One.

In Which Boyfriends And Best Friends Are Totally Overrated.

You have exactly 0.5 seconds to explain why you are standing in my room at 8 am on a Saturday and then maybe, just maybe, Hyejoon would be able to save you from my hands” was the first sound the now frightened boy heard from his girlfriend’s roommate, as he silently vowed himself to listen to said girlfriend’s many threats about said roommate’s view on mornings.

He gripped the doorknob tighter, trying to come up with a good enough reason why he exactly was bothering the curly haired girl this early but he kept coming on empty. Waking the girl this early wasn’t exactly what the boy had planned but he needed someone to keep him from succumbing to his own thoughts.

The lump of blankets huffed loudly as the girl tried to separate her body from the bed. Once her face was freed she shot the younger boy a hostile glare and raised her eyebrow “Did I stutter, Kim?

Oh come on, Chaima. I need your help, so please cut it with that frigid little sideshow attitude… I really need to talk to you, okay?” Taehyung forcefully spoke up while wringing his hands together. Fighting fire with fire can work both ways with Chaima, maybe he should have waited before Hyejoon left the apartment before waking up the other girl.

Chaima dropped her head back on the bed with a loud thud and turned her head to regard seemingly nervous boy. After a short shared silence the girl sat up again and ran her hand through her messy bed head “Fine” she spat before getting up and dragging her comforter with her “Go make me some coffee and we can talk” the girl said as she gently moved Taehyung away from her doorway. “Get going” she exclaimed mischievously before closing the door on her younger friend.

After three failed cups of coffee, because why does this house has an expensive coffee machine but not a proper working microwave, Chaima emerged from her room still drying her hair with her trusted fluffy towel.

You do know that glaring at my coffee machine doesn’t work, right?” she mused after observing the boy trying to intimidate the poor household object.

Taehyung broke his evident staring contest with the coffee machine as he looked up to regard the now conscious girl “Well, then why is this thing so hard to operate?” he said as he continued to push in a random series of numbers only to have the machine respond in a loud beeping noise “The instructions aren’t even in Korean and Hyejoon hates the taste of coffee so why is this devil thing ruining my day?” He questioned out loud as he kept prodding the machine.

Because” Chaima started as she moved around the boy to forcefully push him away from the kitchen appliance, dodging his swatting hand right after “This is my house too and Hyejoon insisted on investing in a gaming console so I wanted something expensive too” She continued as she handled the machine with a practiced hand “And because you’re stupid” she added as she grabbed two cups from the cupboard.

Where is our lovely Hyejoon anyway?” Chaima asked the now seated Taehyung as she handed him his coffee filled cup before taking a seat on the counter top and playfully kicked his thigh when she waited for his answer.

Taehyung didn’t acknowledge the girl’s playful abuse as he took a long sip from his coffee before answering Chaima’s question “Hyejoon went out to walk Sam and to buy replacement ingredients of her precious cake batter, which took a fall to the cold hard floor yesterday” He added cheekily while Chaima’s cheeks graced themselves with a peachy color as she ignored the boy’s accusing stare.

My poor girlfriend worked so hard on that cake” Taehyung amusingly continued his joyful tirade on the older girl “I had to console her all night” he ended while getting up to put his cup away.

Chaima’s hand lashed out to pinch Taehyung side “Yeah, I am sure that’s all you did last night, Kim Taehyung” She added with a saucy wink as she quickly washed the cups and put them next to Hyejoon’s breakfast bowl.

Taehyung successfully hid his red ears under his beanie as he turned around to regard the slightly taller girl again “Okay, Chaima” seriousness filing his voice “I wanted to talk to you about something” he continued while staring at the girl in question.

What” Chaima said with a muffled voice as she tried to swallow the cookie she snuck in between harassing Taehyung and cleaning the kitchen sink.

Taehyung slipped back into his nervous behavior from this morning as he avoided Chaima’s curious gaze “I wanted to ask if you had time to accompany me somewhere today?” he quickly said while walking over to the table and plucked a few grapes from the fruit bowl.

Are you trying to ask me out on a date, Kim Taehyunggie?” Chaima asked in mock surprise as she dramatically placed her hand on her chest.

Taehyung frowned at the girl and flicked a grape at the girl in front of him “No, you frizzy haired freak” he dodged the sponge that the raven haired girl threw at him with surprising accuracy “I already have a girlfriend and she is much cooler than you, besides I want you to come with me so I canbuyaengagementringforHyejoon” Taehyung nervously spit out in rapid fire.

Two banging noises was the result of Taehyung’s confession, the first was Hyejoon’s beloved polka dotted cereal bowl dropping from Chaima’s not so skilled hands and the last one was Chaima’s head banging against the top cupboard’s open door as she turned around to look at the boy in question.

Taehyung sprang to action and wanted to check Chaima’s evident growing bump on her forehead but was furiously shoved away as Chaima looked at him in disbelieve.

You are proposing to Hyejoon?” The girl all but shrieked to the scared younger as she excitedly jumped up and down “Oh my god, you are such an idiot. I thought you wanted to tell me you were going to die or somehting” she added as Taehyung sullenly pulled her forward to prevent the clumsy girl from stepping in one of the porcelain shards from what was left of his girlfriend favorite bowl.

Only you would come to that conclusion, jeez” he spoke to the girl as he pushed her aside and quickly examined if the bowl could be savaged.

Taehyung let out a not so manly squeal as he was pulled up and away from the kitchen floor by the taller girl and he let her drag him to the front door as he quickly threw the shards in the garbage bin. “No time! We need to get downtown right now!” Chaima loudly exclaimed as she slid her feet in her flats and waited patiently for Taehyung to get the hint as he automatically grabbed his shoes to follows Chaima’s lead.

The excited girl tossed Taehyung her keys “You drive please, I will most definitely kill us both if I drive like this” she babbled as she pushed the boy towards her car.

Are you that desperate to get rid of Hyejoon” Taehyung laughed visibly relaxed with the news out of the way.

Chaima stomped her foot childishly as she opened her door and quickly got in the car “We need to be serious now, Taehyung. You are buying Hyejoon, my best friend, an engagement ring!” The girl said as she strapped herself in and waited for Taehyung to start the vehicle.

Taehyung smiled widely as he started the car and backed out of the parking space quickly as he headed down town “I’m glad I have your apparent blessing, Song” he sang happily as he sped up to catch the upcoming green light.

Chaima slapped his arm happily “Of course I am, Kim” she added joyously “Even though I will always think you are a little , I will also always think you are the best catch for our little Hyejoonie.” Taehyung smiled warmly at the girl as he remembered exactly why he wanted to do this with his girlfriend’s best friend. Chaima was honest and would never think twice to say what she’d think.

As they neared the shopping area, Chaima’s excitement was still very evident and it helped Taehyung to soothe his nerves tremendously. “When did you make this decision?” Chaima asked Taehyung as she checked her phone and quickly typed out a message to her brother, asking for his ever gracing forgiveness of having to cancel their dinner plans.

Taehyung turned into the popular shopping area which was already filled to the brim with early bird shoppers as he thought about the girl’s question for a while.

A while ago actually” He calmly began “I actually talked to Seokjin about this for a bit and he gave me some good old man advice, he told me to do exactly what I wanted to do with my life as long as I believe that it was the right decision” He smiled at the memory as he parked the car under a tree to prevent the heat creeping in during the day.

Jimin asked me if this was a excuse to get her in the bedroom and Jungkook told him we obviously already shared the bedroom, and I really enjoyed beating the crap out of them with Hoseok backing me up” Chaima laughed loudly as they both got out the car to start their mission.

Which was; find the perfect engagement ring for Hyejoon.

Chaima checked her phone once more to check up on her brother's threat towards her life for canceling on him again as her obnoxious ringtone startled the boy next to her. The screen lighting up Hyejoon’s name the girl nervously handed the phone to the younger boy next to her “!” she exclaimed loudly as she quickly bowed apologetically at the judging face of an older woman who was walking her dog next to them.

It’s Hyejoon, what do we do?” she continued visibly panicked and grabbed onto Taehyung’s coat.

Taehyung shrugged the curly haired off and handed her the phone back “You pick up the phone and act like a normal human being for 5 minutes” He scolded the older.

That’s rich coming from you, alien boy” Chaima mumbled as she swiped the green phone icon. “If it isn’t my favorite roommate in the whole wide world” The girl exclaimed sweetly as Hyejoon’s light voice filled the air.

Where are you and why are you up and outside at this hour on a Saturday?” The girl’s roommate questioned curiously as she set down the bag of groceries on the kitchen counter before filling up a bowl of water for her dog.

You should ask your boyfriend that, he kidnapped me and was very violent with me this morning” Chaima whined loudly as Taehyung rolled his eyes and grabbed the girl’s arm to lead her to follow after him.

I’m sure” Hyejoon said absently as she picked up a few grapes and popped one in “I was actually planning on calling him next to ask if he treats all his girls like this, disappearing on me in the early morning. So thoughtless.” Hyejoon mused while grinning about her own joke.

Chaima snorted loudly at her friend and winked at Taehyung’s asking gaze “No, he just likes torturing me to wake me up early and here I am fully clothed and walking down town” Chaima ignored Hyejoon’s joyous sarcastic cheering as she waited for Taehyung to re-tie his shoe.

Why are you downtown anyways?” Hyejoon asked as she walked over to their spacious sofa and draped herself over it, waiting for her friend’s answer. Chaima’s head snapped down to nudge Taehyung’s knee gently as he got up and looked at girl with a questioning gaze.

Chaima held the phone to her chest completely ignoring her best friend’s exclaims of her name “She wants to know why you brought me downtown” the girl whispered harshly at Taehyun whom quickly unhanded Chaima from her phone and pressing the red button at bottom corner.

Oh gee thank you, Taehyung” Chaima said bitterly as she snatched her phone back from the boy “Now she’s definitely going to skin me alive when we get back” she added while quickly turning the device off.

The boy just shrugged Chaima’s apparent displeasure off with a grin on his face “You and I both know that you’re a terrible liar, dearest Chaima” he added with a grin before continuing in a more serious tone “And you and I also both know that I am much worse

Chaima nodded while pulling the younger boy forward to continue their journey “That was a very true statement.

. . . 

The continuous beep that resounded in her ear caused a spark of suspicion to grow in Hyejoon. Removing the phone from her ear and staring at her home screen she scowled while angrily throwing the damned device on the couch.

Letting out a frustrated sigh the girl made her way into the kitchen, planning on grabbing a snack for the poor dog that has been circling around her for the past 10 minutes. Stepping away from her pleased pet, Hyejoon looked around the apartment and silently thanked her roommate for keeping it semi clean in the time she spent doing the groceries. As Hyejoon reached out for the fridge she was startled in the midst of her actions by the sound of loud banging on her front door.

Kim Hyejoon open the door this instance!” a loud nasally voice spoke while the banging continued in an annoying upbeat manner. Letting out a loud curse Hyejoon made her way to her front door while the banging continued on, as she gripped the doorknob tight in her left hand she silently made a promise to herself to poison the drink of that all too familiar voice once she gets the chance. Expecting to see just one boy standing in her hallway, causing a ruckus that she sure will hear about from the neighbors, Hyejoon is momentarily silenced as she counts 5 pairs of eyes staring back at her as she crudely opens her front door. Not even given the chance to zero in on the bratty instigator the girl gets pushed aside as the earlier troublemaker all but tackles her dog in a loving embrace.