Homework Friend

Perfect Imperfection

Homework Friend •

"I'm a loyal friend,"

- Park Jiah


School was fine to the both of them that day and Kyungsoo did not get bullied by Kris and his gang. Jiah thought that the day when she attacked him back was good enough to scare him off. Everytime Jiah saw Kris and gang, Kris would notice them also but he didn’t do anything. All he did was to stop and smirked and then walked away. Jiah thought a bit of self defence was enough. Tch, such a coward.

Schoo ended and Jiah stood outside her classroom and waited for Kyungsoo to pack up his things. One by one, her classmates went out from the classroom and some big goodbye to her. Jiah tapped her feet while waiting for him. She took a sneak peek inside the classroom and saw Kyungsoo still packing up his things. She turned her head away and laid her back to the wall and continues to wait.

After a few more seconds, Kyungsoo went out of the classroom.

“You’re here.” Kyungsoo muttered. “I thought you went back home.” He said.

“I have freaking English assignments to do and I have no idea how to start.” Jiah complained. “C’mon let’s go. Follow me.” Kyungsoo said and Jiah followed him behind.

Both of them went out of the classroom building and went down.

“We’re not going to the library?” Jiah asked. “No, we’ll be going to my house.” He said.

“Your house? Why not the library?” Jiah questioned.

“Because my parents don’t allow me to linger around after school.” Kyungsoo stopped pushing his wheels. “Let’s wait for my car to arrive.”

“C-car?” Jiah stuttered. “Yeah. Why? That’s how I go to school.” He said.

Jiah formed a ‘o’ with a mouth. “How long is he going to arrive?” Jiah asked.

“There he comes.” Kyungsoo pointed towards the car coming towards us. A fancy looking car stopped right in front of us. A guy in a black suit went out from the car and helped him move into the car and put his wheelchair at the back of the car.

Jiah watched everything that happened before Kyungsoo’s voice went into her mind. “Come in.”

She steadily goes into the car and closed the door and the car drove off.

“Secretary Cha, this is my friend that I texted you just now.” Kyungsoo introduced. “Hello, a-ajusshi?” Jiah said.

“Call me Secretary Cha would be fine, agasshi.” He said. “Ne, Secretary Cha” Jiah smiled.

“Did you tell my parents about this?” Kyungsoo asked.


“Yes, Kyungsoo-sshi. Your parents agreed and your mother is more delightful to hear a guest coming to our house.” The driver smiled. “Good then.” Kyungsoo said.

“She’s isn’t going to be excited again, Secretary Cha?” Kyungsoo asked.

“She showed a bit of excitement before I went out to take you home.” He said. “As expected, my mom.” Kyungsoo murmured but enough to let the Secretary Cha and Jiah hear.

The trip to Kyungsoo’s house took 15 minutes to reach. We were quiet along the way there. Our gazes were fixed outside the car looking at the scenery. The chauffeur looked awkward along the way too.

The car entered from large silvered gates that were as tall as 2 meters and Jiah was awed for a moment. Then, Jiah’s eyes spotted a large patch of garden that was surrounded by beautiful flowers, tulips, roses, sunflowers, and more. Different shades of colours of flowers were there and it moved as the wind blows. Jiah smiled warmly as she watched it moves slowly. She loves the nature. The car went past the garden but her smile was still attached. The car stopped and the chauffeur told Jiah that they’ve reached.

Jiah took her school bag that dropped off from the seat. She didn’t know when did her bag dropped. Must be when she was too busy admiring the flowers there. She sighed, but she was happy. The door from Jiah’s side was opened by the chauffeur. Jiah went out from the car and said a small thank you to him. Then he moved over to the other side and helped Kyungsoo out from the car.

Jiah noticed and she felt bad. Secretary Cha should have helped him out rather than her. She was capable of opening the door of the car by herself, it isn’t that hard. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo needs more help than her, with his wheelchair, since he cannot walk. Another guy in a suit came over to Kyungsoo while Secretary Cha went back inside the car and went off. The guy who came over to Kyungsoo started to push his wheelchair into the house.

“Follow me,” Kyungsoo said when he passed by Jiah. Jiah picked her head up and followed Kyungsoo into the house.

More like a mansion. A big mansion.

Jiah picked up her pace and walked beside Kyungsoo.

“How many people are living in this house?” Jiah asked while staring at the surroundings of the house.

“It’s just me, my parents, around 5 maids and 4 bodyguards living here. The rest of workers would go back to their own houses because they wanted to and they have a family anyways,” Kyungsoo said casually as they walked more into the house.

A surprising voice suddenly was heard and it startled Jiah. She looked to the front and found a middle aged woman dressed in a peach coloured ¾ dress that reached her knees that were ironed perfectly. Moreover, a pearled necklace and bracelet that she wore on her left hand. Her hair that was curled perfectly that reached her shoulder. She wore minimal makeup on her face with just eyeliner and lip gloss.

She greeted Jiah with a smile before speaking, “You’re home!”

“Yes, mother.” Kyungsoo smiled. “Is this the person that you mentioned about?” his mother asked.

Jiah gulped her saliva, she looks nice but she had to be careful. Kyungsoo let a small nod to his mother.

“Hm~” Kyungsoo’s mother hummed excitedly while walking forward to Jiah and gave a sudden hug which made Jiah gulped her saliva again. She patted Jiah’s back softly before breaking their awkward hug. “You’re so pretty.” She complimented her.

Jiah blushed before giving a reply. “Thank you madam, I’m Park Jiah.”

“I know, Kyungsoo’s been talking about you lately, right Kyungsoo?” Kyungsoo’s mother smiled at him and patted his head. Kyungsoo’s head shot up when he heard his mum told her his secret.

“Omma!” Kyungsoo said with his trembled voice while his white eyes popped out while looking at his mother. “It’s okay, son.” She said.

Jiah turned her head to Kyungsoo a deniable expression while saying out, “Really…”

Kyungsoo gave her a small glare. “Mum, I need to go help her with her assignment.”

“Yeah, go ahead son, take care of her.” Kyungsoo’s mum gave a sweet smile to the both of them before they proceed to the study room. Both of them stood in front of the study room.

“Yah, you go in first and take a seat. I will go up and change my clothes for awhile. It won’t take long,” Kyungsoo said before going off.

Jiah turned the door knob and there she saw the interior of the room, 4 hazelnut coloured bookshelves in the room, two of them were at each corner of the room. To her right, there is a sofa and a plasma TV for study breaks and in the middle of the room is the study table that is in brown coloured with a white chair. She sat on one of the white chairs slowly and put down her bag. Jiah ped her bag and took out her English assignments and her pencil case. Around 10 minutes, Kyungsoo arrived to the study room.

Kyungsoo had let his hair down, Jiah gulped her saliva. She could hear her heartbeat suddenly increases and she slapped herself mentally. She smiled awkwardly before saying ‘hi’.

“I still don’t understand,” Jiah pouted looking at her book that is full of scribbles here and there.

Kyungsoo had explained to her for an hour but Jiah could still not understand how to do the assignment. Kyungsoo sighed.

“Argh!” Jiah grunted and flop her head on her book.

“Yah, do you know how much pain I’m going through while teaching you? I’m more frustrated than you!” Kyungsoo heaved another big sigh.

“But—But – I’m sorry!” Jiah said. “… Teach me one more time please?” Jiah said.

“Fine, fine, one last time,” Kyungsoo took deep breaths, “Okay, let’s erase off the scribbles first.”

Both of them helped to erase of the scribble on Jiah’s book when suddenly both of their hands brushed off against each other. Both of them stop at a halt, froze and looked at each other. Something just had to happen in their hearts. Both of them started to feel butterflies in their stomach. Jiah took action first by moving her hand from the position and looked somewhere else.

“Uhh… I promised you something right?” Jiah fiddled her fingers. “What is it?” Kyungsoo mumbled.

“Biscuits and chocolates that… you said?” Jiah raised her brow a bit. “Yeah, but –,”

“There’s a store outside of your house right? I’ll go out and buy some and be back in a minute.” Jiah stood up from her seat and ran out of the room while raising her ‘ok’ hand sign.

She went out of the house and told the security guard that she is going to buy something for a while so that she could come back in later.

Jiah ran out and headed to the store in front, and panted when she got in. Kyungsoo’s house sure is big. The cashier was overwhelmed when she saw Jiah came in abruptly and sighed and continued her work.  Jiah headed to the titbits sections and chose some chocolates and biscuits before paying them.

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo took in deep breathes after what happened. He patted his chest and shook his head. He ruffled his own hair in distress. He grabs a bottle of water and gulped in some into his mouth. He felt relived after that.

Kyungsoo’s mother came in abruptly making Kyungsoo shocked and once again he patted his chest. “Omma! Hajima!” Kyungsoo said.

“Yah, Kyungsoo-yah, what happened? Why did she suddenly come out of the room like that?” Kyungsoo’s mum bombarded him with questions but Kyungsoo still kept calm. “She forgot that she promised me to buy a chocolate, that’s why she’s kinda in a hurry there.” He explains.

Well, that’s the point too but the reason wasn’t entirely about that. You know…

 “Is that the case? But mum has already prepare dinner for the two of you,” His mother confessed.

“I know, I was just joking about buying chocolates but she took it seriously and I forgot to tell her that dinner will be prepared.” Kyungsoo said as he fumbled with his pen.

“Well, when she come back, tell her that dinner will be prepared soon. I’ll see you two downstairs.” His mum patted his shoulder before going out from the room.


Jiah’s mouth was cup by a hand, supposedly a guy or a man’s hand and drag her into an alleyway which is pitch dark with an only dim lamppost. Jiah tried to free herself from the hand but her strength was not strong enough to overcome a man’s strength.

She didn’t see who was dragging her as the man was wearing a cap and he had his gang around him. She tried to shout but to no avail. She was pushed against the wall and Jiah coughed out for air. The gang stood in front of her and Jiah slowly raise her head.

“Y-you…” Jiah panted. “… You – I—,”

“You’d thought we’re done?” he let out a small laugh. Jiah gave him a glare.

“No… no… no…” he said. “… it’s too easy for it to be done, just. Like. That.” He laughed again.

“You coward!” Jiah shrieked out.

“No, a coward?” the guy traced his finger down her jaw line and grabs with his hand. Jiah gasped for air and her eyeballs were going back and she her white eye. “Don’t you shout, Park Jiah!”

He let go of her and once again, Jiah gasped for air. She touched her neck that was painful and it stings. She winced.

“Are you interested with him?” he asked. “Who?” Jiah coughs.

“Do Kyungsoo, who else? You’re always with him.” He said.

“No.” Jiah calmly answered. “I’m here beside him so that he won’t get bullied by you, Kris.” She glared.

Kris slams his palm on the wall beside Jiah, “Let, me warn you, once again. Mind your business and get lost from him! He’s a wreck!”

“No! Why should I? I am his friend! His only friend! Why must you always bully him? You know he’s not capable to fight back against you, but why? Why?!” Jiah let down a stream of tears.

“He’s fun to play with.” Kris smirks. “You know, when he falls down from his wheelchair, he looks like a pathetic rock rolling down without any worries.”

“You jerk!” Jiah slapped his face.

“Hey! Just get lost. I don’t want to see you trying to protect him? He’s pathetic!”

“I think you should get lost. You’re wasting your time making other people’s lives worse. You people are basically ting off your privileges.” Jiah spoke right into Kris eyes. “Now will you excuse me, I need to go.”

“Oh.” Jiah turned around. “And I hope you wouldn’t mess around with us in school, or anywhere else.” Jiah spoke and walked away.

--

“What’s taking her so long? It’ been half an hour since she left.” Kyungsoo mumbled to himself as he glances at the clock beside him.

Jiah walked into the room after 5 minutes.

“Yah, where did you go?” he asked. He felt something strange about Jiah. He looked at her. “Yah… why is your face pale? Are you okay?” he asked.

“Yes, I’m fine. Don’t worry. I just ran back here that’s all.” Jiah laid her on her chair and handed a plastic bag to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo took it without any words. “Actually, buying chocolates and titbits were just a joke.”

“What did you say?” Jiah choked on her words.

“I didn’t know you would even do what I say.” Kyungsoo smirks. “Yah, Do Kyungsoo!” Jiah smacked his arm.

“AH! It’s painful, you beast!” Kyungsoo jumped in pain. “Are you still going to joke around with me even though you’re using a wheelchair? I could just throw you out – ,”

“Fine, fine, sorry.” Kyungsoo pleads. “Anyways, dinner is prepared downstairs.” He said.

“Dinner?” Jiah questioned. “Yes, yes, let’s continue finish up our work in 30 minutes and we can pack up.” Kyungsoo told her and Jiah nodded her head.


 

Hello, I'm back hahaha! Kyungsoo please don't make a joke, hahaah