Gerald 3

Because of You

 

I don’t want to look up. I see her walk in the room, and quickly look back down. I am a little surprised when she doesn’t sit next to me. Instead she takes a seat in the front row, next to Enchong of all people. The one guy she has to sit next to is now staring at her. He has that expression, like he’s thinking of something to say. This is the one time I wish I had moved up. I can’t hear a thing. I can only see her smiling back at him.

Now I’m getting pissed. Why in the world is she talking to him of all people? If she hates someone like me, Enchong is much worse. For some reason, I find myself hoping she won’t fall for his trap. That’s his specialty, lure them in, get them into bed, then dump them and let everyone know what they did. He;s such an about it. I like to have fun with the girls as well, but I was never the kiss and tell type.

I am going crazy the entire time, I can’t focus on Mrs. Lopez, I can’t focus on Sandra waving me down from the hallway as she passes. I keep my attention on her and Enchong the whole class. Once in a while, if she did, she doesn’t lean on. O don’t even know why I am staring, she acts like I don’t even exist. She isn’t  interested, why am I acting like she is something? I need to get this chick out of my head.

As soon as the bell rings, she’s off with Erich. I know I’ll see her in the cafeteria later, and seriously think of what will happen if I approach her. I decide it’s a bad idea. She sits alone, nibbling on her salad again, not paying attention to anyone. She doesn’t seem as serious today, very little black on, even her nails are colorless today.

Sandra is a little aggressive, obviously grasping the fact that the “new girl” is interesting to me. Normally, I wouldn’t mine and grab here and there, but I wasn’t interested today. I push her off, “Jeez, Sandra. Enough!” I yell louder than I probably I should’ve. “Excuse me?” She mutter. “I’m trying to eat, leave me alone. Go sit with your girlfriends, “I tell her, pointing my finger in the direction of the cheerleaders. “Fine. Jerk.” She storms over to the next table, giving me the finger.

I don’t care. I can’t risk Kim seeing the two of us together. I want to approach her, ask her anything, but find myself feeling like I am ten years old again. I am nervous as hell. I usually don’t go for her type, but for some reason she draws me in. It must be her cute, chinky, chocolate colored eyes. They are simply beautiful. Giving me the idea that she has some Chinese blood.

“Gerald, well the hell are you?” Rayver asks, waving his hand in front of my face. “What are you talking about?” I ask. He glances over Kim, rolling his eyes. “Bro, are you serious?” “What? She’s hot.” I admit, keeping my head down. “Whatever, man.” He laughs.