Loyal Subscribers 1

Loyal Subscribers

Baekhyun’s POV

 

“Hey internet! I got some suggestions to take a look at the very popular real__pcy’s YouTube. Let’s get to it.”

 

That was the video that started all of this chaos.

 

Why don’t you just die?

 

You’re jealous right? That’s why you’re being such a ?

 

Leave Baekhyun alone. If you don’t think he’s funny, off!

 

You must be incredibly childish if you find this jackass funny. He has some of the most immature, low brow humor I’ve ever seen. Grow up!

 

Our subscribers were going insane. I don’t know why everyone felt so protective over this Park Chanyeol and myself. I had never met the guy. I hadn’t even watched his videos before that day but he had somewhere around 80,000 subscribers and they were very loyal; probably because of the musician’s pretty face and deep voice. I had mentioned that in my video so maybe it’s not a popular idea to point out that his subscribers are all just thirsty es and not actual fans.

 

It’s not as if this is the first time I’ve playfully criticized a person. It’s a persona I put on to entertain, it’s not that I actual have any issues with the pretty boy, he’s plenty talented and I’d probably subscribe if I had stumbled across his channel on my suggestions but instead subscribers are fighting and suddenly we’re pit against each other.

 

Chanyeol hasn’t commented or contacted me after two full days, so I suppose he expected me to reach out to him with an apology but swallowing my pride was never a strong point of mine.

 

No POV

 

“Chanyeol have you heard of baekhyunee_exo?” Chanyeol turns to his best friend, an eyebrow, and removes his fingers from his guitar frets.

 

“That kid everyone hates?” Chanyeol scoffs dismissing him and Kris sighs noisily.

 

“Have you seen the last video he made?” He goes on, typing angrily into Chanyeol’s open laptop. “He talked about you, stupid.” Chanyeol stilled, giving his attention to the frustrated Kris, who opened the video in question.

 

When the video ended Chanyeol was flushed in anger. He’s frustrated and offended by the small boy who didn’t know anything about him. He stayed angry for a few more minutes until Kris made him read through the comments. His subscribers were threatening to kill the boy; which made Chanyeol immediately uncomfortable. They cursed at him and wished the worst things on him and Chanyeol’s heart shifted as he worried for the offending boy and gave Kris a look the older recognized too quickly.

 

“Oh no, Chanyeol! Do not tell me you feel sorry for this !” Kris grumbles.

 

“He’s just making jokes. This doesn’t affect just me Yifan. If I sit here and tell people I got my feelings hurt because of some lame jokes he could get hurt. Look at the comments they’re leaving. He’s probably crying by now.” Chanyeol groans helplessly.

 

“I’m sure he’s fine.” Kris hisses bitterly in his friend’s place but Chanyeol gives the blond a hard look and the taller man sighs. “Alright well, try messaging him. Maybe you can fix this.” He huffs, running a hand through his hair but it makes Chanyeol brighten.

 

“That’s a great idea! We can collaborate and tell the subscribers it was a big joke and we’re actually friends!” Kris looks skeptical but Chanyeol reassures himself and shifts the computer to type a quick private message.

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

I saw your video and I think it’d be best if we meet and try to fix this. Subscribers are getting out of hand. Find me on Kakao and we’ll set a date.

 

I had expected another angry, anonymous PM and almost deleted the thing without looking but when I saw the name real__pcy I clicked without thinking and a smile tugged at my lips. Chanyeol was playing the good knight and I couldn’t even make fun of him because it was exactly what I needed.

 

We made the video simple. We sat in front of the camera and told them how we were sorry for misleading them and not mentioning our friendship in the past before the video got popular. We begged them to understand and take both of our lives into consideration. Chanyeol did a lot of begging on my behalf which probably looked good on camera, like we’re truly close friends and he was hurt because I was hurt. He even went so far as to tell his subscribers he was disappointed in them and he can’t believe they would say such horrible things to a person for something as meaningless as a comedy video. He cut it off with a last curt apology that sounded like a disappointed father correcting his children but the whole thing sure was convincing and I honestly hoped for the best because it was becoming exhausting dealing with so many angry people wishing me dead.

 

Chanyeol, like I said was perfect when we made the video. He was charming off camera too and probably even more handsome, funny and smart. He actually laughed at my jokes and I could see Chanyeol actually becoming one of my dearest friends.

 

Yeah, so chapter one is short but it’s a short story. I know this chapter is kind of choppy too, switching from Baekhyun’s POV to No POV and back but yeah I didn’t plan that out haha it’ll probably be better next chapter. But yeah, so Baekhyun and Chanyeol met or whatever but the rest of this story will be kinda fluffy. So I hope you like that…hehe Bye!