3xx

Porcelain Doll

Chapter Three: Nostalgic


Jongin's grandmother walks around the arts and crafts store, walking down the aisles that contained doll's clothes. Kyungsoo has his head sticking out her purse. “Wow, isn't this adorable.” She says as she holds out a blue frilly dress.

Umm.. I'm a male ma'am.” Kyungsoo clears his throat.

Oh yes that right!” She laughs as she puts the dress back down. “Plus that dress was a bit too small for you, don't you agree.” Kyungsoo nods. “Oh, please call me Grandmother, calling me ma'am is a bit too stiff.” She smiles as he walks down the aisle that contained ball jointed doll's clothes. “Now these are the perfect size for you.” She said as she lets Kyungsoo jump out her large purse. The doll stretches his legs as he looks around until something caught his eye.

G-grandmother-” He starts as the words grandmother rolls out of his mouth awkwardly, “What about that one?” The aged woman turns her head and smiles.

You like that one, Kyungsoo?” She asks as Kyungsoo nods shyly. “It'd look great on you. You'll look – oh what do kids say these days... badass... yes that's right! Badass!” She laughs as she take the clothes Kyungsoo chose for himself. It was already a pack so she quickly took it and another few packs Kyungsoo didn't see her take.

XXXXXXXXXX

Kyungsoo sits on the dinning table, his legs dangling on the edge. “Be careful Kyungsoo.” The aged woman warns as Kyungsoo slightly nods as he moves his dangling legs onto the table. “Here you go.” She smiles as she takes out the packs of clothing, taking out four extra packs Kyungsoo didn't see her purchase.

Grandmother, why are there other packs? I don't remember purchasing those.”

Well I bought them for you.” She smiles, wrinkles gathering in the corners of her eyes. She takes out a pack Kyungsoo chose for himself. “Here you go, try the ones you chose first.” Kyungsoo nods his head as he looks around for a place to change.

Umm.. Grandmother, where should I change?” He asks politely.

You can just change here.” She says as Kyungsoo's cheeks turn sligtly pink. “Oh, you'd like some privacy, wouldn't you?” Kyungsoo nods his head bashfully as she chuckles. “Okay, I'll turn around for you.”

Kyungsoo quickly strips out his clothes he's worn for years now into new clothes. The fabric was different it was much softer to what he was used to. Then he slips on his shoes. He looks at the small mirror Grandmother left. He smiles to himself, he was wearing a white button-up shirt with black jeans -skinny jeans- and some ankle-length boots. Maybe he did look badass. “I'm ready.” Kyungsoo calls out as Grandmother turns around with a big smile on her face.

Oh you look great Kyungsoo!” She smiles. “I'll give you your other clothes later. One of them is for sleeping.” Kyungsoo slightly nods mumbling a small “okay, thank you.”

XXXXXXXXXX

Kyungsoo sat on Jongin's bed as he waited for the male. Looking at the time it was past four and it was starting to get dark in Jongin's room. Kyungsoo has been sitting there for a while by himself and he didn't like it. It reminded him of being alone on the shelf at that old antique store he was in before someone purchased him.

Laying down on Jongin's bed he blows his light brown bangs away from his eyes. He was getting pretty bored being by himself. Maybe he should go and visit Grandmother. Pursing his lips he ventures through the dark hallway of the Kim's house. It seems that even Jongin's parents were still at work.

Walking down the dark hall he spots a light seeping through a open door. Bingo. He runs towards the door and opens it to see no one.Where was everyone? He frowns as he looks around the room to look for Jongin's grandmother. He soon sees there was a letter on the chair.

Kyungsoo,

If you find this letter this means that you're looking for me right now. Well I had an emergency and I had to rush back home, to Jongin's grandfather. Apparently he burned some chicken and he's starving and says he won't eat unless he has food.Goodness, Grandpa Kris can't handle buying his own food. Anyway, I left you your other clothes inside the bag next to the bed. Goodluck with Jongin dear, I'll be back soon. I've already informed Jongin's parents about my departure. I'll see you soon.

Grandmother Joonmyeona

Kyungsoo pouts as he puts down the letter and sees the bag of his clothes next to the bed. Walking towards the bag and opening it he sees the other clothes unboxed. There was a small tux, well it looked like victorian style formal attire, another pair of causal clothing, a pair of pajamas and, a fluffy one piece bunny suit. Wait what? A white bunny suit? Kyungsoo takes out the bunny suit and examines it. Did Grandma really buy this for him? Kyungsoo pouts as he looks at it. It would be a shame if he didn't use it.

XXXXXXXXXX

Kyungsoo looks at the pair of floppy bunny ears resting on the top of his head and his brown hair almost covering his eyes. Turning around he sees the white fluffy stub of a tail on his bottom. Shaking his bottom he looks at the mirror with a heart shaped smile he had to admit not wanting to be conceited,  he looks adorable.

Kyungsoo, where are you?” He hears as he turns around and hears footsteps through the empty halls. The dolls quickly slips the suit and quickly slips on the clothes he had on earlier and carefully climbs down the make-up dresser in Grandmother's room. Walking outside the room he stands infront of the room and sees Jongin looking around.

I'm right here, Jongin.” He says as Jongin looks at his direction and smiles.

There you are, I was worried.” He chuckles as he walks towards Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo notices Jongin's eyes trailing up and down making his cheeks flush pink. “I like your new outfit Kyungsoo. Did Grandmother buy it for you?” The doll nods as Jongin smiles. “It suits you.”

XXXXXXXXXX

Kyungsoo swings his legs back and forth on Jongin's dresser as he waits for Jongin to change from his school uniform and just noticing it was around eight in the evening. “You came home really late today.” Kyungsoo pouts, but not letting Jongin see.

Yeah, I was caught up in studying. I also didn't notice the time pass by. It sure went quick.” He chuckles to himself as he sits on his bed. “Were you looking for my grandmother earlier? Was that why you came from her room?” The porcelain doll nods his head.

I was waiting here but I felt a bit lonely and I wanted some company but then I learned your grandmother has returned home to her husband.” Kyungsoo replies as Jongin purses his lips. He didn't know why but he felt guilty for leaving Kyungsoo alone like that. Jongin slightly opens his mouth but then closes it again but opens it again about to say something but he hears his mother calling him from downstairs.

Do you want to come downstairs with me? We're going to eat dinner.” Jongin asks as Kyungsoo nods his head. Jongin smiles as he walks towards the door and watches Kyungsoo climb down from the dresser carefully. “C'mon slow poke.” He jokes as Kyungsoo finally get on the floor and pouts.

I'm made out of porcelain.” He mumbles quietly but quiet enough for Jongin not to hear.

Walking behind Jongin he sees Jongin's parents preparing dinner on the table. “We're having Chinese tonight Jongin. You're father and I both got home pretty late.” Jongin's mother says as Jongin walks towards the couch and lets Kyungsoo sit on the couch behind a pillow just to make sure he wasn't seen.

Sitting down in the dinning table Jongin picks up his chopsticks and the smell of cheap, yet satisfying food fill his nostrills. “Your Grandmother left earlier than usual this year. Your grandfather somehow burnt chicken and won't eat.” His mother scoffs. “It would've been much better if he came with her in the first place. He didn't feel like traveling this year since he was too tired.” She purses her lips. “But he said he'll be here next year.” She says as Jongin just nods casually turning his head to check up on Kyungsoo. Maybe if he can't eat anything, maybe he can drink something.

XXXXXXXXXX

Jongin quickly picks up Kyungsoo and takes him quietly back up to his room so he wouldn't get caught holding Kyungsoo with his parents. As he places Kyungsoo on his bed he rubs his hands together. Kyungsoo was cold as ice. “Do you want something warm to drink, Kyungsoo?” Jongin asks. “I'm going downstairs to get some hot chocolate.”

Hot chocolate?” Kyungsoo asks as Jongin nods. “Hot chocolate.” He says the words rolling smoothly from his tongue. “Okay, I'll try it. It sounds awfully familiar.” Jongin smiles as he heads downstairs and quickly makes hot chocolate and pours some in the smallest cup they owned.

As he brought up the cups of hot chocolate it was warm and it smelled sweet. Handing one to the doll sitting on the bed he sits down on a chair and sips. “Hope you like it.” Jongin smiles as he slips his cup of hot chocolate as he observes Kyungsoo staring inside the cup and listening to a few breaths coming from the doll. Yes, breaths. He didn't know what was inside but he wasn't thinking about asking.

Sipping the hot chocolate tasting the chocolate on his tongue he felt nostalgic. his lips he blinks.

***

So this is what hot chocolate tastes like.” He chuckled as he sips on the sweet drink leaving some whipped cream on his lips.

You're so cute Kyungsoo hyung.” Another male says as he Kyungsoo's lips, the whipped cream. “You're welcome.” He grins. “I love you Kyungsoo.”

I love you too, Kai.”

***

Kyungsoo looks at Jongin's direction and notices Jongin waving his hand back and forth at Kyungsoo.

Finally, you stopped blinking.” Jongin laughs. “What were you thinking about?”

Nothing.” Kyungsoo lies. “I'm just enjoying this drink.” He replies as he finishes the drink. No whipped cream left on his lips.

XXXXXXXXXX

The rustling of clothes and talking soon wakes Kyungsoo up from his sleep to see Jongin shifting through his closet looking for his uniform while talking on the phone. “You're already here? Wow Sehun, you get here fast.” Jongin rolls his eyes making the doll laugh as he sits up. “You can come in, my parents are at work already. Remember they leave early on Friday's. Yes Sehun, you can come up.” He says as he turns off his phone and sees Kyungsoo. “Good morning.” He smiles. “One more day until the weekend.” Jongin laughs as he hears the door knob turn. A brunette comes in the room with a grin and sits on Jongin's bed not noticing Kyungsoo.

Yehet! Today's Friday!” He laughs as he waits for Jongin to finish changing. “You and Soojung gonna hangout this weekend?” Jongin shrugs.

I don't know. Why?”

Because if you're not I'm going to hangout with you instead.” He says. “I want to be away from home. It's getting boring.” He pouts as he lays down still not noticing the doll with widened eyes.

for you.” Jongin sticks his tongue out as he slips on his backpack. “C'mon, we better get going.” Sehun nods as he walks out the door before. Jongin turns and looks at Kyungsoo and mouths something Kyungsoo didn't get to catch. He waves as Kyungsoo before he follows his friend.

As Kyungsoo stands up and does his usual routine by climbing down the bed he accidentally lets go of the comforter on Jongin's bed but lands on his feet.

Crack.

At first Kyungsoo felt a little bit strange but he walks towards the door and looks around through the hallway. The silence of the house surrounding him. He looks down at the stairs and carefully went downstairs.

As he finally ventured down the stairs for about thirty minutes or two hours to Kyungsoo he finally gets to the bottom. He rests his hands on his hips and stands there. Finally the climb is over. The doll walks over towards the couch and sees a piece of paper. It was to him.

Kyungsoo,

Good morning. I made you some hot chocolate before I left. I noticed you liked it so I made you some before I left for school. I'll see you later. I might be home late today since it's Friday.

Jongin

Next to the letter was a whole mug of hot chocolate but it wasn't so hot anymore. But Kyungsoo grinned as he took a sip from the cup. While he drank his drink he wonders who Soojung was and what he saw in his mind a memory? Why did this person named Kai look a bit like Jongin? Kyungsoo didn't know. He knows he hasn't seen Jongin before, but then he doesn't remember everything in his past life. Has he fell in love before? Has he fell in love with this male named Kai? Pursing his lips he wonders, maybe there are objects that help him remember things. But what are those objects. Maybe some of those memories can be triggered by actions as well. This really interested Kyungsoo. But now all he can do is keep it a secret and find out about it later.


Hello~

Chapter Three my friends~ ^^

hope you like it and please do comment, i'd love to hear what you think

if you really like it so far please upvote/subscribe

have any questions about this story?

ask.fm

you can also as Grandma Joonmyeona and Grandpa Kris questions on there too and ask them if they know anything.

Yes that's right. I said Grandma Joonmyeona and Grandpa Kris