Part 3

Sunbae's Girl

“Have you contacted them?” Jaejoong paced back and forth the port.

“I can’t contact any of them. Seohyunnie, have you contacted Suri?” Changmin was also starting to worry. It was eight in the evening, but they haven’t came back.

“WHERE ARE THEY?!” Everyone was surprised when Jaejoong hurdles a stone and it hit a boat.

“Hyung, calm down.” Changmin held Jaejoong’s arm.

“They’re here!” someone exclaimed.

Jaejoong rushed to the speedboat.

“What the hell happened, huh?” he shook Suri.

“Man, careful. It was my fault.” Kyuhyun tried freeing Suri from Jaejoong’s grip. Jaejoong pulled Suri to his side.

“She’ll be safe with you, huh? Now?” Jaejoong challenged.

“Sunbae, it was not really his fault. I just asked him to go further and we ran out of gas. Gladly, a fisherman saw us and gave us gas, so were here. Come on, don’t blame him.” Suri tried calming Jaejoong down. Jaejoong pulled her away from the crowd.

“Sunbae, wait…” Suri ran to keep up with his strides. They stopped in a dark spot in the beach, millions of stars and the crescent moon illuminating it.

“Sunbae, I’m really sorry.” Suri whispered. Jaejoong hasn’t spoken since they got here. Suddenly, Jaejoong pulled him in a tight embrace.

“Don’t do that again. I was really scared.” Jaejoong whispered against her hair. Suri’s heart pounded. They stayed in that position for a long time.

“So, are you two together now?” Jaejoong asked as they sat on the sand, looking at the stars.

“What?” Suri asked back.

“Is Kyuhyun your boyfriend now?” Jaejoong clarified.

“What? No.” Suri said.

“You turned him down?” Jaejoong looked at her.

“Why would I turn him down? He did not even ask me.” Suri said. Jaejoong looked shocked.

“But Changmin said he’s going to ask you to be his girlfriend.” Jaejoong spoke too fast.

“You believed in Changmin? Haha, he’s sneaky.” Jaejoong realized Changmin’s prank.

“So it wasn’t true? It’s not true that you are in love with each other?” Jaejoong asked.

“I’m not in love with Kyuhyun oppa! He told me he is with me, but I made it clear to him. I only see him as my brother and he knows it.” Suri was surprised when Jaejoong jumped and screamed yes.

“Yah! Why?” Suri held Jaejoong.

“So you will not end up with him? You’re not in love with anyone else?” Jaejoong insistently asked.

“I’m not in love with Kyuhyun oppa, but I’m in love with someone else.” Her words struck his heart.

“Ahhhhhhhhh!!” Jaejoong screamed.

“Sunbae!” Suri tried to stop him from hurting himself. He was kicking sand and stones. Finally, he landed on his bottom when he kicked wrong.

“Are you okay?” Suri asked. Jaejoong had his head rested on his folded arms. His shoulder shook.

“Are you crying?” Jaejoong looked at her with pain in his eyes. So it’s not Kyuhyun, but who is he?

“Who is he? Who do you love?” His voice cracked.

“Why are you acting that way?” Suri asked. She was bewildered.

“Why do you keep on looking at other guys? Why do you fall for other guys and not with me? Am I not handsome? Not intelligent? What is wrong with me, huh? Tell me!” Suri was shocked. She wanted to laugh. But she kept it in, first.

“Well, the guy I love is humorous and caring. He is very intelligent and handsome. Plus, he’s a very warm guy. He makes me feel safe around him. But he can also make my heart race. Sometime, he pulls me out of my focus, making me mess my work, but it can’t be helped. He is charismatic, but cute at the same time. I so love him.” Suri said.

“Who is he? I’m gonna break his handsome face? Does he go to our school? Then I’ll beat his grades!” Suri laughed so hard she fell to the sand. Jaejoong was stopped from continuing his dramatics as he stared blankly at the gleefully laughing Lee Suri.

“Wahahahahahaha! You would do that?” Suri asked in between laughs.

“YES!” Jaejoong said loudly. Suri stood up.

“Okay, then break your face, beat your grades and defeat yourself.” Suri said and ran away. Jaejoong just stood there. Suddenly a smile lit up his face when her words dawned. He laughed at his stupidity and ran after her.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Share your thoughts :)