A Winter Angel

My Winter Romance

My stare follows Boyfriend as they exiting out.

I elbow Mizuki and asking, “WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT!? Why jeongmin did a bow to us?”  
“Nothing! I just told them were huge fans of them!” she replies.

The crowd keeps getting less and lesser as each hour passes by. I know that Boyfriend isn’t here anymore. They are probably busy and they have some schedules to follow.

"Hey I gotta go home now." Mizuki is looking at me with her cute little eyes. I pick up my heavy shoulder bag on the floor, "You invited me here and now you’re leaving me!???” I am not mad, but I am just disappointed, and I couldn’t get mad at her.

“My mom called me. She needs me at the house right now. Sorry….I didn’t ask for her permission. I didn’t know that it would take this long”. , says Mizuki. I believe her because I know how strict my aunt is.

“Fine, there’s no one here anyway….I guess I'll just stay here and skate for a bit." I am a little bit upset and lonely .I wave goodbyes to her and on my way to the change room to put on my skating shoes.

 I grab the handle of the door and opening it wildly. As I enter, I stand there like I am in a coma and not daring to move any muscle. All I can hear is my breathe and my heart pounding so loudly that it feels like my chest was going to be ripped as my heart wants to be free.

Boyfriend is now right infront of my eyes, having a rough time untying their skates. I don’t think they notice me,…. But then Jeongmin glimpses at me and my eyes widened and I look away. I want to act normal so I sit on the corner in the changing room but I am literally so tense right now and the atmosphere becomes so heavy. More like…. awkward”…..

As I put  on my skates... I suddenly I hear a silvery voice. It is very clear, light and pleasant to hear……

 

              "Do you speak Korean?” Jeongmin questioning me in English and I can hear that accent----that heavy ….but y accent!
“Uhmmmm…. Nae! (Yes) I—I----- I do!” Iam stuttering while answering him with my Korean words and I am feeling so stupid at the moment. I just wanna hit my head on the wall right now. So embarrassing.

“Arent you our fan? Do you skate?" he starts asking me more questions in korean and Iam smiling like an innocent child! I couldnt believe he is talking to me! Lee JEONGMIN remembers me! I never felt so thrilled in my whole life that no words are coming out of my mouth so I just nod like a four year old. I dont mean to act that cute, but I clearly don’t know what’s going on with me. This is just like a dream.


           "Woah! You can skate!? Daebak!! (Awesome)!! … Donghyun- Hyung lets skate and she can teach us!" Jeongmin turns his head to Donghyun and trying to convince him.
               "Lets stay! Lets stay! Hyung!" Youngmin interrupts and looks at their leader with his undoubted large eyes.
               "Okay Okay! I’ll just call our manager that we will be a little late. I also want to atleast try skating a bit on the ice." Donghyun finally agrees.
                "Ughhh …..Great!" I whisper awkwardly under my breathe.

While I am putting on my skates…. 3 pairs of eyes are staring at me so I hurry up a bit.

 "Come on follow me! We have some equipment in the storage room." I instruct them. 


When suddenly, Youngmin suggesting, "I'll go lock the building doors so no one will catch us." And off he goes… 
                
Jeongmin and Donghyun are following behind me and we grab some metal walkers, helmets, shoulder pads, hockey stick and puck in the storage room. They help me carry those things which is really courteous!

I headed first to the ice skating rink and when I touch the ice, I couldn’t help but feel nostalgic. How this brings back some memories. I skate around and feel the cold breeze hitting my face. But it wasn’t painful, it was more like hmm… whats the word …..“FREEDOM” … feels like I am in the air.

I am getting carried away by my feelings and thoughts while I am skating and I completely forget about them. Jeongmin clears his throat and that made me chuckle, “Go on… You won’t fall! It doesn’t even hurt when you fall”

Donghyun and Youngmin are entering the rink and Jeongmin approaches lastly. Donghyun and Youngmin are skating very clumsily on the other side and they are so into it… that they clearly forgetting about Jeongmin. So…. I end up alone with him..
                 "When did you start skating?", jeongmin asking me . I can feel like he wants to make the mood lighter.
                "Since I was a kid….," I let out a little laugh.

"Here I'll show you some moves!" I am a complete show off and shows him a cool way to stop, spin, jump, and a spiral.I figure that I should hide my mittens in my pocket and offer my hand!. Of course, this is my only chance that I can touch those hands…. I have been waiting for this! " Uhmmm….DO you mind?" I ask him….

 He takes my hand and damn! It feels like we are on a date…..

I am dragging him and skating as fast I can as I feel those manly hands pressing into mine and his grip is getting tighter. Jeongmin make a deep-pitched scream as he is not expecting that it gonna be that fast! He follows my lead and as we skate...The air whispers right infront of my face with its cold breeze. I am slowly closing my eyes and treasuring this very moment.  I become so lost in a deep version of my own perfect world…. I want so desperately to reach it, but I would never find it---- I don’t know how.

 How I wish it would be like this forever…. How I wish time would stop….. How I wish that I am not the only one feeling this way….. I hope he feels the same way too….

 

I am feeling emotional and so into the moment that suddenly, I hear…..

“YAAAAAH!!!”  he shrills and he pulling me as we get closer getting slammed on the walls of the ice skating rink. I immediately or alteast I try …. my best to stop!, using my skates. It is really hard to control it when someone is holding onto you.

I AM an idiot…. A BIG IDIOT. I lose my balance and we both fall, hitting our butts and back on the cold hard ice. Oh .

I don’t expect it…., but Jeongmin let out a laugh---- an adorable laugh! A laugh that I’ve never heard before, it is so bright and cheerful like the world would laugh with him. I smile and study his face---- his features.

His chocolate-brown depth eyes glistens as it reflects with the ice. His lips---yes those full lips… that are tempting me to be closer. And his hair that is a rich shade of brown. It flows in a wave perfectly that contrasts his porcelain skin. He is just so beautiful. The fact that he is a living being is unbelievably magnificent.

His lips are moving and trying to say something to me. I can’t hear any words from him. Among my stillness is a pounding heart. A heart beating so fast that I wonder if he could hear it.
I shake my head and focus on what he is saying. We never move from where we fell and his voice echoes in my ears as he says softly…. “What’s your name?”

I whisper , “Jo” and notices that he is gazing into my eyes.

“You’re really pretty”, those words comes out from his tempting soft lips.

His hand moves slowly…. by slowly until it reaches my cheek. I feel the warmth in his hand and the desire from his eyes. I can feel the fast thud of my heart through his single touch. His stare locked up with my eyes and I wanted to look away , but it was so captivating that there was no escape.

He makes little movements and tilted his head sideways. His face is moving closer …. And closer … more closer to mine. I can see his long lashes getting closer ro mine, blinking very gracefully and fluttering like a butterfly’s wings. We are just less than an inch away from each other and I can already feel his breathe. And …… and….. those lips that I was longing for ….was now pressing with mine.

I shut my eyes and just feel the sincere and romantic kiss…. yet very gentle and innocent.  It melts my insides and immerses me in its depths.

 Our lips separate gradually and once again he looks at me for the last time and plants a kiss on my forehead.

Now…. I feel a touch on my shoulder, and I know it is not from Jeongmin….