The past

When Our Little Worlds Collide

“What were you doing out there?” Onew asked, Taemin was still in the verge of his mind, thinking about the girl he just saw earlier, there is something about her which he feels different about, there is something mysterious about her, there is something about her which makes him feel different, makes him feel alive, full of energy, full of happiness, though it was just the first time we met, and considering the fact that it was just the first time he saw her.

 

“Lee Taemin, hey, bro, you alright?” Onew again asked, a little worried about how his little brother was acting. Onew knew that his brother was weird, but he didn’t know how weird he was. Taemin was smiling to himself like a little kid, like a little kid who just had his first taste of some delightful treat, a kid who just had his first crush.

 

“YO, Taemin!” his brother grunted, a little bit irritated on how Taemin was acting that time. Onew wasn’t really sure if he is his brother or not.

 

Taemin snapped back on reality and almost fell on his seat, “What now?” he blinked innocently, like nothing really happened.

 

Onew sighed, sighed in frustration. He was beginning to think that Taemin was possessed, he knew that his brother was still young, seventeen to be in fact, but he still needs to be mature to be in his age, not acting jolly and childish.  Onew was the one who took care of his brother when they were still little kids, he knew Taemin all his life, and he knew him inside and out. Their parents died in an accident ten years back, Onew was just ten and Taemin was only seven back then, they both didn’t knew where to start off first, they both didn’t knew where to pull strength to start over again, good thing their nice and humble uncle, Mr. Lee took both of them inside his life and took care of them like his own.

 

They are on vacation right now, taking a break from all of those things which seems bothering, specifically school. Both of them will start a new term in a new school. New school means new house, new friends, new classmates, new rooms, new faces, and of course, new teachers. They were actually searching for something else. Onew is in point of fact searching for someone who could make him different, make his life different,  could make his everything different from it is. Someone who will change the way his life is, someone who makes him feel special, fragile, vulnerable of anything, someone who could love him as he is.

 

Taemin on the other edge of the seat is searching for some reason to let him be himself, even just for a time. He wants to have a reason to smile, a reason to laugh, a reason to wake up each and every day with a hint of sunlight on his skin. He wants to have a reason to make him believe that everything has its own purpose, everything has its own reason to live, and he wants to find his. Or probable be someone’s reason to smile, laugh, wake up and be loved. He simply just wants to find his reason to live, or be someone’s reason to live.

 

“Nothing, you haven’t touched your food yet” Onew said calmly, Taemin took a glance of his food and chuckled a little,

 

“Tofu, again?” he spoke; Onew nodded and munched his food, happily chewing, and disgusting his brother.

 

Taemin raised a brow as he was standing up to take a leave; he waved at his brother and took a step forward, then took a glance back and grabbed his milk.

 

“Hey, you won’t eat?” Onew asked, Taemin shook his head and take some steps forward again until he reached the door and walked out,

 

“Great, more for me then!” Onew smiled widely, as he was looking at those precious golden fried tofu’s’ he just made.

 

`

 

She was walking silently to her room, not looking at anyone who was in her way; her hands were on her pocket as her flat orange converse was hitting the ground. Her messy hair was laid back and her bangs are slightly swayed on her right forehead side. Her black eyes still doesn’t show any emotion. She stopped at her tracks, feeling someone behind her worried, she didn’t looked back, knowing who it was.

 

“Rei, are you alright?” the voice asked, it was her sister, Ranee, confused and worried at the same time. She never saw her sister like this before, not after their mom died, after Sulli killed her. She never saw her sister all jolly and happy, right before Key’s appearance, and she was happy that Key came into her sister’s life, to bring back all the happiness and every bit of joy she needs.

 

Ranee held her sister’s shoulder, but she still doesn’t move, still not doing anything.

 

“Ranee, he’s gone.” Reiko said in an empty voice, weak, not knowing where she had the strength to push her lips and tell her that.

 

“Who’s gone, everyone’s here” Ranee reassured her, quickly ran in front of her sister and looked at her pale white face,

“Key,” that was all she could utter,

 

Ranee’s eyes went wide, her hazel brown eyes were almost popping out, her face was extremely confused, mystified on what just her sister had said. She took her every strength just to look at her sister again, still in a shocked manner, still looking deeply to her and try to see a hint of joke in her sister’s deep black eyes, but she couldn’t. She couldn’t find any hint, any hint if she was just kidding or not.

 

“H-how?” Ranee asked,

 

Reiko looked at her sister and there, there she could tell that her eyes were showing a hint of anger, a pinch of pain and an allusion of distress.

 

“Sulli” Reiko looked back away from her sister and looked up, looked up to see the sun’s rays, hitting her pale white skin again,

 

“That stupid g—“

 

“Shh,* Reiko smiled weakly, patting her sister’s shoulder and walked to her room.

 

As the moment she laid her back on her soft and warm bed, everything came back to her again, the feeling of loosing someone, the feeling of pain, hurt, emptiness was over and controlling her again.

 

Key was the one who made her feel like there’s a meaning through every people’s mistake, he made her think that destiny has its own choice, fate will bring you up a hill and you’ll be the one making your way down again, if you want. He made her his everything, he made her his one and only priority. After what happened to her mom, after years of suffering, not talking to anybody or anyone, there, he came; he came so quick and left without any word.

 

Sulli was an orphan; she was adopted by Reiko and Ranee’s parents which made her a Choi. A selfish vampire on her blood, and left her hanging on the dark, cold winter nights in the road. She was just seven that time, not really knowing what kind of reality was she in to. Minho and his wife Krystal saw her, saw her bleeding endlessly and that’s when Minho decided to make him a half-blood. Sulli was their first child, though she didn’t really come from Krystal's. Krystal was having her first baby with Minho and Sulli was excited, excited to finally have a baby sibling to take care of, just like what they did to her. Of course, Reiko and Sulli were back then were the best of friends, they were inseparable. Until, Ranee, came. Reiko was three that time, Sulli was ten, and then Krystal gave birth to another adorable baby. Krystal was pre-occupied with Reiko and Ranee that time, she doesn’t have any time for Sulli anymore, Minho on the other side prioritized his family first, before Sulli, again. This event made Sulli burst out, she was first, she was their first, and even though she’s not really blood related to them, she was still their first. Sulli was jealous, jealous of Reiko, Ranee, and Minho, who were feasting on Krystal’s attention. She wants her too, she needs her too, and she wants to be pampered too. But those events didn’t linger on Sulli’s mind when she suddenly went out of her room one day and started a fire, a fire which could make every living vampire die, make every living vampire feel how hell was.

 

Good thing Minho was awake that night, though vampires doesn’t really sleep at night, everyone was hunting for food, everyone was busy doing something they didn’t even bother to sense that something was up, that something was wrong. But Minho was too late, as he was getting back to their house, Krystal was gone, Krystal was burn into ashes already, same with their house. Reiko and Ranee were playing that time, at the beach, they didn’t know what happened, but when they came back, walls on their innocent mind kept falling part, falling because they knew that for somehow, their mother couldn’t be brought back to reality with them.