Seis

Lobito
 
 
It was the day of the full moon. Bobby was nervous. He didn't change Junhoe and he could hear wolf cries the closer it got to night. Junhoe had gotten out the hospital but he was told to rest. Bobby felt like they didn't have time to rest. Said wolf heard his name and he turned to Junhoe who was sitting on the coach.
 
"You're making me nervous." Junhoe said ruffling Bobby's hair. Bobby nosed his wrist before stiffing as another cry was heard.
 
"Is it bad ?" Junhoe asked. "What's going on right now ?" 
 
Bobby nodded. He had locked all windows and doors with the help of Junhoe's mother but he was sure that wouldn't be enough. Wolves were stronger than these flimsy human contraptions.
 
"Bobby ?" Junhoe called again but Bobby wasn't listening. He could tell the moon was rising. Feel it's power as wolves were creatures of the night, they thrived on the moons power. Bobby's eyes flashed as he caught sent of wolves near by. They were hear.
 
Getting up quickly, Bobby grabbed Junhoe's wrist and helped him up carefully to his room. It would take the wolves some time to get upstairs so Bobby used this to hud advantage. As Junhoe sat down Bobby brought him his shoes.
 
"We're leaving ?" Junhoe asked and before Bobby could say anything they heard a scream.
 
"Umma !" Junhoe shouted and he stood up but Bobby was faster. Bobby caught Junhoe before he could get out the room and shook his head. He needed Junhoe up here where he was safe. Going downstairs, Bobby scented the air and followed it to the kitchen. The back door was broken into and he could hear the whimpers of Junhoe's mother.
 
"Stop !" Bobby shouted in his native tongue as a unknown wolf tried to bite at his cubs mother.
 
"Cub you dare protect a human ? Are you on their side ?" The wolf asked.
 
"No. I'm on no ones side." Bobby said.
 
"It's either you're with us. Or you'll die." The wolf growled and Bobby growled back. He thought the wolf was going to jump at him but he didn't think it would lunge back at his cubs mother and bite into her neck.
 
"Umma !" Junhoe shouted and Bobby jumped to grab the wolf. He transformed quickly, biting and snapping at the beast while Junhoe rushed to his mother.
 
"Umma.." he said again as the woman held her bleeding neck.
 
"June." She coughed, her vocal chords being filled with blood.
 
"Please don't talk umma. Save you're energy." Junhoe said eyes already filled with tears as he tried to stop the bleeding. His mom looked like she wanted to say something else but she shakingly reached up to Junhoe to hold his cheek before her grip went limp.
 
There was a large this being heard and Junhoe almost jumped out his body when Bobby shifted into his human form next to him. Junhoe was being pulled up by Bobby and tugged out the house. His eyes never leaving his mothers empty ones.
 
.
 
Junhoe didn't know where they were going but he felt hallow yet scared. His mom was just killed in front of him by some beast and now him and Bobby were making a run for it. They had stolen Junhoe's fathers bike and Junhoe was holding onto Bobby tightly as the boy peddled. They could hear screaming and cries into the distance and Junhoe sniffed.
 
They were on a dark road for a while now, Junhoe not knowing when or where they would stop. It was only until Junhoe saw a flash of lights behind them that they did. Bobby pulled the bike to the side and the car rolled its windows down.
 
"You boys alright ? It's not safe night. A lot of wolf attacks going on." One man said. He looked scary. Big hat and scar down his face, it made Junhoe shudder.
 
"W-we're fine sir. Just riding to my aunts house where it's safe." Junhoe lied.
 
"You sure you don't need a ride ?" The guy asked but Junhoe nodded his head.
 
"Positive."
 
"What's wrong with this one ? Why is he so quiet  ?" The passenger asked pointing at Bobby.
 
"He-he's mute sir." Junhoe was pretty sure he was going to run out of lies soon.
 
"Well if you kids ever need help here." The man said tossing two coins. Both boys automatically reached to catch them except when Bobby touched his he immediately dropped it.
 
"What's wrong ?" Junhoe asked as there was a burn mark on Bobby's palm.
 
"Seems like we just caught ourselves a wolf. This coins are laced in wolfsbane." The man said pulling out a gun. Bobby wasted no time moving out the way. He started peddling and Junhoe quickly wrapped his arms around him. The car followed then, bullets being aimed at Bobby.
 
"Don't hit the kid. He's just human."  The driver said to the passenger. 
 
Junhoe was scared. Every gun shot made him heart thump and he knew that wasn't good for him. Bobby turned suddenly, dipping into the tall grass as he tried to get away from the humans. Trying to calm himself, Junhoe took in their surroundings. He didn't know much about the surrounding area near his house. His mom only let him go down town and that was it. Anything else would be too much of a strain for him and she didn't want to risk it.  
 
There was a large growl before Junhoe saw a giant wolf jump on the hood of the car. The car swerved and Bobby petaled faster. Soon Junhoe could no longer see the car or hear the growling of the wolves and he turned around to see a house. The lights were dim and Junhoe hoped someone was home. Bobby parked the bike and Junhoe knocked on the door. As he did the door cracked open. 
 
"Maybe they're hiding." Junhoe said. He didn't know if he could handle any more dead bottles. Bobby started to growl lowly as they turned the corner and said boy pushed Junhoe out the way as something came swinging at them. Junhoe looked up to see a familiar figure.
 
"Yunhyeong?" Junhoe said and his friend looked at him.
 
"June oh my god you're alive." Yunhyeong dropped the hammer he had and tried to pull Junhoe into a hug. Bobby growled though stopping the human in his actions.
 
"Yunhyeong ...people are dying. There's-there's wolves everywhere. There's screaming and everything is so dark." Junhoe said eyes tearing up. 
 
"I know. My parents...my dad went to check a noise out back and when he didn't come back mom went to follow.  I haven't seen them for hours." Yunhyeong said lowly. "It's all this monsters fault. Ever since this beast came, bad things have been happening." Yunhyeong's eyes turned to Bobby.
 
"I'm going to put a end to this." Yunhyeong said before he lunged at the other. Bobby wasted no time reacting, he tried to block as many punches as he could from the human. Yunhyeong wasn't playing any games as he swung angrily. Bobby reached up and blocked his fist to punch him in the face. He got him twice before Yunhyeong got him in his chin. Bobby flipped them over crashing Yunhyeong into the wall hard, and the boy winced, falling down. 
 
 
"Bastard." Yunhyeong coughed out as Bobby got up. The wolf turned back to grab Junhoe and leave. Junhoe though saw Yunhyeong digging in his pocket and pulled out a gun. He aimed it to Bobby and Junhoe just reacted.
 
"No !" He pushes Bobby out the way and the bullet hit him in the stomach. Bobby watched in slow motion as Junhoe looked at him before he fell to the ground.
 
No. Bobby looked at his human, his cub cough up blood. Something cracked in Bobby as he turned around to look at Yunhyeong. Said human was frozen. He dropped the gun and looked at Bobby, the wolfs eyes burning red.
 
"I didn't- I-" Yunhyeong didn't know what to say as he looked at Junhoe bleeding out. His vision was soon blocked by Bobby who pulled him off of the floor and slammed him back into the wall. It cracked heavy under his force and the impact made Yunhyeong double over. Bobby gripped him by the neck and squeezed hard.
 
"Monster." Yunhyeong gritted out. "You're a monster."
 
Bobby growled loud at that. His fangs and claws growing as he pulled a fist back. If this human wanted a monster, he would get one.
 
"Bob...by..." 
 
The wolfs eyes turned to Junhoe who was getting paler by the second. Growling, Bobby threw Yunhyeong far away from him before turning back to Junhoe. He fell to his knees as his hands covered over Junhoe's body.
 
"Mutt." Junhoe coughed out as he cupped Bobby's face tenderly. "You look scared."
 
"June.." 
 
Junhoe's eyes widen as Bobby said his name. Bobby had never spoken before, he didn't think the wolf could ever speak.
 
"Bobby you-" Junhoe breathing began to get shallower. "You said my...my name." Junhoe gasped. "It hurts." He said. "Dying hurts."
 
Bobby's eyes widened at that. No no no his cub could not die. Not yet. Not when Bobby had just found him. No he needed his cub to live longer. Getting up, Bobby carefully picked Junhoe up. The human was limp in his home but he needed to go. He had to stave his human.
 
Running out of the house, he didn't see Yunhyeong in sight but Bobby didn't care as he dove into the woods. There should be no wolves around, all too busy with the humans to notice him. Even so, Bobby tried to conceal his scent as he held Junhoe faster. His eyes glowed red to help him see through the dark as he maneuvered around the trees easily. Junhoe let out a soft moan and Bobby picked up his speed. 
 
The forest was his element. His home for years. If anything could help Junhoe right now it would have to be him with the powers of the moon and the elements of the forest. Finally reaching his destination, Bobby put Junhoe down. They were at the river bank, the full moons reflection casted in it perfectly. Looking down at Junhoe, Bobby tore his shirt to look at the wound. There was a clear hole in the left side of stomach and Bobby took in a deep breath. He needed to rid Junhoe of the thing inside of him.
 
Feeling sorry for Junhoe because he knew digging in wounds hurt, he stuffed a cleaner piece of Junhoe's ripped shirt into the humans mouth before pressing his fingers into the wound.
 
Junhoe screamed. Bobby was expecting his much but it still hurt to hear his cub cry out in pain like that. Digging deeper, Bobby found the bullet and almost immediately dropped it as it burned his fingers. Wolfsbane. Gritting his teeth, Bobby grabbed the bullet and pulled it out.
 
"Ahhh ahh ahh." Bobby heard Junhoe cry but the wolf too was also in pain. He immediately washed his hand off into the river, hissing as the salted water against his fresh wounds. It would take him longer than usual to heal but he got away from the water and went to the forest. He found a few aloe leaves and placed them over top of Junhoe's wound. 
 
"That won't work."
 
Bobby almost jumped out of his skin as he saw Mino immersing from the forest. Bobby growled as he stepped closer making Mino stop.
 
"Easy cub. Your human is dying and he will be dead soon if you don't act soon. You just change him." Mino said.
 
"I can't. He-he'll die." Bobby said and Mino laughed bitterly.
 
"He'll die either way. Either you change him or I'll kill him." Mino said making Bobby growl at the though. He tried to rack his brain into other methods but they all seemed futile. Gulping, Bobby pulled Junhoe into his lap.
 
"I'm sorry cub." Bobby whispered into Junhoe's ear before he moved to his neck and bit. If Junhoe has more energy, he would have screamed but all he managed to do was whimper. Pulling back, Bobby the wound and closed his eyes.
 
"Please take." He whispered.
 
"Don't worry cub. Your bite will take. A pure wolfs bite never fails. You'll just have to make it to tomorrow morning." Mino said. "You can't stay here."
 
"But this is the only home I have. This has been my packs territory for centuries. I can't just leave." Bobby said.
 
"You can and you will cup. Do it for the sake of your mate. The humans will come here and we must defend wolf land. You'll only be in the way." Mino said.
 
"Where will we go ?" Bobby asked.
 
"Cross the river and north past these mountains is my pack territory. We will keep you safe. For now, go. No one know how long this war will be or who will win but your territory will always be here waiting for you. The humans don't know the earth like we do. Use this to your advantage and survive. Now go." Mino said and Bobby nodded. He carefully picked up Junhoe and placed him on his back. Giving Mino a nod, he ran.
 
.
 
Crossing the river was not as easy as it looked but Bobby managed. He carried Junhoe through it all, his human-or well soon to be cub wasn't in pain anymore and Bobby could sense his breathing steady as they made it across the river. 
 
Bobby into a couple wolfs who directed him to Mino's territory. He was surprised to be greeted by Jinwoo.
 
"So you've made it cub. And your human..." Jinwoo sniffed. "He is changing."
 
"Like you guys said. It was the only way." Bobby said.
 
"Well come and rest. You look tired." Jinwoo said and showed them to a room to sleep in. As Bobby laid Junhoe down he sighed. He was beat. His fingers burned, his arms and legs ached and eyes heavy with fatigue but he as he looked at Junhoe he knew it was worth it.
 
Laying next to the boy, he grabbed Junhoe's hand and pulled it close to him, holding it tightly. He breathed in the younger and sighed. Yes this was all worth it.
 
When Bobby woke up the next morning, he woke up to see Junhoe looking at him with yellow eyes.
 
"Bobby.." Junhoe said slowly, hand squeezing his.
 
"Jiwon." Bobby said and Junhoe looked at him confused. "My name is Jiwon." Bobby explained.
 
"Jiwon..." Junhoe tested out.  "Jiwon I feel weird."
 
"You'll be like that for a while. Being a wolf will take time to get used to." Bobby said.
 
"A wolf..." Junhoe trailed off before remembering last nights events.
 
"Umma..Yunhyeong. I was... I was dying." Junhoe said eyes flickering towards Bobby's. "But you saved me."
 
"It was the only way. I would have lost you. I can't lose you. I lost everyone I can't lose you too." Bobby said pulling Junhoe closer towards him. The younger rested his head on Bobby's chest, listening to his heart beat.
 
"I know what that feels like now." Junhoe said and Bobby nuzzled his hair. "It's odd to actually be talking to you but finally you can tell me what's going on."
 
"We're at war." Bobby said. "The humans were trying to drive us to extinction. The wolves had nothing left to do but retaliate." Bobby said.
 
"What's going to happen to us ?" Junhoe asked.
 
"Nothing. I'll protect you. No one will hurt you ever again. You are mine now. My cub, my pack, mine." Bobby said and Junhoe leaned up to place his lips over Bobby's. They kissed tenderly before Junhoe pulled back.
 
"I'm probably going to cry a lot." Junhoe said and Bobby cupped his face.
 
"I'll wipe every tear." He said.
 
"Will you...fight ?" Junhoe asked.
 
"If I have to." Bobby said and Junhoe's eyes began watering. Bobby held him close.
 
"We're going to make this." Bobby whispered. "We have to."
 
.
 
The war wasn't easy. It lasted about a year. Wolves dying, humans dying. It made nation wide news and the wolves just wanted it to end. If they became even more famous, the humans in other countries will start hunting other packs to the point of genocide. They came up with an agreement to keep everything under wraps and humans to stay in their lands and wolves on theirs. 
 
It took fifty years for Korea to go back to normal. Fifty long years of trying to make everything go back to normal to the point that wolves became myths again. Bobby and Junhoe survived though. They left Mino's pack long ago and moved up north to the Seoul. Junhoe loved it there, witnessing Korea change to its current modern day state without aging a bit. It wasn't easy, Junhoe having nightmares of his mothers death, he never found his father and he couldn't contact his friends due to the war but Bobby helped him through it. 
 
Bobby told him that being a wolf was very different then being a human. They were stronger, faster, senses heightened and lives extended. 
 
"Do you think we can live forever ?" Junhoe asked Bobby one day and Bobby laughed, kissing his mate.
 
"If we try hard enough." Bobby said holding his hand. Their were in their apartment in down town Seoul. Laying on their bed, Junhoe looked at Bobby.
 
"I want to go back." Junhoe said and Bobby looked at him. He knew what he meant.
 
"Okay." Bobby said.
 
The train ride was a couple hours and Bobby stared out the window watching the buildings turn into trees and the planes into birds. He was nervous, he hasn't been back in his territory in a while, the last time he was was thirty years back when they left Mino's pack. He agreed to share the land for the injured packs of the war and he wondered how they expanded. 
 
They gotten off at their stop and took a taxi to Junhoe's old home. As they pulled up Junhoe's face hardened. He gently opened the wooden door and looked around. It was filled with dust and webs but everything was...untouched.
 
"It looks the same." Junhoe said and Bubby looked at his mate. Junhoe walked over to the wall and wiped a picture frame. His parents smiling faces greeted him and that was all it took. Junhoe broke down. He hadn't felt this much pain in years. Bobby caught him as he slumped down. He sobbed into his mates shirt.
 
"It hurts Bobby." Junhoe said. "It hasn't hurt in a long time but being here is like going back in time. I feel everything. Can smell everything. If I listen hard enough I can hear them." Junhoe cried. Bobby rubbed his mates back, chest rumbling in comfort as he understood. He knew what his pain felt like.
 
They got up after a moment and Junhoe took the picture out of its frame and stuffed it in his pocket. 
 
"I want to see him." Junhoe said and Bobby gave him another nod. This is he they ended up at a old bakery in the middle of town. Bobby going his own way as he had something to  visit as well.
 
"New comers are you ?" A girl said greeting them. "What can I get for you ?" She asked.
 
"Is the boss in ?" Junhoe asked.
 
"Always." She laughed.
 
"Could you tell him to come out ? Tell him a old friend wants to see him." Junhoe said.
 
The girl looked at him a bit oddly before nodding. 
 
"An old friend ? What do you mean ? It better not be Hanbin playing jokes I swear-" 
 
Junhoe looked up to see a hold man. His face wrinkled and aged, his hair gray and his back hunched, eyes wide as his voice caught in his throat.
 
"June ?" He said lowly.
 
"It's been a while huh Yunhyeong." Junhoe smiled. Yunhyeong looked shocked.
 
"You...you're alive. I must be dreaming. You haven't aged a day." Yunhyeong said.
 
"Still dreaming of me after all these years ? How kind of you." Junhoe jokes and Yunhyeong shocked look turned into a a sad smile.
 
"You're still the same. How ? I thought I- thought I -"
 
"Shhh. You didn't." Junhoe said, grabbing the mans hand in both of his.
 
"I'm sorry June. You don't know how sorry I am." Yunhyeong said looking at their hands.
 
"I forgive you." Junhoe said and Yunhyeong started crying at that. Junhoe didn't know how to react. His old friend broke down heavily in front of him and he felt it in his heart.
 
"You don't know...how long I've waited to hear that." Yunhyeong said as he wiped his eyes with his dirty apron. Junhoe smiled, gripping his friends hand tighter.
 
"Tell me old friend. What have you been doing this past fifty years ?" 
 
.
 
Junhoe wasn't surprised to see Bobby in the woods.  The older wolf was sitting at the river bank, arms wrapped around his legs. He was looking into the distance as Junhoe sat next to him.
 
"What are you thinking about mutt ?" Junhoe asked and Bobby smiled.
 
"Just a lot has changed these years." Bobby said.
 
"But it's for the best right ?" Junhoe asked and Bobby turned to him, grabbing his hand.
 
"Of course." Bobby said. Junhoe squeezed his hand. Of course.
 
.
.
.