drabble #1

You Make My Life Colorful

hmmm, so this takes place maybe a week? after the main story. Onew has been spending every free moment with Key, getting to know him, and has found himself smitten with him. So then, once they reach their next port, Onew buys Key new clothes. c:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Key stared into the mirror. He didn't recognize himself. His face wasn't smudged with dirt and grime, his dark hair didn't shine with grease and had been shortened on the sides and in the back, on top it was left a bit longer, and had been styled into an elegant curl on top.

 

The clothes that draped over his frame were expensive. Silks, satin, and threads spun from gold, but he could see Onew in the reflection of the mirror, smiling and nodding in approval. "Onew, I don't know, this looks awfully expensive."

 

Onew waved his hand dismissively. "Don't worry about that." He glanced at the tailor. "How many colors do you have that in?" He asked, pointing at the top that flowed over his shoulders.

 

"Four sir."

 

"I'd like two of each, and then I would like to see what you have in something heavier. Maybe some sweaters for when the wind is cold."

 

"Very well sir," the tailor gestured to his assistant and the assistant quickly moved to remove the shirt off of Key and then run to fold it and pack it up, along with the other three Onew had asked for.

 

The tailor disappeared into a closet and returned a moment later with a thick sweater in his hands. He handed it to Key and Key slipped it over his head. The fabric was extraordinarily soft and seemed to glide over his skin and once it was on Key rubbed his hands up and down the sleeves. Onew smiled as he watched Key enjoy the material. "Do you like it Key?"

 

Key nodded as he pulled the cloth up to rub his face across it, but then stopped when he heard Onew ask the tailor for six. "What, no. Onew, that's really not necessary."

 

"Shhh, don't worry darling,"

 

The assistant had barely gotten back and was already running back to Onew's bag, to pack the sweaters up. "Anything else sir?" The tailor asked.

 

"Of course," Onew said, "he still needs pants, vests, coats, socks, shoes, belts, some nice underwear." Key's mouth fell open as Onew listed off the things he still needed and intended to buy for him, and the tailor nodded.

 

"Right away sir," the tailor said, nodding as he ran into the closet, coming back a few minutes later with a pile of clothing that towered above his head. Carefully, he sat them down on the table and picked up the pants that were on top. "Our finest trousers, made from the most luxurious linen available." He handed them to Key and watched as the young man pulled them up over his knobby knees and skinny thighs. "They're a little big," He said, pulling out a measuring cord and moving to press it against the inside of Key's leg.

 

Key jerked away when the tailor moved the cord up to his inner thigh and brushed against his groin, and looked up to Onew, fear etched into his features. When Onew saw his reaction he cursed loudly. "Don't touch him,"

 

The tailor backed away. "Sir, I was merely measuring for his in-"

 

"You will not touch him," Onew said sternly. "If you have a problem with that you can open up a shop in the bottom of the ocean."

 

"Of course sir, very good sir." The tailor nodded vehemently, then turned to Key and began to bow. "So very sorry young sir, I didn't mean to cause you any discomfort."

 

Key nodded, "It's- it's alright," He said slowly, a little surprised by Onew's aggression. "These ones are just fine," he said, gently tugging on the leg of the pants.

 

"Excellent choice," the tailor said, nodding with a huge smile on his face, watching Onew out of the corner of his eye. "How many pairs sir?"

 

"Seven." Onew answered for him. "He will have a pair of clean trousers for each day of the week."

 

"Very good," He nodded at the assistant, who sighed in exasperation and moved towards Key. He motioned at him to take them off and then he took them to pack and add the other pairs.

 

They continued in this way with all of the other clothing, and in the end, Onew and Key left the shop with eight blouses, twelve shirts, seven pairs of trousers, four vests, six sweaters, five coats, a pair each of boots and shoes, ten pairs of socks and underwear and two belts. Taemin was waiting outside for them, along with a few other crewmen, and two of them were ordered to bring Key's things back to the ship, where they were to be unpacked and placed in what use to be Taemin's quarters.

 

Taemin almost regretted saving the boy's life, as now he was stuck sleeping with the rest of the crew. Key had tried to refuse taking Taemin's quarters, but Onew had practically forced it on the boy, so the bitter first mate tried not to feel too much ill will towards the orphan.

 

"Are we done now?" Key asked with a sigh.

 

"Wouldn't you like to pick out a fine sword and gun?" Onew asked, pausing his steps.

 

Key groaned. "Not...not really. I'm tired. You've spent so much money on me already. I don't need all this stuff."

 

"Ah, but you deserve it. That, and so much more," Onew said, gently patting Key's back. "Come on, let's go back to the ship. Tomorrow we will find you a sword and gun worthy of your ownership."

 

"Alright," Key sighed.

 

Behind them, Taemin rolled his eyes.

 

THE END