If the Fates Allow

My Winter Romance

With a temperature of -22C I don't really feel like going outside. I just want to stay in my room and wrap myself in a cozy blanket while drinking a hot chocolate. But as I peek on my window, I look at the snow and mesmerize by it.  How can a lifeless ‘thing” falls so naturally and covers the street and trees so stunningly? I am zoning out for a bit when suddenly….

 “RING RING RING” .!!!! I stand up and pick up my phone.

“GOOD MORNING JO !!! WHAT ARE YOU UP TO THIS AFTERNOON!?” she doesn't let me answer first and continue with ….Let’s go to the skating rink this afternoon!!! There will be a big event later…err, I think it’s some organization’s anniversary or something!!” She is so excited which made me jump for a bit.

“Uhmmm… okay?  I am not doing anything today anyways and it has been a long time since I’ve skated.” I reply to Mizuki. I actually want to refuse her invitation, but she’s my younger cousin and like I’ve said, its been almost a year since I’ve skated. I kinda miss the feeling of the ice.

So I hurry up and put on my cute comfy sweater and a scarf! We decide to meet infront of the rink since we know its gonna be crowded. We come inside together and SURPRISE!!!!  The skating rink is filled with crowd of people. I don’t think it is a “crowd of people” …it's more like …. “tons of people”!!!
There are so many people that I feel like I will get lost. So, Mizuki grabs my hand and lead me to the seats. I cant believe that I am actually 2 years older than her, but she is more mature! So we get up to our seats and she chooses the seats that are in the highest row so we can have a full view of the rink and actually see what’s going on.

A few minutes later….

The lights dim and the MC skates towards the middleof the rink. The spotlight is on him and he starts welcoming everyone and saying bunch of stuff that I really don't really care that much. Then the MC starts informing us about the program, events and he announces….

THANKYOU LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I’D NOW LIKE TO WELCOME TO THE STAGE, OUR SPECIAL GUESTS, …. BOYFRIEND!

That capture my attention!! My jaw just literally drop and I look at Mizuki, “Did he just say .. BOYFRIEND!? As in a KPOP Ba---“

“YES! Yes! BOYFRIEND! A KPOP BAND!” she reacts and makes a loud scream. 

Then we start SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF OUR LUNGS!! It was more like a "squeel" since its really high-pitched AAAAAAAHHHH!!

The people seating next to us just literally judging us! , BUT We DONT REALLY CARE! I cant believe it!! WHY IS BOYFRIEND HERE? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!

The audience are clapping unenthusiastically because they really don't know them. But I still couldn’t believe it!!! Then their leader, Donghyun, comes out with skates then following by Youngmin and Jeongmin!! I am waiting for the other members to come out, but only the three of them are here today, I guess. But I keep scanning around hoping I will see all of them.

The MC is calling and signaling them to skate forward. Boyfriend are skating very awkwardly and with few stumbles. So one of the staffs is whisperingsomething to the MC and he nods as he clearly understands it and skates towards Boyfriend, while they are holding on to the rails.

The MC gives the microphone to Donghyun….. as he begins to talk, Mizuki just blurts out, “OPPA!!! OPPA!!(means older brother or girls use it to act cute or charming) calling him and capturing Donghyun's attention. He looks around to finds out where that loud noise is coming from and wave to us

Annyeonghaseyo (Hello)!” He introduces in Korean while one of the lady beside them, I guess she's the translator… is translating everything they are saying.

Their introduction ends , I am trying to be calm because I can see some of my schoolmates in here and I don’t want them to find out that I am an “obsessed fangirl”.  I guess, Mizuki is finally revealing my secrets!! She stands up and quickly started running down the steps.

I pull her coat.. “What Do you think you’re doing!?”

“WHAT THE ELSE DO YOU THINK IM DOING HUH!?... lets go meet them! she pauses for a second and looks at me.

“We can do that later, you know! Lets do it when everyone is gone and I don’t want Boyfriend to think that we are crazy fangirls! They might run away from us!” I am trying to convince her. But that doesn't stop her. 

“Its now or never, JO!!” NOW OR NEVER!” she talks back. I stand up in my seat and follows her. Right!!! Its now or never. I don’t care what other people think! I will gather all my courage, but I am extremely nervous inside! I still couldn’t believe it that they are right infront of my eyes.

As I was saying, we stand up on our seats and started walking to the glass of the ice skating rink to get a glimpse of them. We are heading to the exit so we could meet them there once they got out. Boyfriend is now coming out of the exit way and I just blurts out really loud…. ANNYEONGHASEYO(Hello in formal)!!! Then , Youngmin , Donghyun and Jeongmin are bowing to us.  Youngmin smiles with his charisma that can kill you and with an undertone reply , “Annyeong”

Suddenly my cousin is talking to them in Japanese… I am so jealous that she can speak Japanese. I can only do some basic conversations in Korean but she can fluently speak Nihongo since her dad is a Japanese.  Boyfriend can clearly understands her  then Jeongmin makes a 90 degree bow to us twice, “Gomapseumnida… Gomapseumnida (thankyou!) ....

 And they are gone.....