation.

"But she's not replying back to you, correct?"

"Uh-huh."

"This will be difficult." Leeteuk rubbed his temples in deep concentration. "Maybe you can annoy her to the point where she'll hear you out? When speaking to her, I suggest that you apologize first.  I would feel miserable if someone dated me just because I looked like her dead boyfriend."

"And?"

"You're a Super Junior member!" Leeteuk retorted. "Use everything to the best of your abilities to win her back! She's special to you, isn't she?'

 

Kyuhyun shifted nervously in front of Mi Sun's tombstone.

"Uh, Mi Sun. Yeah, Kyuhyun here." Kyuhyun felt awkward talking to the stone, to be pretending that it was his dead girlfriend. But he would feel more at ease if he had some sort of closure with Mi Sun.

"Er, I found someone who looks exactly like you!"

There was a gap of silence before Kyuhyun continued speaking.

"But she's completely different from you! I feel ashamed that I would try to replace you with another girl who just happened to look like you. I really do. But...I really like her."

He couldn't believe he was confessing this, to a tombstone no less!

"I think I'll go after Min Jong. She's different, you know? A good different. Thank you, for giving me that extra push to go after other people. Without your message, I'd probably be stuck in a rut. Who knows? Maybe Min Jong and I will be happy together."

A peaceful wind carried some petals through the cementary.

"Even though you passed away a long time ago, I guess this is good bye. I'll meet you in heaven if I get in, huh? You can rest in peace." He placed a red rose on the tombstone carefully. "Good bye, Mi Sun."

The sun shined through dark clouds, like a sigh that Mi Sun was smiling down on him. He felt energized extremely. He felt he could do anything he wanted. Using this new energy, he walked towards Min Jong's apartment to apologize. And hopefully win her back.