Chapter 17

A Band of Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~ Sungmin’s POV ~

 

Jungsoo hyung's words still lingered in my mind though it’s been few nights since our meeting. I knew I had to decide about it before it is too late.

 

I spent the following nights thinking about it until I finally decided to go back to the studios. Honestly, I also missed practicing with my friends. After clearing out my mind of worries and doubts, I think I had gained back a little confidence in myself again.

 

So now I found myself heading back to the studios after my classes were finished. Nothing had really changed.  Everyone is still intimidating and I noticed that the trainees were separated by gender. Usually it was by the time we had joined the company.

 

Anyways, I haven't met many of the girl trainees before so it does not really matter. I continued to scan the place in search of something new changes during my absence.

 

I climbed the stairs slowly to buy more time before I face my friends and other fellow trainees. Somehow, I am nervous to see them again. I wonder if they are mad at me.

 

I had also missed so many training sessions that I'm afraid that I am so left behind. Can I still be able to catch up with them? If not then what will happen to me?

 

My thoughts were suddenly disturbed when someone called my name.

 

"Sungmin? ...Sungmin hyung!!!" somebody called me from the back. I turned around and saw Donghae running up the stairs to catch up with me.

 

"Sungmin hyung!... I -- we missed you!" he said when he stopped in front of me.

 

"Donghae...," I mumbled his name not knowing how to respond to his warm affection.

 

"What did you do in the past weeks? Or rather months? We haven't seen you for so long!" he exclaimed a little too loud.

 

"I was just at home... I don't know but it seems I lost my will when the project group got cancelled," I replied with my head bowed down.

 

He did not say anything after that and there was silence for a few minutes. I was worried that I made him upset but suddenly I felt his hands holding mine. He grabbed me and we walked together towards the practice room.

 

"It doesn't matter... It happens to everyone but I'm glad you are finally back..." he said quietly on the way.

 

I smiled in appreciation to my friend. I thought he would reprimand me for being so weak and giving up easily but he was so understanding to me.

 

"I'm sure the hyungs will be happy to see you again!" he said excitedly.

 

We reached the practice room and there were already a couple of trainees warming up their voices for the vocal lessons. Donghae pulled me into the room to where our friends are.

 

"Hyungs! Look, I have a surprise for you!!" he said and I am hiding at his back so I cannot see who is he talking to.

 

"What surprise?" said by the voice I recognize as Jongwoon hyung.

 

"Just look... hyungs!" Donghae was so persistent in getting the attention of the hyungs. He stepped aside and finally I saw the faces of the friends that I haven't seen for a long time.

 

"Sungmin!!" Hyukjae said who hugged me immediately.

 

"You jerk! Why didn't you showed for the past months?" Youngwoon said but he was smiling.

 

"Hyungs... I'm sorry..." I said. All I can do was to apologize to them. I was so touched by their warm welcome. The rest of them gathered around me to take turns in hugging me.

 

"As long as you're now okay... it's fine to us," Jongwoon said while patting my head gently like his younger brother.

 

I just stayed quiet in their embrace and once my gaze caught the eyes of Jungsoo hyung who was smiling proudly for me. I smiled back at him.

 

"Uhhh...hey guys... I think we need to stop all the lovey-dovey moments before the trainer arrives," Donghae suddenly spoke.

 

We broke the hugs but the bonds between us became stronger. We have different personalities but we became friends and got along with each other quickly.

 

 

*             *             *

 

~ Siwon’s POV ~

 

"Just think of the saddest moment of your life and your tears will immediately fall down... Common' it’s not that hard hyung!" Donghae prompted Heechul hyung during one of our acting sessions.

 

"I'm not a crybaby like you!" Heechul retorted back.

 

"Hyung's personality is strong so I think it makes him hard to show his emotions..." I said. "What do you think Kibum?"

 

We have finally met Kibum once he started training here. He is a newbie but Donghae had already met him months before so he became one of friends.

 

"Maybe hyung is shy... " Kibum said.  He is usually quiet even when everybody is so loud. He is also the youngest among us.

 

"What did you say? Shy? Me?? I'm not!!" Heechul hyung yelled.

 

"Then why didn't you do it when the trainer asked you to cry!" Donghae replied informally.

 

"Yaah! My tears are precious... I don't give it to anyone just like that!" hyung replied.

 

Kibum chuckled beside me and I cannot help but laugh at my hyung's stubbornness. He does what he wants and usually it gives the staffs and trainers some headache.

 

"Hyung... I don't know what to do to you..." Donghae shook his head helplessly.

 

Heechul smirked which usually annoys Donghae and the rest of us but now it feels funny to watch our hyung who doesn't want to cry.

 

"Hey Siwon, I heard that they have chosen you to star in a sunbae's music video. You are so lucky!" he said.

 

"Is it true? Congratulations! We need to celebrate!!" Donghae said in glee.

 

“It is only a small cameo. Nothing much had happened,” I said bashfully.

 

“You are too humble! Didn’t you notice? The company likes you because you look like Kangta sunbaenim!” Donghae answered back.

 

“I agree. You’re the younger version of him,” Kibum butted in.

 

“See even Kibum agrees! I’m so happy for you!”

 

“Donghae, I don’t know what you have eaten today that made you so hyper like that… anyways thank you for your support. But, it should have been you hyung…” I said looking into Heechul hyung’s eyes. “You’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter