~Yesterdae: Part 2~

Daes of Love

"So...now what?" Luhan awkardly shuffled his feet against the rough floor.

Jongdae opened the book again.

 


Yixing and I kissed. He didn't pull away and I certainly didn't either.

I opened my eyes about half way into the kiss and looked around.

I couldn't help but notice Luhan had curled up into a ball, looking really really sad. He's quite cute himself, I wonder why Yixing didn't go for him. Wait, Yixing was with Kyungsoo? No, wait, Kyungsoo didn't seem to care at all when Yixing and I kissed. Really, I should have double-checked in case they were, as I don't go around kissing other people's boyfriends.

But Yixing isn't dating Kyungsoo, it seems. He kissed me with a passion that only somebody who was really into me could.

And maybe, just maybe, he enjoyed our moment as much as I did.


Monday

I'm considering asking Yixing out.

But I'm not sure if it is a good idea. How can somebody so quiet and seemingly sweet be interested in me? I'm so loud and annoying (not as much as Chanyeol though, at least) and...bleugh. Yixing deserves the best boyfriend ever. And I wish I could be that guy for him but I...I just don't measure up to the other guys around. Luhan seems so nice and good. Maybe he should be with Yixing.


Tuesday

Chanyeol and I have started to sit with Yixing and his friends at lunch:))

Something weird happened. I saw some fries just sitting there and I was hungry so I took some.

You know, that was actually pretty rude of me. Bad Jongdae!

Luhan came and stared angrily at me. Those were his fries.

I'm sorry Luhan.

Here, you can take Yixing. Not that he was mine to begin with.

I'm sure he likes you more.

He sure doesn't like me or anything:'((


Wednesday

"I like Yixing"

Chanyeol stared at me carefully.

"O-Okay? Good for you, I guess?"

I sighed. "Do you think he likes me?"

Chanyeol just sipped his tiny little juice box, which looked even smaller in hands as gigantic as Chanyeol's.

"Uh, I don't know man, why don't you ask him?"

I rolled my eyes. "I can't confess!"

"...Well, why's that?"

"Because he'll say no and then he'll hate me and then he'll run off and live with Luhan in their magical castle in the sky. Then they'll sit on their sparkly thrones and laugh about the time Jongdae tried to ask Yixing out and then they'll laugh even more and I will stay here on the ground, crying. Forever."

Chanyeol looked at me pitifully.

"Why don't you hint your feelings to one of his friends, if you're so scared to tell Yixing yourself?"

I thought about this for the rest of the day.


Friday

When I saw Yixing today, he looked even cuter than he did at the party.

Wah, why me?

"Hey, how's it going?" I tried to talk to him.

"Good, you?" he mumbled back, dazed and distracted by something.

Maybe he was thinking about Luhan. My smile fell from my face. Yixing didn't want to talk to me.

"Well, I need to go find Kyungsoo..." I trailed off.

"Oh, what for?..." My perfect Yixing sounded disappointed.

"Oh there he is!" I spotted Kyungsoo. Perfect timing. "Hey Yixing, I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I was trying to get away from him as quickly as possible. I didn't want to but I could tell Yixing wasn't interested in conversing with me.

Panting heavily, I stopped in front of Kyungsoo.

"I need your help."

Kyungsoo tilted his head to the side. "With what, Jongdae?"

"I-I like this guy, right? And I-"

Kyungsoo cut me off with a frusturated exhale. "Jongdae, I'm sorry, but I'm not really in the mood to talk about feelings right now."

"...Oh, I'm sorry. May I ask w-"

"I DON'T WANNA TALK ABOUT IT!"

I backed away, my hands in front of my face. "Sorry, sorry. I'm sorry Kyungsoo."

He sighed again and his expression softened. "I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have overreacted. It's just...I like someone who doesn't reciprocate my feelings. And, well, it's hard."

"I understand, Kyungsoo. I'm in the same boat as you," I explained.

"Really?"

"Yes, really?"

He sniffled a bit. "I never thought I'd say this but-but I want a hug!..."

"Kyungsoo..." I hugged the whimpering little penguin in front of me. "It's going to be okay..." I whispered.

For Kyungsoo anyway.


Tuesday

I'm at a helpless state.

Something awful happened today. I had been innocently playing unicorn with Lay in the school fields. Usually I would just do it at the stables but Joonmyeon hyung's graduation was today and I didn't want to miss it.

All of a sudden, Yixing came running up to me.

My throat felt hot. I swiped Lay's make-shift horn off the ground, not wanting Yixing to see how embarressing I was.

Or maybe he already knows.

I could never forget what he had said to me after.

"I-I want you to know that I think you're really special. And I've always thought that since my first day here. Since the first time we spoke and you asked me something but I still have no idea what you said because I was too busy staring at, well you.
I hung on to every word you said after that though. You're really funny but you know when is the right time to calm down. You're really smart, even when we're around people like Baekhyun. I mean, I'm not calling him stupid, but I think you know what I mean.
And when you kissed me at the party-it didn't even bother me that your mouth had been on somebody- two somebodies- else's just a few seconds ago. All that mattered to me was that you noticed me, even if it had only been provoked by a dare. I don't know how I was able to fall so quickly. Maybe not in love yet, but I want to. And when that happens, I want you to be the one beside me. Because I really, really, really like you, Kim Jongdae."

Yixing confessed to me.

That seems like the opposite of bad but...I couldn't believe he could play such a mean joke on me. I don't know who put him up to this but the fact that Yixing would do this to me hurts me more.

I knew he could never like me the way I like him but...wow.

I just want to crawl in bed and cry. I want to hug Lay, but he's back at the stables.

I never want to see Yixing ever again.


 

"And after that you guys called me up and told me he was missing," Jongdae shrugged. "As soon as I heard that I might not actually see him ever again, I just- I knew that wasn't what I actually wanted."

Luhan sighed. "I don't know what to say...I'm sorry..."

"For what? You didn't do anything wrong, Luhan."

"I know, but still, I-"

He was suddenly cut off by the sounds of multiple footsteps ing towards them. Sehun led the stampede towards Jongdae and Luhan, waving his cell phone in the air wildly.

"Hyungs!" he cried, his green hair damp with sweat.

"Sehun!" Jongdae and Luhan exclaimed in unison.

The younger boy was clearly out of breath as he stopped in front of his hyungs. "I-I..." he started, struggling to stop panting.

"What's wrong? What's going on?" Jongdae was frantic. "Sehun, what happened?"

Sehun pushed his hair back. "I-I got a hold of Tao, hyung, and-and-"

"And what?" Luhan practically screamed. "Sehun, what did Tao say?"

Sehun finally stopped panting to say the words everyone had been waiting all day to hear.

"He said he knows where Yixing is."