You Fused My Broken Bones Together

Take My Well Worn Hand

There was something calming about waking up on a Monday and knowing that you didn’t have anything to do, and Kyungsoo was thankful for it. The sun had just started to peek over the horizon when he stirred, feeling the warm body next to him steadily breathing. He needed to stretch out his achy muscles but he didn’t want to disturb Jongin, the taller man has been at dance practice all day yesterday and was exhausted when he finally got home, so he needed all the sleep he could get.

 

Sleep did not return to him, because he could hear the clock ticking loudly and the tap from the kitchen dripping onto dirty plates, but he didn’t mind. Yesterday had been the one year anniversary of the accident, and what Jongin and Kyungsoo liked to call their one year anniversary, because they didn’t really want to dwell on the bad things that happened on that day, but the good things that came out of it.

 

Whilst Jongin was at practice, Kyungsoo had been in the kitchen preparing a painstakingly complex meal for them both to enjoy. Cooking had quickly become his favourite thing to do, especially now that he didn’t have to attend college lectures everyday because he’d had to drop out. He’d managed to take some culinary classes to refine his skills, and he was now in the process of applying for a job as a chef at the family run restaurant close to his house.

 

When Jongin had returned, he kissed Kyungsoo like he hadn’t seen him in days. The smaller man was literally swept off his feet when Jongin wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist and lifted him off the floor, he’d squeaked in protest but that didn’t stop Jongin spinning around whilst carrying him.

 

The dinner date was, quite frankly, comfortable. Jongin talked about how his dance teacher has proposed that Jongin began teaching younger students at the dance school, for very reasonable pay. Kyungsoo could tell that the younger man was practically bursting with happiness at the prospect of being able to do something he loved every day. The happiness was mirrored on Kyungsoo’s face too.

 

After food, they’d curled up on the sofa to watch TV together, which started off innocent but quickly because heated. It started off with Jongin gently tilting Kyungsoo’s chin up so he could capture his lips in a gentle kiss, and ended with Kyungsoo stradling Jongin’s lap, exploring each others mouths whilst Jongin attempted to pull at the hem of Kyungsoo’s t-shirt.

 

Their lips parted briefly. “Are you okay with this?” Kyungsoo asked, taking deep breaths to try get some oxygen back into his system.

 

Jongin nodded and blushed slightly, he’d confessed to Kyungsoo that he was a a few months after they’d actually met, and Kyungsoo was fine with it. Now that they were together officially Kyungsoo wanted to be sure that he wasn’t going too far without Jongin’s consent.

 

“I think… I think I’m ready for it.” He said, grinning a little as he trailed his fingertips along Kyungsoo’s back, causing him to shiver.

 

Kyungsoo knew instantly what he meant because they’d talked about it together. They’d experimented a little, kissing, making out, quite a few s in the shower too, but they’d never gone any further than that because Jongin told him he wasn’t ready, and of course Kyungsoo understood and respected his wishes.

 

Kyungsoo looked at him closely. “Are you sure? Because we can wait if you want I don’t mind-”

 

“No, I want to, I want this. Just let me go at the pace I need to, okay? I love you.” Jongin cut him off, hands going up to cup Kyungsoo’s cheeks.

 

The smaller man almost seemed to melt into the touch. “Okay. I trust you, I love you too.”

 

Kissing Jongin was like standing out in the sun on a breezy, summer day. Warm and comfortable, with just the right amount of heat. He could easily kiss Jongin for hours, because it seemed like time nearly stopped when they were together.

 

Jongin’s fingers began threading through Kyungsoo’s freshly cut hair, pulling at odd strands whilst his other hand rested on the small of Kyungsoo’s back. Kyungsoo did what he usually did, and threw his arms around Jongin’s shoulders keeping them locked together in a comfortable embrace.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t even remember being carried to their bedroom, just gasped when he was pushed onto soft sheets as Jongin climbed on top of him, hands running under Kyungsoo’s t-shirt as Jongin captured his lips once more for a searing kiss causing Kyungsoo to moan. He spread his legs almost straight away, letting Jongin settle between them as he tugged off his thin cotton t-shirt to reveal glorious, golden skin.

 

“God, you’re hot.” Kyungsoo stated, staring at Jongin’s skin as he his lips.

 

Jongin laughed, reaching to unbuckle Kyungsoo’s belt whilst Kyungsoo raised one of his hands gingerly to run his fingertips over Jongin’s abs. “Really hot, how the hell did I manage to get you again?”

 

Jongin hummed, leaning over to press some kisses to Kyungsoo’s neck, eliciting little noises from him. “Hmm, because you’re adorable.” A kiss to his pulse point. “And y.” One to his cheek. “And I love you a lot.” A deeper kiss on the lips.

 

They’d kissed for what seemed like hours, touching each other like it was the first time all over again. Jongin was more gentle that Kyungsoo could have ever thought possible, he took his time and made sure Kyungsoo was completely comfortable before he started.

 

They made love that night and Kyungsoo could practically feel the affection he had for the younger man pouring out of his body. It was slow and sweet and practically everything he’d ever dreamed of, despite Jongin feeling awkward at the start. Although it hurt, it was only temporary, like much of the pain he’d had during the last few months, and he was just so happy that he was able to make Jongin happy this way.

 

They’d fallen asleep in a tight embrace, legs tangled together as the cold air cooled down their sweat slick bodies. Kyungsoo had never felt so close to someone before, Jongin’s warm hand were resting on the smaller man’s hip whilst the other was being used as a pillow for Kyungsoo.

 

That was not how they’d woken up, though. Kyungsoo must have shifted around in his sleep so that Jongin could spoon him from behind, because now Jongin’s arms were wrapped around his torso, pulling him closer to Jongin’s way too warm body. Kyungsoo still couldn’t understand how Jongin could generate that much heat.

 

Birds had started to tweet outside when he felt Jongin begin to stir, he could tell because he always made these little grunting as he tried to turn away from the sunlight which always seemed to sneak into their bedroom and hit him straight in the face. He knew that Jongin was completely awake when he felt hot breath on the back of his neck and his hair ruffle. His warm hands ran up Kyungsoo’s smooth chest, as he hummed.

 

“Good morning.” He said gently, placing a chaste kiss on the back of Kyungsoo’s neck, feeling the short hairs tickle at his skin.

 

“It is.” Kyungsoo said, and Jongin could practically hear the smile on his face.

 

Jongin shifted to look at Kyungsoo’s face, as the smaller man turned around to face him before tangling their legs up once more. He noticed that Kyungsoo winced slightly as his moved his hips.

 

“Did I hurt you last night?” He asked, brushing the pad of his thumb against Kyungsoo’s cheek.

 

The smaller man shook his head, laughing slightly. “No, I’m just a little… sore. I’ll be fine after a warm bath.”

 

Kyungsoo could see that Jongin was clearly worried about him. “Are you sure?”.

 

“Jonginnie, I’m sure.” Kyungsoo giggled before burying his head into the crook of Jongin’s neck, inhaling the earthy smell that Jongin seemed to have all the time.

 

Kyungsoo had developed a habit of hiding his head in the crook of Jongin’s neck whenever he had nightmares. They still hadn’t stopped, and sometimes now he had the triggering flashbacks, but more often than not Jongin was with him and after many months of practice, had perfected the art of comforting Kyungsoo and making sure he felt safe again, even if it meant being Kyungsoo’s safety blanket.

 

Jongin almost thought that Kyungsoo had fallen asleep again because the other was so still, but he could still feel Kyungsoo’s ridiculously long eyelashes brush against his skin whenever he blinked.

 

They stayed like that for at least another hour, before Kyungsoo migrated to laying his head on Jongin’s muscular chest. Hair mussed up and sticking out in odd directions, Kyungsoo sighed. He rested one hand on Jongin’s stomach as he hooked one of his legs over Jongin’s ones.

 

“Last night was amazing.” Jongin said, moving to run his fingers through Kyungsoo’s unruly hair.

 

“Mmm, I certainly enjoyed it.” The smaller man purred, eyes sliding shut as he enjoyed the feeling of someone playing with his hair.

 

“You came four times, of course you enjoyed it.” Jongin joked.

 

Kyungsoo scoffed. “Well, when you have a up your you can four times.”

 

He winced at the thought. “I think I’ll stick to being on top, thanks.”

 

“Thought so. But… you did enjoy it, right?” Kyungsoo looked up at him through dark eyelashes.

 

Jongin gave him a dopey smile. “Oh yeah, I definitely did.”


Kyungsoo mirrored the smile before snuggling up to him even more. They ended up interlinking their fingers before drifting back into a light sleep, both curled around each other for a moment of morning bliss.

 

AN: And there we have it! all finished! This is legitimately the first fic I've ever finished in my entire life, so woop woop achievement for me! Please tell me what you think, I love hearing from you all! I'll be going back and editing this all at some point soon. Thank you for reading and subscribing and to my 2 wonderful upvoters, you are all darlings! Until next time. Title (as always) is from the song Weight Of The World by Editors.