2xx

Porcelain Doll

Chapter Two: Talking Dolls


Are you really a doll?” Jongin asks as Kyungsoo stares at him and blinks. “You know I heard you talking. I know you can talk.” He chuckles as Kyungsoo just smiles and nods.

Jongin.” Kyungsoo says. Jongin doesn't know why but Kyungsoo's voice is sweet as honey. A strange voice coming from a porcelain doll indeed. “Kim Jongin.”

Yes?” Jongin asks as he swallows his saliva. He couldn't believe he was actually talking to a doll.

I've heard many things about you. You're grandmother has spoken good things about you.” He says as he wiggles his fingers and moves his fragile hands. Jongin looks at Kyungsoo muttering a small “oh.”

This was something Jongin never realized would ever happen in his life. A porcelain doll was talking to him, this was something he would expect from movies. But then, what if this was a movie? What if Jongin was still in a deep slumber after his grandmother knocked on his door in the morning. “Are you actually alive?” He asks as Kyungsoo looks at his with his large eyes and chuckles, putting his hand on his stomach with a small nod. “Wow.” Jongin mumbles as he stares at Kyungsoo with amazement. “How is that possible?”

My soul actually transferred to this doll. I was a human before too before I-” He stops and presses his lips into a thin line. “This vessel – doll – is actually made having some of the same facial features I did when I was alive. What you're looking now is a mere replica. Well, what I used to look like.”

Jongin's mind was filled with questions he wanted to be answered like, “What happened?” or “How long have you been in the doll?” but the question that stood out from all of them was, “How did you die?” But Jongin decides not to bother asking that question since it seemed like a delicate subject to talk about but now Jongin was just taking in the fact that he was talking to a doll that contains a human soul that too had feelings and emotions.

As the human and doll sat in silence their thoughts were somewhere else. Jongin just kept staring at the doll, he looks so delicate, so fragile. Jongin was afraid to touch him, he felt like Kyungsoo was another human being. He technically was but his body wasn't.

Kyungsoo sat in front of Jongin, he let his feet dangle from the box he sat from. Jongin seems like a interesting person. But then at this point everything seems interesting to Kyungsoo. He doesn't always get to interact with other humans,he also hasn't talked to any other souls in the same situation as him in a while. The last time he talked to another soul like him was when he was still in that antique store years ago. When he was still placed on top of the shelf with another soul. Baekhyun. He was purchased by a tall male that worked at the antique named Chanyeol. Chanyeol would always smile when he would see Baekhyun. The male would always pick him up and stare at Baekhyun with a gummy smile. But one day Chanyeol decided to quit the store to focus on his studies, but Kyungsoo remembers before Chanyeol left he purchased Baekhyun. That was when Kyungsoo last spoke to another soul. Then a few months later, he was purchased by a woman that had a little girl with her.

Kyungsoo stares blankly at Jongin as the latter did the same. Jongin soon clears his throat and stands up. “Well Kyungsoo, would you like anything? Umm... do you eat anything?” He asks awkwardly which was something Kyungsoo finds adorable.

Kyungsoo shakes his head with a smile on his face. “I don't think we really eat anything. Especially in this state.” He says as he points to himself with a small smile. Jongin chuckles as he rubs the back of his neck nervously. He felt like it was the most obvious thing out there. Of course Kyungsoo couldn't eat anything in his current state.

XXXXXXXXXX

Jongin looks both ways as he walks out his room. He wanted to make sure his parents weren't nearby, he didn't want to risk Kyungsoo being seen. So far no one was roaming through the halls. Jongin turns his head and looks at Kyungsoo signaling that it was okay to come out. He didn't want Kyungsoo to always be stuck in his room all day, he must be pretty bored always being stuck in his room all week.

Kyungsoo smiles as he runs behind Jongin and hides behind his leg. He was about the size of Jongin's calves but Jongin finds the way Kyungsoo hides behind him cute. The doll pokes his head out the door and double checks to see if anyone was there. “It's fine, nobody is there.” Jongin chuckles as he moves to the side to let the doll walk through. As Kyungsoo passes through the door frame he smiles as he walks in the middle of the hall and spins around in glee. “I knew you were bored in there.” Jongin smiles as he stands next to the door frame crossing his arms smiling. “Hey do you want to go to my grandma's room?” He asks as Kyungsoo looks at him and nods as he follows Jongin down the hall.

Jongin knocks on the door's wooden surface. “The door's open.” They hear Jongin's grandmother say as Jongin turns the doorknob and lets Kyungsoo in before he does. “Ah, Kyungsoo.” His grandmother smiles as she sees Kyungsoo's small body walk inside her room. “Has Jongin been treating you well?” She asks as Kyungsoo nods his head. “That's good. I'm glad he finally found out about you.”

Kyungsoo laughs, “He actually found out the day you talked to me. He heard us.” He says looking up at Jongin with a smile. “After you left he started talking to me.” Jongin's grandmother looks at the doll and human and smiles.

I'm glad the two of you are well.” She says as they hear footsteps through the halls. “You better hide, Kyungsoo. Jongin's parents are coming.” Kyungsoo looks around and hides behind the bed as the door creaks open. It was Jongin's mother.

I didn't expect you to be here, Jongin.” His mother says as she steps inside. “I was going to say that we're going to eat outside. Is that alright?” Jongin and his grandmother nods as his mother smiles as she closes the door behind her. Jongin knew what this meant, he was going to leave Kyungsoo behind. It wasn't the first time he left Kyungsoo behind. There were sometimes when he had to go somewhere with his parents but he didn't always like the idea of leaving him behind. He didn't want Kyungsoo to feel lonely or bored by himself.

Kyungsoo and Jongin walked through the hallway with caution as they enter Jongin's room. “So I'm just going to leave the t.v. as we're away. Is that alright?” Jongin asks as Kyungsoo climbs up on Jongin's bed and sits down, legs cris cross, his hands on his lap. He nods as Jongin places the remote next to Kyungsoo which was half his size. “We'll be back in a few hours okay?” Kyungsoo slightly pouts as he nods and presses one of the remotes buttons and changes the channel to a cooking channel. Jongin looks at him and asks, “Why do you want to watch that? Do you want to learn how to cook?” The doll shrugs with a small smile and turns his head and watches the show. The show was showing how to cook kimchi spaghetti. “Bye Kyungsoo.” Jongin says softly as Kyungsoo watches the show not paying any heed to the male leaving the room.

XXXXXXXXXX

As Jongin sits next to his grandmother in the restaurant she looks at him and asks, “How was Kyungsoo? Did you leave the television for him to watch?” Jongin nods as he sips his water. “Do you remember what I said about human souls having two chances in living?” He nods again. “Well, you know, Kyungsoo has a chance of becoming human if someone wants him alive.”

Grandma, do you know how Kyungsoo.... became what he is now?”

She purses her lips and places her hand on his, “He'll tell you soon. But maybe if you ask him the right time he will tell you. Have you tried asking him yet?” Jongin shook his head with a pout. “Maybe you can try asking him someday.” Jongin nods as he hears his phone beep, it was a text message. While checking the message, Jongin smiles and texts back with a huge grin on his lips. “Who are you texting?”

Jongin looks up and turns off his phone. “It's nothing. It's just a friend.” He replies as his phone beeps again. The message he received contained hearts and xoxo's.

XXXXXXXXXX

The door opens with a creaking sound as Jongin enters his bedroom. The television was turned off the lights nothing was . He starts looking around his room with the light from his phone. “Kyungsoo?” He softly whispers as he looks in Kyungsoo's box or his self-made bed but Kyungsoo wasn't there. “Kyungsoo?” He calls out again but there was no answer. As he turns to his bed he sees a little lump underneath the covers and a small tuff of light brown hair poking out from underneath the covers. Jongin smiles to himself as he uncovers the owner of the hair. Kyungsoo was sleeping soundly, his small chest moving up and down slowly in a calm rhythm. Jongin almost forgot Kyungsoo wasn't a human. He looks so delicate as he slept. Jongin almost couldn't take his eyes off the sleeping doll. He smiles to himself as he moves Kyungsoo's makeshift bed onto his bedside table and cups Kyungsoo into his arms and places him slowly into his bed.

XXXXXXXXXX

Where are you going?” Kyungsoo asks as he watches Jongin looking through his closet. He was still bundled underneath layers of cloth Jongin placed on him last night.

I have to go to school.” Jongin replied as he he finally finds his uniform he hasn't worn in two weeks. “And I only have thirty minutes left before my friend Sehun comes by. We walk to school together. Do you not remember going to school, Kyungsoo?” The doll shook his head and shrugs.

I don't really remember everything from my human life. Maybe a few fragments, but some of those fragments are some I wish were the ones I forgot.” Kyungsoo replies as Jongin quickly slips on his uniform and buttons it up. “When will you be back?” Jongin looks at the watch he slipped on.

Maybe around four if I'm lucky.” He smiles as he slips on his backpack. “I have to go downstairs now, if you need anything you can just go to my grandma.” He says as he walks out the door and looks at Kyungsoo one more time. “I'll see you later Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo stands up and climbs out his bed then jumps onto Jongin's bed and finally climbing down. He stands with his hands on his sides. That was a bit tiring for him to do, does he have to do that everyday? He breathes as he stretches and walks towards the door widening the crack Jongin left behind for him of he wanted to get out the room.

As he pokes his head through the door he looks both sides of the hall and makes sure no one was coming his way. After a few seconds of observing his surroundings he walks out to hear voices from downstairs. “What's up Jongin! How was your break?” A male voice says. That must belong to Jongin's best friend Sehun, Kyungsoo nods to himself as he walks towards Jongin's grandmother's room. “Have you been hanging out with Soojung?” He asks. Kyungsoo stops dead in his tracks and listens. Who was this Soojung they were talking about? Was this one of Jongin's friends Kyungsoo didn't know about? He purses his lips as he listens to the conversation from downstairs, he knew he shouldn't be eavesdropping but he was so curious. “We didn't really handout during break. We just texted each other this time. Plus my grandma was visiting, so you know quality family time. My parents don't know about her yet.” Jongin replies. Kyungsoo suddenly starts hearing footsteps coming towards his direction. He looks up and sees it was Jongin's grandmother.

Kyungsoo, what are you doing out here? You could get caught.” Jongin's grandmother says as Kyungsoo shook his head.

I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking of the consequences that could occur.” Kyungsoo frowns as he looks down at his feet.

Oh, don't worry.” She smiles, Jongin's parents are both at work anyway. Would you like to come with me to go shopping? I'll buy you some clothes since you've always been wearing the same clothes of the past few weeks.” Kyungsoo smiles, a heart forming on his lips. “I bet you're tired of wearing the same clothes over and over again, am I right?” She smiles warmly as Kyungsoo slowly nods with his hands behind his back. “You're precious. We'll be leaving in a few minutes she says as Kyungsoo follows her towards her room and waits for her to get ready.

2nd chapter~ woooo

Hope you like this chapter Dreamers

Who is Soojung? Can anyone guess?

If you like this story please comment, subscribe, and upvote?

just comments are fine, I love what you guys think so far about the story

it really motivates me to update or well.. update more haha

oh and some shameless advertising. It's made by my unnie, it's her first story on AFF and I'm the co-author (more like beta reader..)

but if you can please check it out, it doesn't really have any kpop idols, but we're planning to change that.

Even if you check it out that would be awsome!

Silent Love